Gattuso: “I want to take home the three points tomorrow, we stop thinking as a team when we don’t have the ball, Bonaventura has football in his soul”

Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)
Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

Gennaro Gattuso claims Milan have to improve when they don’t have the ball and says that while the Rossoneri are not a ‘great team’ yet, a hard fist doesn’t need to be used against the squad.

Milan only won one Serie A match from their opening four this season and are the only side in Serie A to have not yet keep a clean sheet. But the Rossoneri will look to change that tomorrow (Thursday) when they face Aurelio Andreazzoli’s Empoli at Stadio Carlo Castellani (21:00 CEST).

The Diavolo will be without the unavailable Caldara and Higuain, but are still expected to get the win. In today’s press conference, coach Gattuso underlined the importance for the victory.

“Empoli? We must win, I’m not looking for the perfect match but I want to take home the three points,” Gattuso told the journalists. “It won’t be easy, they are good at moving the ball around and they strikers make the right movement. We need the three points like we need bread.

Gennaro Gattuso during a press conference at training center Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

“What has changed in the last 9 months considering Milan lost 2-0 to Atalanta in December 2017 and then drew them 2-2 in September 2018? It had been four years since Milan last scored against Atalanta at San Siro and this time we wanted the victory.

“I think we played the game we had to do but then we turned off the light. The problem that should make us reflect is that in 25 minutes we conceded 6-7 shots on goal and we seemed unable to oppose their play. We play good football, but when we give too much space we have to track back and we struggle a lot. We don’t like open games, our defenders come in tired and we’re always chasing on pitches we don’t like.

“We end up playing with the features we don’t like, and when we don’t feel at ease you see our flaws. Too many times it looks like we don’t like running but we also need to learn how to do the things we don’t like. The voices coming out of the dressing room? Before I leave here I want to know who spies and gives you the information!

Franck Kessié during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)
Franck Kessié during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

“In these moments we must put aside the anger and find tranquility. Talk as little as possible. We’ve dropped a lot of points on the road but the performances are not all to throw away. Shouting and pounding the table and have sad faces is useless. We have to keep believing in our strength. When the club says that the goal is to improve the fifth and sixth place finishes, I agree and in this day I must transmit great tranquility and correct the things that don’t give us consistency.

“If we analyze the games we could’ve either won or lost them all… the team is nice to watch but we must be less nice and more concrete. The goals conceded and working on the mentality? There was a period in my Milan with Carlo Ancelotti when we conceded a lot of goals from set-pieces. Then there was another moment when we scored the 1-0 and then played as a team, closed in behind and only played the counter attack. Ancelotti asked us of this. What we’re lacking right now is conviction.

“We’re lacking the sensation that we can be in control of a game and then get this crazy sensation that we’re not going to bring the result home. Last season when we went ahead we won, this year we’ve conceded a lot of goals. My teams have always conceded very few goals and we need to improve in that regard. When we take the lead it seems like we don’t want the ball anymore, there’s a lot of concern. When all these issues arise at once, that’s when we have problems.

Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)
Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

“The drops in the tension? I was a player and it happened to me as well to take incredible blows like against Deportivo de La Coruña and in Istanbul. We have to think in a single way and when we have the ball we know what to do. It’s not about the possession phase but about winning the ball. We’re not very orderly in the first pressure, when we don’t have the ball we have to start playing differently.

“If it’s a sin of youth? We are not the only young team… we have to improve, we must not look for alibis. At the moment we cannot wait, we must understand what to do in order to not concede goals and not to give in chances. Right now I don’t feel comfortable even at a 2-0 advantage because at the first chance [of the opposition] something can happen.

Davide Calabria during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)
Davide Calabria during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

“If a hard fist will be used? I can’t say anything [wrong] about the squad. Above all, when the squad trains with great commitment and professionalism, respects the rules and is well together then there’s no need. Çalhanoğlu wrote yesterday that we are a family and this makes you understand what the environment is like in the dressing room.

“I don’t like to make a scene, otherwise you lose credibility. If someone behaves badly, like what happened with Kalinić last season, then I’ll intervene, but for now the guys have been following me and I don’t see why I should use strong manners. A bit of anger is perhaps missing but it’s difficult to explain why, you need to understand if they have it in their characteristics. You must be careful with having anger because sometimes you risk staying in 10 men and only doing damage.

Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)
Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

“The psychological aspect? I haven’t talked about fear, it’s not right to talk about fear in a group like this. I haven’t studied to be a psychologist, I have to analyze mistakes and work. I know some players very well and I have to try to make them do something more, we must be in search of this. If Hakan is wrong on 2-3 balls then nothing goes well for him, I have to make him understand that it’s important not be get down because he was wrong on two balls. We have to work on this.

“We are not a great team, we are a team that plays well but still has many flaws to correct, and we have little time. When Leonardo says we need to change our mentality he’s not wrong, maybe that has to mean to play less well but always go looking for the win, even one we don’t deserve.

“We need better organization. What we are doing is not enough, but we mustn’t let ourselves down. Mistakes can happen but we have to continue working being always 100 percent focused. To become a great team that’s what we need, we can become a team that can cause many others problems. We don’t have much time, and we need to put in something more on a personal level.

Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)
Gennaro Gattuso during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

“How do I judge this moment? Right now there is no need for slaps or to bang heads, we just have to understand the two phases of the game, we need to continue to do what we do when we have possession. When we don’t have it, we need to change our attitude. Last season at times we were playing on the counter, while this year it’s more build-up play. The problem is when we are off the ball as we stop thinking as a team. We need to be more compact during this phase of play.

“If I feel that we lack a leader? No, because at the moment Romagnoli is ahead for his age, the armband has given him a lot of responsibility. He is strong. Biglia is taciturn, but he knows when he was to talk. Higuain has leadership, Reina seems to have been here for a lot of years.

Giacomo Bonaventura during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)
Giacomo Bonaventura during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

“Bonaventura has always been involved since arriving to Milan? Jack, if he was not called Bonaventura but instead had a Brazilian surname, would have had more value. He has football in his soul, he’s got a good technique. He would prefer playing more up the field but he’s a mezz’ala with specific characteristics, a player that attacks the space. If he’s physically well then he can also give you something in quantity. He knows how to position himself and manage the ball, and it’s no coincidence that he manages to find the back of the net with consistency.

“Cutrone? It was the first day we had him back in the fold today. He tried changes of direction in training and all went well: we are pleased to have him back, he’s important for us. Caldara? He has an inflammation in his groin but today he was back running. He doesn’t have an injury.

“Suso? I’ve always liked him and how he interprets the games; he hasn’t been scoring much but I would be really pleased if he keeps making two assists in every game. I think he’ll end his goal drought soon. He’s doing well and has to keep up the good work.”

MilanDoank
MilanDoank

Be careful Mr. Gattuso, it’s like you have lost respect from some of your player. Higuain is champion, if he lose the game he will have some doubt of this team and will have less respect to the coach. Just play like last season with counter attack, the build up play is worst, the back seems nervous and the regista is even more nervous, forget to play good football or nice to watch football, we need 3 points in every single game, just make it and prove it!!! Give us victory Mr. Gattuso! Please…

WhereIsTheSpirit
WhereIsTheSpirit
Reply to  MilanDoank

You have everything that i want to say. As long as Milan wins, i don’t mind if Rino use 8-0-2 formation. Ugly but winning the game, i take that.

Jibola
Jibola

Stop taking out Bona and be bold enough to bench Donna and see the result.

Adeb Jogzie
Adeb Jogzie

Higuain not available
Cutrone not available

Hmmmmmm…… Three points is what is required from this team. No matter how good or bad the team plays, a win is a must.

2 attackers injured. Borini is available…… Hmmmmmm

Where is Milan heading? Readers of this blog please where is Milan heading? I’m worried, I am alarmed. Am I the only one feeling this way?

ACTito23
ACTito23
Reply to  Adeb Jogzie

And right now Andre Silva is killing Real. Scored 2 goals already. Good decision to let him go :-/

Reply to  ACTito23

When he scored a hattrick for us against austria wien, morontela sent him in the reserves in the next game, instead giving him chances to gain confidence, gattuso the same, he started always with kalinic who was a disaster as a striker and the boy became frustrated and he wanted to go…

Keong keong
Keong keong

1) bench donna
2) use 4312. Suso n bona as twin striker.
3) Calh as attacking midfielder.

Watchin Pool – Chelsea. Pool strikers – Firmino, Sturridge. Chelsea strikers – Morata, Giroud. But it’s the end of the world for us, it’s only a lack of strikers when it comes to us. And of course it’s all GATTUSOS fault for putting us in this position… smh… (hope the sarcasm is clear). I would’ve liked Bacca to stay too, not Silva, no one would benefit from that, not us, not him – but it is what it is, and Chelsea and Pool are also in three competitions. They’re even in four competitions. And dont say that Mané can play… Read more »

Sheva
Sheva
Reply to  Milanista121

Mane was a striker bro. 🙂 He would do just fine in that positon. I am not sure how good it would be in Klopp’s system but in 4-4-2 believe you me, he would smash. Hazard on the other side should play in his natural position cause there he is worth more than any striker in the world. But I agree, this can’t be Gatusso’s fault. He is still expected to win against Empoli, Borini wil probably take that position and we really need him just not to be red carded. Rest of our team should eat Empoli for breakfast… Read more »

Reply to  Sheva

I know, but he’s arguably better as a winger, otherwise he’d keep playing as a striker – for pool:) Although, Klopp prefers strikers like Firmino who adds GRINTA to their quality 😉 Yeah exactly! Borini on the other hand is actually a striker as well, wouldn’t be surprised if he smashed in a hat trick tomorrow 8) Im all for that Hakan-Bona swap tbh, it would add much more to our control in midfield, although Bona’s box-to-box running is arguably better than Hakans, so I dont see it happening, as Rino likes his wide midfielders to attack the box… Bona… Read more »

Reply to  Milanista121

If you’re comparing Chelsea players and Liverpool players to Milan players, then you’re clearly deluding yourself….! Chelsea Forwards – Giroud, Hazard, Callum Hudson-Odoi, Lucas Piazon, Morata, Pedro, Willian = 7 Liverpool Fowards – Sadio Mane, Divock Origi, Robert Firminho, Mohammed Salah, Xhedran Shaqiri, Dominic Solanke, Daniel Sturridge = 7 Milan Forwards – Suso, Patrick Cutrone, Gonzalo Higuain, Suso. = 4 http://www.worldfootball.net I’ll leave it here for you to do the maths yourself, you clearly seem to think you know it all when it comes to Milan, but it isn’t so. Andre Silva scored two against Real Madrid, he could have… Read more »

Reply to  Haso112

Make that – Suso, Cutrone, Higuain, Borini….

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  Haso112

Good to have you back on this blog, man. I know you don’t agree with me about Locatelli but I think Gattuso getting rid of Loca and Silva did it for me supporting him as a coach even more than his useless tactics, substitutions, team mental spirit, buying Bakayoko etc. Totally clueless. How the fact we’re playing Borini as a striker tonight is anyone’s fault but Gattuso’s is beyond me.

Reply to  dejan10

Totally beyond me mahn, I just can’t wrap my head around it, no matter how hard I try.. Looking from the past to present, the kind of forwards we always had and now to see Borini as the only option upfront really makes me feel bad for my MILAN… With regards to Locatteli, I actually like him and now seeing him play at Sassuolo and doing just great makes me like him even more, the difference is, we have an abundance of midfielders, unlike our option in the forward line. Locatelli will be back, it’s sad I can’t say the… Read more »

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  Haso112

Hope you’re right about Locatelli, and that Gattuso’s madness doesn’t force Reina out next.

Reply to  Haso112

Again, abundance of midfielders, how? how do we have an abundance of midfielders? perhaps in other positions, but no one that can ACTUALLY take Biglia’s place. We had him, in the mold of Locatelli, but unfortunately he left.
No wonder you include, WIllian, Pedro, Hazard, Salah etc as a STRIKER – which was my argument, im not talking about forwards im talking about the spearhead of the attack – instead of wingers. Maybe they CAN play there, Bertolacci can also play as a regista, but it doesnt mean that he should play there.

Reply to  Haso112

Im talking about STRIKERS clearly, you’re making your argument too convenient for yourself. As far as I know Shaquiri and Salah are considered wingers, even if that is a type of forward, but they arent STRIKERS per say. Borini is actually a striker, compared to those guys. Pedro, Willian, and if you include Callum-Hudson, then we can count Tsadjout as a striker for us as well. There, we have four STRIKERS. I can also make it convenient for myself with arguments. Im not saying I know it all when it comes to Milan, dont put words in my mouth. I’m… Read more »

Reply to  Milanista121

You still don’t get the point… Peace to you too….! I am not arguing with you, but it’s okay if you take it that way… Go to that site I posted in my comment, all those players are listed as FORWARDS… How many FORWARDS do MILAN have? Borini is a STRIKER for you… OKAY…

Reply to  Milanista121

Dude you’re funny, your sarcasm is totally pointless, because I see this very comment was made just in response to my comments on the other news, but what you fail to realize is this. Those two teams you mentioned can’t be compare to Milan in any way. I have posted another comment which is yet to come up and there’ you’ll see how baseless your sarcasm is. Chelsea have 7 forwards in total, Liverpool also have 7 forwards in total, Milan have only 4 which are. Suso, Borini, Higuain and Cutrone, and you think that’s okay? You make it seem… Read more »

Sheva
Sheva
Reply to  Haso112

@Haso112 welcome back btw @Dejan10 You guys are mostly right. I just want to point out that in Italy manager can’t push players out as easy as in PL or Primera. They are not involved in transfer policies as much. Leonardo and Maldini made those two decision after they spoke with all of our player’s agents in Casa Milan. Locatelli wanted first-team foorball and Andre Silva actually asked to be loaned out after frustrating first season for him. Now, Gattuso is the one who gave threm feedback that Loca can’t play in first team and you can only blame him… Read more »

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  Sheva

@Sheva, I usually agree with your comments but not sure why you’re blaming everyone except Gattuso here for Locatelli and Silva leaving. Gattuso was the one who made the decision to let them rot on the bench all season until they give up all hope of ever getting first-team football and requested to leave. And in Locatelli’s case, despite the player proving himself as being a more than capable midfielder under Montella who played him week in week out, Gattuso tells him he has no future. Then in the next breath he tells the press he has “complete faith in… Read more »

Reply to  dejan10

Complete faith in Bertolacci… LOL Now I understand completely why the Locatelli loan infuriates you, I’ve never actually given it a thought..

Reply to  dejan10

Montella did give Locatelli a chance, but he didnt play him week in week out, at least as a starter, you remember him starting to use Pasalic, despite him being so bad and never got benched, while Loca was seeing the bench more and more? And then next season Loca was still on the bench, started one or two games in the league, but mostly played as a starter in EL… criminal tbh. From both him and Rino.

Naz
Naz

Wow
Going by reading the comments there’s a whole lot riding on this game tonight and not just 3 points
Can’t wait

Reply to  Naz

Grab the popcorn mate, if the three points aren’t collected, shit will go down hahaha

Naz
Naz
Reply to  Milanista121

I’m going to keep the popcorn for the priceless entertainment reading all the arguments here tomorrow : )
But if Gattuso fucks up he’s in big trouble

K INC
K INC

Silva just scored against Real Madrid. Why did we let him go again?

Reply to  K INC

Because he didnt take his chances, while Cutrone did take his chances, and we have Higuain!:)
Glad he’s doing well though.

K INC
K INC
Reply to  Milanista121

Yes but we could have had both; either playing together or subbing on for each other.

Reply to  K INC

It would’ve maybe worked if we played with two strikers, but considering Rino seems set in his ways and play with a lone striker then it would only be bad for both players as they’re young and need playing time to develop :/

al83
al83
Reply to  Milanista121

Dude, that’s the main problem in Silva’s case: he DIDN’T get real chances – contrary to Cutrone.
This is our problem, this why some of us were complaining already last year (and not only now that he is scoring).

Reply to  al83

Cutrone deserved his chances, Kalinic didn’t deserved it ! Andre didn’t want to remain and I understood that, it was a really bad management from Gattuso and morontela

Reply to  al83

It’s about how you take your chances as well, even if they’re few and limited, take the game against Benevento at San Siro, I lost count on how many times Silva was caught offside – sloppy offsides too – because of him being too lazy to position himself again. Italy aren’t that patient with players like that. That’s something Cutrone wouldnt be doing as he would run, run, run, and run some more. One of the reasons for his great positioning in the box. @Alexmilan mentioned earlier that Silva scored a hattrick but still remained on the bench in the… Read more »

Reply to  Milanista121

It seemed to me that Andre even if he scored in that games and received a chance in the next games, he was affected because he felt he hasn’t been treated fair and the level of commitment was low, he was a player who played in Ch league, the first choice in his national team, fighting for a place to the world cup, and was expecting something else from this transfer, not being kalinic’s substitute. Cutrone didn’t have anything to lose, he played just in primavera, he was happy with every minute that he played, so it was quite normal… Read more »

Ink
Ink
Reply to  Milanista121

@Alexmilan If Silva needed to be treated like a diva, we don’t need him. If he gets affected by things like that, then what kind of professional is he? If he didn’t take his chances, then he should be benched. Let me point out the difference in treatment between Silva and Loca. Loca started only 4 matches whole season and most other appearances were last 5 minutes or so. And yet people here were shouting Loca had enough chance and did not take it. But Silva, when he appeared from bench he had 40-30minutes and also started a lot more… Read more »

Reply to  Milanista121

@Ink, i’ve just waited for you to comment. Very true, people have their favourites and get blinded due to this. The funny thing is though, no one wouldn’t have said a word if Silva wasn’t scoring. He wasn’t scoring for us, but now that he scores at Sevilla, it’s as if we’ve let go of Messi. We let go of Auba, we managed, we’ll manage with letting Silva go. Strikers are out there. The bigger loss is losing a player of Loca’s talent and potential, who very few people mention, think it’s probably only you, me and Dejan10 who mentioned… Read more »

Ink
Ink

@Milanista121
Yeah mate I have been quite busy with work last few days and only noticed these articles and comments this afternoon.
Valiant effort with your sensible comments mate. Commentators like you make the blog interesting and attractive.
Let’s keep on fighting for reasonable and logical debate instead of blind opinions.
Good luck tonight!

Reply to  Milanista121

I’m not blind, I am very fair and impartial when I talk about players. It’s a thing to be kalinic’s substitute game by game, even if he was calamitous and to feel that kind of inequity coming from your coach and ,trust me, you can’t be the same with all your proffesionality when you are treated like that ( don’t forget that we are talking here about people and not robots ) and it’s another thing to be Higuain’s substitute, one of the best strikers in the world, one about you feel he is better than you and you are… Read more »

K INC
K INC

Correction: He scored twice. SMH.

oluwa shevy

if we win like 4.0 comfortable and a food game plan without higuain and as borini the false 9 what will the comments be like or what will you guys suggest

Reply to  oluwa shevy

Dude, I suggest you change your dealer…..!

Milanellofm
Milanellofm

I don’t want to be that guy but Silva has just scored two against madrid and puts his tally to 6. I wish he was still here going into this game about to see borini start for us. Hazard goal against Liverpool was incredible. They’re a force for sure So bad I want to see a 4 2 3 1. Just one game and try out calhanoglu in the center. We know bonaventura as lw is really good. Suso too with calhanoglu in the middle. The amount of long shots and passes he’d have. I’ve always said that we never… Read more »

Ted
Ted

As every other Milan fan at this moment and on this blog, I’ll leave it here too. Silva just scored two against Real Madrid

Just sayin’

oluwa shevy

LA liga different from seria A look at what the defenders in Italy are doing to Ronaldo in juventus he should score wish him luck he as gone and let by gone be by gone

Reply to  oluwa shevy

TrueRossoneri
TrueRossoneri
Reply to  oluwa shevy

FYI Higuain too was from la liga, and yet he equaled the serie a scoring record for most goals in a season; something he never did in spain. You can say all you want about Andre Silva but we never really gave him a chance. People think he scored more goals in europa because it featured ‘easier’ teams but thats not the reason. Its because he didnt need to get accustomed to european football whereas he needed time to adjust to serie a. Afterall dudelange is much easier than any team we played last season yet Higuan scored only once.… Read more »

Reply to  TrueRossoneri

You know what’s even funnier… We offload Andre Silva, then keep Borini as FORWARD… Oh my goodness….! Borini is striking tonight between… lool

Reply to  TrueRossoneri

If we had a proven Bobo Vieri/Luca Toni up top for that lone striker role – then probably one of the young Sheva and Pippo would be offloaded, due to playing time, which is what happened now. The management – not only Gattuso, the management as well – took a choice between Cutro and Silva, and based on last season, it’s obvious they made the right choice. Imagine if we would have offloaded Cutro, our own Primavera boy who was one of few bright spots who has the world at his best, and kept Silva. It would’ve been wrong on… Read more »

Milan Wins
Milan Wins

You people are funny, making excuses for that inept stronzo! Silva got a brace against arguably the best team in Europe and grinta is here considering if he will play his love, Borini as a winger or striker. When I keep saying he is technically dead and can’t sniff talent even if it was baked for him, damn! After his sack, this guy should be BANNED form ever coaching again, what a sap! It will be a draw or Empoli will win, this team under this guy, cannot be vouched for against any in any division yeah, it’s that bad!… Read more »

Barney
Barney

I think after gatusso leaves Bonera should be our next manager
I mean Lord bonera should get a chance to be the manager of milan you know . Then after bonera leaves
Then Muntari or zapata should become the next managers of milan
Because they are milan legends you know what im sayin .. plus they got GRINTA thats all you need to be the coach of ac milan you know .

Mathijs Van Sloun
Mathijs Van Sloun

You can say what you want about Gattuso, but at least he sees where the issues are and he is completely honest.

But, that doesn’t make him a good coach, unfortunately. When he started last year, I could see the difference immediately. The backs didn’t let any crosses in and the game became more vertical.

Now, this season, these things disappeared. We conceded every match, still playing with fears and without conviction.

I think it is time for a new coach, unfortunately. I hope Wenger will join

Ruskin

I see yet another draw game ,Milan with its recent mentality can’t beat empoli

Haso112

Oh yessss.. Y’all guess who’s striking tonight… It’s BORINI baby….!

Hakan Borini Suso…………… I’m cringing….!

Alexmilan

I posted some reasons to explain the commitment of Cutrone and the low level of commitment of Andre, but this site didn’t let the post…

Reply to  Alexmilan

It’ll come up eventually, contacted Meytar this morning with regards to same issue and he says it’s an automatic system which tries to moderate the comments, sometimes he has to come on here and allow the comments manually, or it’ll juts pop up itself much later..

Sheva
Sheva
Reply to  Haso112

Meytar is on vacation somewhere in Dubai. Snorting coke from some strip’s ass. We should let that guy chill for week or two.

Reply to  Sheva

Hahahahaha…… I hope he sees this…

oluwa shevy

we all know borini is a joker but if he is played as a false 9 and eventually he bagged a brace or hat trick what will you guys say about him or think gattuso will do.

“I haven’t studied to be a psychologist, I have to analyze mistakes and work.” Yet most of rino’s comments are exactly about psychological aspect of the game. He rarely talks about tactics and strategy. Why does he keeps on playing 2 of the slowest players as wingers? Why 3 slow water carriers as mf? Why play 2 cb with same characteristics? Why not 2 st or at least 4-2-3-1 so castillejo and laxalt can play? Why didnt they go all out for unwanted pastore? Why let 2 potential youngsters loca and andry go away? If he wants to play with… Read more »

nick
nick

Silva is doing great at Sevilla and that’s good because we can sell him and recoup the 38m we paid for him.

La Liga is much easier than Serie A. In Serie A teams and defenders are superior tactically and defensively to every league. The football here is more tactical and that is why the majority of the best coaches come from the Italian league.

Silva would never make it as a top striker in Serie A and that’s the bottom line.

I would have preferred Bacca to stay over Silva any day all day.

Reply to  nick

100 % agree nick!

Reply to  nick

Bacca at 22 wasn’t so good ! If u compare Bacca at 32 to Andre Silva at 22 you are not fair ! Bacca has the experience as his only advantage, Andre is taller, stronger, faster, more skilled, more talented, has the future in front of him, is a starter in Portugal national team…Until 22 he played for porto, milan and sevilla, bacca at 22 was at brugge club…

Reply to  nick

Lol who says u cant score regularly in both leagues? because vieri, zamorano, ronaldo, cr7, bacca, morata and even milan’s very own pipita havent done it before? Silva starts scoring now because he now has better providers, hell he even has much better team.
Take a deep breath once in a while mate, u’ll live longer

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
Reply to  nick

Yep Nick, I agree. Seria a is much more defensive and physical.

But I think the Silva issue should be viewed as follows – there’s no way (and rightfully so) Silva would have stayed as a third striker another year, especially after we replaced Kalanic with Higuain (assuring him even less minutes).

So basically, it was either getting Higuain or going with Silva as our spearhead. Thank god we chose the former.

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream

Congrats for Silva scoring against Real Madrid; looks like a season at a team like Sevilia is doing him good. Still don’t see how we could have kept him as a 3rd striker. But of course, with our luck Higuain and Cutrone are off at the same time; I blame luck and damn Europa-league where Pepitta should have rested.

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
Reply to  Baresis Dream

… and to be 100% clear: Milan can and should beat Empoli even with Borini as striker. No excuses accepted. Hakan wake the f& up

Reply to  Baresis Dream

agree with both comments:)

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream

Yea, you said it above 100%-
Why is Silva not in Milan? Because we have Higuain, and he didn’t use his chances while Cutrone did.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

One thing I’d point out clearly to the both of you is, had we a better coach, Andre Silva would be playing for Milan at the moment…..

paijo
paijo

doesn’t metter how start in front, if your midfielder and winger not opening space and give key pass to striker…. gol? nope
you will see that higuan lonely in front.. he just wait suso’s awful cross from outside the box.. no true pass no cut back

oluwa shevy

I want to ask Andre Silva contract to sevila if we say we aren’t selling him again we want to keep him is it part of the deal or they have options to buy my question who have the upper hand to keep the player

Milan Wins
Milan Wins
Reply to  oluwa shevy

Haha! Is this a joke? You think Silva would want to come back and sit on the bench or play under the revolting tactics of the ‘grinta?’ To your question, no. Sevilla has the first option to buy him AND they will initiate it. Andre Silva will NEVER be a Milan player again, even if we get Conte, that ship has sailed. Thanks to the ‘grinta’ effect, next stop will be Higuain jumping ship once we don’t qualify for CL and Caldara would probably request for a loan move because he won’t get play time and the list goes on… Read more »

Reply to  oluwa shevy

They have an option to buy him and they said they will exercise it !

Cruzio
Cruzio

Mr gattuso has lost my confidence. Every match shouldn’t be approached the same way and with same formation. He lacks that intelligence to read games and make decisions. Play 4312 gattuso and see results urself. We have the players that have pace and can dribble, pls use them and stop complaining. Conte plssssss

Calm down
Calm down

It’s not that Silva is not good enough for Milan, rather he’s too good to be 3rd choice at any club. If anyone think that today’s Milan is appealing enough to attract such player wanting to be on the bench I’d say you are sleeping. I would have no problems letting Silva start 30 league matches for Milan but the same cannot be said about the reality. Being 2rd choice you know you can be introduced at anytime in the second half but 3rd choice? A Portuguese international waiting on the bench with 25 minutes to go knowing he won’t… Read more »

Reply to  Calm down

this comment sums it up perfectly, good comment Calm Down!!

Reply to  Calm down

Why should Silva have been the third choice and not the second ? Who said Cutrone would have been the second and not the third ? Or both of them would have been the same chances to be the second choice ??? Silva and Cutrone could have done a very good job together. But life goes on ! We have Tsadjout, Tonin, Colombo and so on