De Jong: “I need to decide to if I stay at Milan or leave”

NIGEL DE JONG has admitted his Milan future is far from certain and offered his public support to Clarence Seedorf.

De Jong is leading the Rossoneri Blog poll for Player of the 2013/2014 Season and he was a key part in Seedorf’s team. However Seedorf is set to get the axe in the next days (severance package yet to be agreed) and De Jong could follow.

Nigel joined the Rossoneri in 2012 from Manchester City on a three year deal and with the midfielder approaching the age of 30, he could leave the Diavolo as a number of teams have shown interest in him and he admits that he might walk out.

Report: Alex to pen 2-year deal, Menez to sign contract to 2017
Galliani and Inzaghi meet Menez and his agent

“The firing of Seedorf? I don’t anything about what’s going on, but I hope that Seedorf will stay. You all know how football is in Italy. It’s politics,” De Jong is quoted as saying on the Dutch news agency ANP. “Seedorf did a fantastic job with players that weren’t his own. We had many good performances in the four months with him, we played better and more offensively.

“Unfortunately we missed out on the Europa League by just 1 point (finished 8th). Seedorf now needs time and a fresh start. We must start a new cycle with him. Dedicating the goal in the derby to him? I did it because I knew he was in a difficult position. I wanted to support him. My future? I’m 29 years old and I have to make an important decision: stay at Milan or leave to join another big club. Milan is a top club, but I want to know what the project for next season is. It’s only normal.”

Milan can find themselves on the market searching for two midfielders as Riccardo Montolivo will of course miss the first months of the season. They’ve been linked with the 22-year-old midfielder Daniele Baselli of Atalanta in the last few days.

Translationo credit: @Milanello
Milan fan
Milan fan

Go bro,go far away this team obviously will not get better any time soon,the transfer policy is the same,getting free player garbage that other teams don’t want. You deserve so much better.

JaRossoneri
JaRossoneri
Reply to  Milan fan

I’m surprised to find myself agreeing with you 100%, well said.

Liam Bekker

Losing de Jong would be a huge loss for Milan. He was easily your best player this season. That said, as a Liverpool fan I would love for him to join us and replace Lucas.

This is how it is when the club has no clear signs of vision or ambition. However I do like what I’m hearing of Baselli and I hope that the rumours of him joining are true. He can be a real gem for the future, not as a replacement for de jong of course, but as a signing for now when Monti is away, and even though he seems like a great person, Essien is surplus to requirements, so he could be his replacement – one player leaves and one player arrives.

Flαsh
Flαsh
Reply to  Milanista121

Baselli free or buy or loan him?

Jibola
Jibola

He obviously wants to leave because of the harsh treatment of Seedorf, he’s stating the fact here and i can only respect him more for his guts. It’s politics

Milan ultra
Milan ultra

Personally I would be sad to see seedorf leave, there is a conspiracy against him and baldy is d architect of the grand plan. Seedorf deserves more respect from the authority. My questions still remains as this, If Clearance Seedorf were to be an Italian or a white would he be treated this way? IMO if the dullest Milan coach in history stayed on his job for 3yrs& 6mths then CS deserves more time at least the whole of next season.

Greg
Greg
Reply to  Milan ultra

I honestly think Seedorf would stay if he played Berlusconi’s 4-3-1-2, but he know it’s an ancient formation.

Cowmagnet
Cowmagnet

This is a man. No offcolor jokes. No jabs at the higher ups. just simple support and desire to know the future of the club, like the rest of us.

sulexdinho olawale pato

WTF.a liverpool fan in here?

Joe Argani
Joe Argani

If they don’t make a big transfer this summer, they will not in the top-three next season. They need a big transfer for 1 striker, 1 midfielder, 1 defender and 1 goalkeeper.

dejan10
dejan10

That’s the reality of being a Milan fan these days. Every season our best player leaves. Terrific…

Offliner
Offliner

He wont leave. He will set with Galliani and clear things up as usual.

Mojdanis
Mojdanis

Well if he leaves it would be cause of the Galliani and he’s treatment to Seedorf and club.And i would not be mad at De Jong,no I will be proud and gratefull!

I-Milan
I-Milan

I’ve never been a great fan of De Jong – but I respect him for his commitment. Now, my admiration for him has grown. It shows how AC Milan has no men who speak out for the right thing in the team. All the Inzaghi supporters (players), I wonder what they’ll do when initial teething problem begins with Inzaghi/Berlu/Galliani tactics. I believe some of the players betrayed Seedorf with their performances on the pitch.

Ted
Ted

As much as it would hurt to see one of my all time favourite players leave, i can’t blame him. Milan is a sinking ship right now so i’m not and will not be surprised of anything

Hasowayne

Hmm, this is starting to be a re-occurrence. I remember Ibra also stating this before he left.. ”He was awaiting the next project and he made it clear to the management” they had no plans to sell him at first, but because Galliani had no project and wouldn’t fire Allegri and it later became obvious to us all that Ibra almost got into a fight with Allegri and never liked Allegri’s ways and ideas.. Galliani being scared of those who stand up for the truth as usual, sent Ibra packing and kept Allegri and went ahead and signed Matri. Now… Read more »

Reply to  Hasowayne

You make valid points brother, although what differentiates it all is that Ibra after all wanted to stay, and was promised that he wouldn’t be sold, but Galliani did anyways. De jong seems to be 50/50 at this moment, in his head, he could stay but he can also leave, depends on what Galliani says to him, if he’s convinced so he will make up his mind to stay, then I’m not worried and I’m convinced that he will stay. It’s just my opinion about this particular situation.

Reply to  Milanista121

Nice one bro.. Your opinion is just well valid.. You know what..? When I look back at how we became pals on here.. It makes me see life differently and the amazing thing is, we argued and threw some bad words at each other, but in the end, we were fighting for the same course. A better Milan. Our opinions just varied. Honestly, your comment is the first I look for whenever there’s a new article.. Thumbs Up Mahn..!

Alex The Mauler (SWE)
Alex The Mauler (SWE)

He deserves better than this… But if he does leave i want Sandro from Tottenham as his replacement

ardian >>FORZA MILAN
ardian >>FORZA MILAN

you can go, i never liked you

Hasowayne

You just HATING. Guess you have something personal against him.. If you wanna hate him more, go check out the Best player for last seasons poll.. Guess you’ll jump of a bridge when you see the result. You clearly aren’t a sensible fan and I’m sure you ain’t a football fan, cos if you were, you would understand the quality De Jong possesses in his position.

pele80
pele80

The great “bull” that tackles everything he sees,even out of the pitch! Brush them all bro. Galliani is making me hate him more and more.and inzaghi should becareful in rushing this job else he would be hurt. Lastly, For thr dignity of this great club pls berlusconi sell it to whoever that can invest on it. Cagliary belongs to an american now.Forza milano!!!

Greg
Greg

Amen De Jong, saying what we’re all thinking

sherbini
sherbini

It won’t be a big problem if he leaves. We should sign baselli, play cristante and poli. the real problem is montolivo’s abcence.

Alex The Mauler (SWE)
Alex The Mauler (SWE)
Reply to  sherbini

And who will take care of the Dirty work? learn something about football we have to win the ball back aswell not just players that pass the ball well. Montolivo? he is more of a burden than de jong he were terrible this season and after this injury i very much doubt he will be better

sherbini
sherbini

top mifielders have both.

Reply to  sherbini

Just STFU, you know nothing about football…!

sherbini
sherbini

he is not that valuable player.

Reply to  sherbini

Indeed…! And excuse me to say, in your own words. You are not a valid fan. Go learn your football. And did you know that. Nigel Dejong gave the most accurate passes this past season, and also tackled and won the most balls? I can give you the stats if you need them, and to top it up, he was our best player for the season, the facts speaks for themselves, he was also essential the season before this. Montolivo????? Tell me something new…! Not taking anything away from Montolivo, but I’ll rather have a team with De Jong on… Read more »

sherbini
sherbini
Reply to  Hasowayne

passing to a player 2 meters away is not that difficult. The important is the pass efficiency and not accuracy. he is accurate cause he passes to montolivo that is 2 meters away from him. But nigel is only good in tackling and many players are too.

Reply to  sherbini

Shut up with your BS.

phillmicester

no respect that sivilio

Unamused Observer
Unamused Observer

Please do me a favor and leave Milan already because you’re not a A+ plus player. I always prefer Montolivo or Poli in that position over you anyways.

The only good thing about him is the tackles,attacking-wise very poor. Go already!

Hasowayne

Now you sound like a delusional person to me.. Always thought you knew what you talk about, but it appears clearly to me that you know not a single thing about football. What is the business of a Defensive midfielder with attacking? Gattuso one of the greats in that position had no business there, but if I must let you know.. De Jong scored 2 goals last season.. Montolivo being so attacking minded, how many did he score? Answer me that. Unamused Observer? Seems more like A Confused Observer to Me.

MilanFreak
MilanFreak

-It was obvious since Essien arrieved someone had to go,Muntari and new-brought Essien won’t go so easy,both Market-Value is in low level.Riccardo Montolivo is Riccardo Montolivo and that leave us with De Jong,D.J is a player who came from City and his Market-Value is the same with 2012s if not bigger! (laughting a bit with this thought,Balancing the books isn’t easy). -If Montolivo was not sidelined he would be 99.99% gone in A.Galliani’s head right now,profet is profet no matter what for the club at this point,it’s easy to understand that. -10 years back global economic crisis wasn’t a fact… Read more »

redouan arafat
redouan arafat

I am not saying that hr should go but incase he does fernando would be a good replacement. Also qhen de jong played for ajax he used to be an am but becuase of his lack of pace he became a dm and really shined there for milan this season.

manee
manee

All of u saying let him go.. We r nt discussing abt weda u like him or not, but wat he means to d team. And we all know we r not getting any replacement for him, so we r gonna b stuck wt Essien all season. Wow!!!! Milan is now a scrap

Milan Forever
Milan Forever

Now that is LOYALTY, something that B&G don’t have.

ForzaMilan
ForzaMilan

I hope he leaves. He deserves better than this current AC Milan. I’m a Milan fan. We Milan fans deserves better than this. Our ledgends deserves better. What is the probability that kaka, inzaghi won’t better treated like crap?