Report: Benzema’s representatives met with Gattuso and Mirabelli on Monday, striker wants a four-year deal

Karim Benzema celebrating during the Liverpool-Real Madrid UEFA Champions League final at Olimpiyskiy National Sports Complex on May 26, 2018. (LLUIS GENE/AFP/Getty Images)

Karim Benzema is another target of Milan, and Rino Gattuso already spoke to the Frenchman who gave his availability.

In the midst of a complete ownership and managerial change, Milan’s search for a big striker continues and after being linked to Ciro Immobile, Radamel Falcao, Álvaro Morata and Pipita Higuain, now another name appears: Karim Benzema.

According to Sky Italia’s Gianluca Di Marzio, Massimiliano Mirabelli and Rino Gattuso met on Monday at Milanello with representatives of Benzema and the intermediator Ludovic Fattizzo.

Gattuso has already spoken directly with the 30-year-old, who has given the green light to a move even before the CAS appeal was won yesterday. Benzema currently earns €9m plus bonuses at Real and has a contract for 3 more years. He’s looking for similar terms for a four-year period.

Benzema believes that his excellent relationship with Florentino Perez, Real Madrid President, would allow him to leave. Now it depends on the demands of Real for Benzema, Di Marzio claims, and also on the future of Mirabelli, who together with Gattuso set up the negotiations.

The striker’s agent, Karim Djaziri, reacted to the news on Twitter with 3 laughing-crying emoji’s. Di Marzio responded, tweeting: “He can laugh as much as he wants… maybe he will not laugh if and when the player changes agent. And when he finds out that Benzema has made other intermediaries talk with Milan. And he spoke with Gattuso himself. I don’t laugh… I tell what I’ve verified.”

Benzema is a name for the current management, but it remains to be seen if he will still be of interest if & when Elliott appoints a new person to be responsible for the market, perhaps Leonardo.

Not sure how to feel about this. What do you guys think?

gallo
gallo
Reply to  Milanista121

Many new have been circulating since Li was gone and even the same goes to the transfer ,but what i don;t understand is what is true and what is not.But diffinately if we need a striker we also need a good winger and a midfilder that can tactical.

nick
nick
Reply to  Milanista121

Honestly, I have mixed feelings about this one. Personally I would prefer if Milan invested in players like Andrea Belotti, Morata, Dembele, Forsberg and Depay rather than spending big on players in their 30s like Benzema and Higuain. Success needs to come gradually with a good 3-5yr plan and not overnight. Benzema is not what we need for long term success and stability. A winning team needs players who can develop over time together for consistency that’s what made Real Madrid so good over the past 3-5yrs. So a 4yr contract at such a high salary for a player at… Read more »

Naz
Naz
Reply to  Milanista121

Players like Benzema cost money and lots of it, Milan finished last year with the lowest goals tally of the top ten in Seria A Goals win matches and winning matches is something we struggled enormously with especially against the smaller teams, theres several games we can all think of that we should have won but didn’t because NONE of our current strikers were capable of hitting the net and if they did then we would have qualified for the champions league, we dropped 5 precious points against Benaveneto for fuck sake We need players like Benzema to guarantee goals… Read more »

Ancelotti
Ancelotti
Reply to  Naz

U are fantastic.. brilliant talk.. is good to have a mixture of experience and youngsters. That makes a brilliant team

Reply to  Naz

While you are correct in what you’re saying, didn’t Benz only score like five goals in the league last season? And that was in Real Madrid, granted he runs and creates space for the wingers. But more than that is needed. Other than that I agree with you Naz. @Sheva, I’d sign him over Higuain definitely, not sure about Morata though as plenty of Madridistas preferred Morata over Benz. @Forza1899Milan, yeah, but a player like Benz hasnt really been super reliant on his pace, while he is in his 30’s you can still get 3-4 good years from him if… Read more »

Naz
Naz
Reply to  Milanista121

I’m not actually sure how many he scored milanista nor do I know how many minutes he’s played but what I do know is he’s a class player and one who if possible to sign then we should, like you said he gives and creates space for others to work with and if given a chance he’ll hit the net 9 times out of ten, we haven’t had a player we can honestly rely on to score since Ibra I think Benzema is the perfect folly for Silva and I think that because he’d draw one or two defenders to… Read more »

Sheva
Sheva
Reply to  Milanista121

Better tham Morata and Higuain in my opinion. With all hes faults Benezema is still proven champ. He has mad skills and knows how to play with a team.
Serie a seems like a good place for him.

nick
nick
Reply to  Sheva

Real Madrid want 100m for him according to rumors by the Spanish press. Do you think he is worth that?

Sheva
Sheva
Reply to  nick

Nope. 50 mil max given the age

Ted
Ted

Well he’s the type of striker I believe Milan need considering their play. A striker that also creates space, can dribble and pass. Is more involved in final third build up

I repeat I said that type of striker but I’m not sure Benzema would be the right choice

Raven
Raven
Reply to  Ted

Stole my words there, I might add, that he didn’t made the cut in WC, he might not be motivated to play as hard as he would in Madrid.
I think I still prefer Ciro, we need more men who are called for the N.T.

Reply to  Raven

Reason he didnt make it to WC is because of what he had done with Valbuena – or his friends had done – so it’s told/believed that he would create disharmony within the squad. Deschamps chose the collective over individuals, which is the right call, even more so now in hindsight haha.

Safari
Safari

The better backup for Kessie is Meyer, his gona make Kessie sweat for his shirt, Meyer is very good with the ball at his feet and he can link up play better than Kessie we need this kind of player in the team everything is not about tank up. We can’t just relay all our creative on Suso & Hakan, Bona who is suppose to helping out too his thinking that is our Iniesta, don’t even know how is going to fare this season, we need quality on the bench for competition fron the players. We shouldn’t be wasting time… Read more »

Pato
Pato

We should go for Melphis Depay and a fast attacking mildfielder NOW. Let’s leave striker for now !!!!

Kourosh
Kourosh

Certainly an upgrade but I prefer other options. He’s not exactly young either.

Ayush

I think Morata would be a better option instead of rushing for Benzema. Morata has also played some quality football in Seria A and is prone to play in Seria A. Benzema is getting old and doesn’t seem to be on top of his form. Apart from this, we also should look for a midfielder, especially a backup for Kessie. Max Meyer, can be the one on which we could rely upon. He’s 22, is quite good, creative midfielder, also he’s a free agent. The problem being he’s asking wages of 4 million.

Wasp
Wasp

I would say that he will see the exit in Milan because he would have been surplus in Madrid. It’s a tough character player. If you ask me, somebody else please…

Naz
Naz
Reply to  Wasp

@wasp
How many world class and truly top level players become “surplus” at Real Madrid???
Madrid is like a revolving door of talent and just because they don’t want you anymore doesn’t mean your no good, if you took the players Madrid cast aside every 4/5 years and gave them to a top manager you’d create a team of Champions league quality

Larryoil

Though I still prefer benzema to morata but d type of striker we need now is cavani,who can build up something with cutrone and probably Silva. Benzema is good in some qualities but I’ll prefer Cavani or immobile

Ink
Ink

Yes to Benz from me.
We have seen what happens when you buy too many one season wonders.
A proven forward like Benzema is better to have.

Idris
Idris

Guys don’t think having morata and benzema could be a good striking force??????

Reply to  Idris

It will probably be one or the other, not both!

Calm down
Calm down

I love skillful strikers and I like to understand that Milan cannot say no to every top striker but Benzema doesn’t score many goals even in a dominant Madrid team. With that said, a top player is only a top player and though Benzema is not a great goal scorer, he’s top level. Many people dislike Higuain perhaps for his personality because imo he’s not a small striker in terms of finding the net. I especially believe that he will be even determined to finish on top of R7 in the goal chat after dumping him for the new arrival.… Read more »