Milan beat the Primavera 5-0 in a friendly at Milanello, Maldini netted a hat-trick, Conti and Jack scored too

Giacomo Bonaventura during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

Daniel Maldini scored three times as Stefano Pioli’s side beat Federico Giunti’s side at Milanello on Monday.

12 players are away on international duty but in any case the team has begun training ahead of the game against Napoli at Stadio San Siro on Saturday.

Today the team had their first training session of the week. As reported by acmilan.com, after a warm-up, there was an internal friendly at Milanello against the Primavera. The game was made up of three 20-minute thirds.

Technical Area Director Paolo Maldini and Sporting Director Frederic Massara were watching from the side, as Paolo’s son Daniel, who has just recently signed a contract extension with the Rossoneri, scored a hat-trick, while Andrea Conti and Giacomo Bonaventura scored as well.

The group will meet again tomorrow at 12:30 CET for lunch before training. Pioli, Bonaventura and Team Manager Andrea Romeo will all travel to Rome in the morning to take part in an event promoted by the FIGC for referees, coaches and captains in Serie A.

Agustinar
Agustinar
10 months ago

Glad to know this… Hope Maldini will be a great player in the future.. and finally I can watch Milan’s match on saturday night…

A.C. Milan 1899
A.C. Milan 1899
10 months ago

We’re so desperate for good news that even beating primavera side in a friendly is welcoming.

Pele80
Pele80

Hahaahhahahahhha….i thought thesame.

10 months ago

Bennacer wont be playing vs Naples so we might in trouble. Tho Naples are having behind the scenes problems so maybe we can take advantage. Piatek to get a hat-trick.

OmarLittle
OmarLittle
10 months ago

Are people done defending Piatek now after his comments about Milan as a stepping stone in his career? The guy clearly has no respect and doesnt care about helping the team only himself… He seems to have a very high opinion of himself and that is funny considering that he is useless at everything except scoring goals. He has no touch, no dribbling ability, no movement outside the box. He has the tactical knowledge of a snail

Reply to  OmarLittle

I read that but I took from it that he wanted to improve and become a 60-70m striker rather than he’s actively looking for his next move. Which he wouldn’t get anyway unless his numbers improve!
To be fair I don’t think the team has played to his strengths this season but Pioli is slowly sorting it out so he’s not entirely to blame.

Gems
Gems
Reply to  NickJ74

Spurs sack Pochetino
We should have waited til jan to sack giampaolo
We could have got pochetino in there

yourBoss
yourBoss
10 months ago

@Nickj74 but imagine like De ligt or Ousman Dembele talking about his next move just to express such a point? Professional players don’t talk like that in public because of course it’s normal to have dreams of playing for other teams but you have to keep it to yourself. That wasn’t even the first time the idiot’s been talking about his next move

Reply to  yourBoss

Fair enough. I’d like to read the whole interview as the bits I read seem quite general. I wasn’t annoyed by his comments but yeh maybe he should think a little before speaking.

Hakan is at it now –
“It was important that they [Bayern] looked at me. But at that time they had Arjen Robben and Franck Ribery who were guaranteed starters, who were also loved by the fans. It was difficult to say no. But if at some point in the future Bayern came back in for me, I wouldn’t say no.

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
Reply to  NickJ74

I get your point NickJ74 but in hakans case id actually welcome him leaving with a big smile on my face but lets get real here bayern wont come knocking anytime soon but we can atleast hope to ship him back to some other bundesliga team. Hopefully allready in january. Whether our players are correctly quoted or not i think they really should consider the ramifications of what they say will be before speaking up. The comments from both piatek and hakan has come in interviews but in my view our players really should be limited in how they are… Read more »

I agree!

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
Reply to  NickJ74

I think these kind of discussions should be kept to when Milan becomes Milan again; right now I don’t mind a player saying whatever he wants so long as he performs on the pitch. Pride should be reserved to those who deserve it; currently we don’t

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Baresis Dream Everyone knows we are not of the same quality of the past but let me ask you this though, Why should we allow an enviroment that can make it harder for ourself to get back to past levels than it has allready proven to be ? The most staggering point for me isnt about pride but the mere fact that they are contractual bound hired work and comments like those of piatek and hakan can work against the greater good of the club. Pretty sure most coorporations/companies wouldnt accept such unprofessional behaviour.

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
10 months ago

I’m just saying it’s luxury complaining about off-field antics of this and that player; Hakan is currently our best midfielder this season, let’s focus on that.

Regardless of any comments made by players, I believe there’s a good atmosphere in Milan, even in this terrible period. What we lack is more quality on the field, … and yes, patience- unfortunately we decided on year zero, and this is what a new refreshed squad looks like against well established squads.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

We’re as bad as Inter for year zero’s these past 8 years! When are we going to have a year 1 and 2? Whilst there might be a better atmosphere overall I’m not convinced there is a good atmosphere amongst ALL of the players. Despite what I said I think the discussing of moves to other clubs isn’t exactly good for team – or club – spirit but yes can be accepted easier if players are performing on the pitch which some quite clearly are not, or at least can do better. What we need is a 5 year plan… Read more »

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Thats fair enough but letting our players express themselfs about getting sold when not perfoming is also a luxury that shows focus isnt where it should be. But as i said a normal compagny wouldnt accept their employees running their mouths openly about their infatuation for the competitors or openly hinting they would leave for said competitors. Hakan might have played better than earlier this season but i simply refuse to accept that as a benchmark and in my opinion he should leave and hopefully as soon as possible. Neither am i, but comments that might indicate lack of commitment… Read more »

10 months ago

This is the problem for me re. the players- i’m not convinced we have established a good base to build on, certainly not in midfield or attack – who are you talking about? I like what I’ve seen of Bennacer and think he’s going to get better, Paqueta has promise after 3 managers and various injuries, Leao also but still we need to upgrade quite a few players such as Castellejo/Hakan and Suso and get in some actual good quality wingers/forwards plus I’m not sold on Kessie either. Malinkovic-Savic would solve a few problems and Fiorentina’s Castravilli is going to… Read more »

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
Reply to  NickJ74

This is the players i believe we can see as the base group to use as the fundament. Not all will be starters but that was not my point either. My point was if we keep adding marquee signings and young players on the verge in each transfer window then the base is there to build on. Base of the group id keep….for now Gianluigi Donnarumma Davide Calabria Andrea Conti Alessio Romagnoli Theo Hernández Mattia Caldara Léo Duarte Ismaël Bennacer Giacomo Bonaventura Lucas Paquetá Rade Krunić Krzysztof Piątek Rafael Leão Ante Rebić Wouldnt mind us keeping some of the other… Read more »

10 months ago

I have watched Fiorentina quite a few times this season and Castravilli is the real deal. We should swoop now before his value goes through the roof or other clubs want him. Yeh its tough with some of the other players cos as you say would they accept sub roles cos really AC Milan shouldn’t be using Hakan/Suso/Castellejo as anything other than subs if we want to step up to the next level. I guess it’s the balance between how much money can we get for them and what role they’d play if they stayed. Out of the 3 I’d… Read more »

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
Reply to  NickJ74

From the reports ive read i wouldnt be against him joining us but there are allready clubs interested in aquirring him (inter, napoli among others) so not so sure he will leave for cheap and theres also the fact that new fiorentina owner seems decided on keeping his best players to build a strong squad. Im pretty sure castrovilli if comtinuing his great form of late will now cost 30 mil and thats before a bidding war is even started. Main problem with suso is his salary, as he currently earns 3.5 mil a year and has been trying to… Read more »

Pato
Pato
10 months ago

Animals with horns are being counted snails snail is presenting itself . Who is Calhanoglu ???? What d fuck does he think of himself ???He is the most useless players in the team. He says in public that he doesn’t mind Bayern ? Nonsense ! Does he think its his type of player Bayern buys ?