Team news: Sampdoria were without Emiliano Viviano, Dodô and David Ivan, while Milan had to do without Luca Antonelli, Davide Calabria, Andrea Conti, Gustavo Gomez, Matteo Gabbia, Riccardo Montolivo and Niccolò Zanellato. Matchday 6 kicked off at 12:30 CET at Luigi Ferraris.

Goals: D. Zapata (72′), Álvarez (91′)

U.C. Sampdoria (4-3-1-2) – Marco Giampaolo
Christian Puggioni; Bartosz Bereszyński, Matías Silvestre, Vasco Regini, Ivan Strinić; Édgar Barreto, Lucas Torreira (93′ Leonardo Capezzi), Dennis Praet (90′ Ricky Álvarez); Gastón Ramírez (84′ Valerio Verre); Fabio Quagliarella, Duván Zapata.
Bench: Tozzo, Andersen, Sala, Caprari, Djuricic, Linetty, Regini, Murru, Kownacki.

AC Milan (3-5-1-1) – Vincenzo Montella
Gianluigi Donnarumma; Cristian Zapata, Leonardo Bonucci, Alessio Romagnoli; Ignazio Abate (82′ Fabio Borini), Franck Kessié, Lucas Biglia, Giacomo Bonaventura (77′ Patrick Cutrone), Ricardo Rodriguez; Suso (77′ Hakan Çalhanoğlu); Nikola Kalinić.
Unused: A. Donnarumma, Storari, Musacchio, Paletta, Locatelli, Mauri, André Silva.

Referee: Paolo Valeri.

donremie
donremie

For d first time I support d sack montella crusade. Y? Becos he lacks ideas n guts, has a middle man mentality n acts clueless. How can u wait till 78minutes to make a change when it is obvious d team is not playing well from d first minute. Montella was even happy to settle for a draw against lowly sampdoria. Can u imagine dat from a Milan coach? To be honest 352 is not a formation for a team dat wants to attack n score goals, its a docile system dat just clogs d middle of d pitch with… Read more »

zayn hussein

Comment: please I know am angry we need top coach this player are far better than this coach can handle we have quality and we still lose and concede goal very bad pls sack the coach milan mgt sack our coach before we go back to worse it still early we can make it with another coach

zayn hussein

Comment: pls I want to hear news that our coach is sack or resign tomorrow pls I love milan it hot my feeling sack him plssssssssssss the player are go is bonucci not a good defender and we concede as if we are seria B team sack him plsssooooooo

fegzy
fegzy

lol Marcello Lippi was in the stands against spal on Wednesday

Mads
Mads

I wonder what Seedorf would do with team. What is he doing nowadays?

Forza Milan
Forza Milan
Reply to  Mads

Yes!! Nice thought. I know Seedorf might have been better as all we need now is a good coach to raise the bars. Montella is taking us no where, the earlier we decide the better other wise Milan is in for a pretty long ride

Raven
Raven
Reply to  Forza Milan

I remember how we used to play with seedorf as coach, remember someone in this blog that said after derby de la madoninna, “ok poli is a beast” and that’s why poli play excelent that match, seedorf inherit a shitty team, and even with two thirds of his team being crap he did acomplish awesome things, but he spoke what B and G didn’t want to, to break that sleeping spell on some fans. Seedorf is the best coach since Ancelotti, he had no time to teach the boys his tactics, he had no transfer at disposal, the team was… Read more »

zayn hussein

Comment:good coach or nothing is better that montalla

Chuky
Chuky

I said it before, this guy will get himself sacked. this guy is a bad coach in every way.

Bang
Bang

4-3-3 failed, 3-5-2 (as what fans wish) failed. I don’t know what Milan should have do right now. Montella should kept 3-5-2 formation but also have to fixed the problem. 3-5-2 is very risky in defend (based on the match we saw against sampdoria e.t.c). The main problem is, why Montella coudln’t pick Andre Silva as a starter or subtitution in dificult match? Andre Silva is too talented to just play against small team.

forzamilan78
forzamilan78
Reply to  Bang

4-3-1-2 or 4-3-2-1. ancelotti style.

Raven
Raven
Reply to  forzamilan78

I thought 352 would be like this:

Mussa- Bonu- Romang
Monty/Loca
Suso—-Kessie/Mauri—–Biglia/Calha—–Bona

Kali-Silva

But no, Montella uses 7 defensive players: bonucci zapata romagnoli, biglia,abate,kessie,rodriguez Still guessing how we could get a chance on goal?

bidonesia
bidonesia

still too soon to change the coach… everybody know that Musacchio is better than even Romagnoli, Zapata is decent back-up, we should put the best defence vs top4 runner (such Samp, Toro, Ata, Lazio)
play Zapata in EL or serie a mediocers, he always know perfect time & position to do blunder to cost us the game…

Apache
Apache

Give Montella CR7 and Messi I swear he won’t know what to do. He prefers to play draw with low teams and lost to big teams. Inter won and u guys thinks we gonna make top 4? I said this since last year montella is not Milan quality.

fegzy
fegzy

a pack of lions led by bobo the cat what do you expect

azad
azad

We gonna lose against roma surly! Then the mad dog will be sacked hopefully

Forza Milano
Forza Milano

I watched the first half and I already knew we would lose the game .. the team doesn’t have a killer mentality .. no creativity .. no guts … Montella is clearly clueless because I would have started Andre Silva over Kalinic and Mussa over Zapata

forzamilan78
forzamilan78
Reply to  Forza Milano

silva and kalinic with calo in the five midfield. letting him roam freely behind the two strikers. he moves like kaka and has great potential.

agustinar
agustinar

Who will be our best option to replace Montella now ?

forzamilan78
forzamilan78
Reply to  agustinar

ancelotti, he is leaving munich, I hope he leaves in the winter and come back. Please come back. I hope we get our Christmas gift. lol

azzkikr
azzkikr
Reply to  agustinar

seedorf

ndemin
ndemin
Reply to  agustinar

Thomas Tuchel…Massimo Oddo

emery
emery
Reply to  agustinar

Leonardo Jardim !

forzamilan78
forzamilan78

Two players should have been subbed out at the 65 minute, zapata and kessie. both gave the ball away too much. I wish I could of jumped through the TV and taken kessie off myself. and why isn’t mussa playing instead of zapata? I’m not understanding montellas mentality. I would of even started locatelli. Biglia is good, but still needs to understand his teammates. Another disappointing game. I hope they recover from this, or we will be embarrassed by roma, inter, napoli and juve. not gooooood.

sexion
sexion

I am huge Milan fan and it is disappointing to see Milan lose like this with so much quality they possess. The performance was poor and not pleasant to watch. Montella is not the right coach for Milan.

Chuky
Chuky

In this age what kind of coach uses 3_5_1_1 please. This Montella is Montolivo 2.0

flooresens
flooresens
Reply to  Chuky

I get your point. i remember around 5 years ago it was Bologna’s.

Adekunle
Adekunle

Local hunter with AK 47 what do you expect, clueless coach,please sack him,it painful, he can’t lead Milan

dindudre
dindudre

I had always said montella was the problem . As a college soccer coach, all I see in this team is a bad coach that had all summer to teach his team ball control, ball possession, ball fluidity and ball movement but he didn’t. Put the world best midfielders in this team with this coach, as long as the coach’s philosophy is poor, they won’t thrive…bonucci and Zapata has played more forward passes than all our players because instead of pressuring the opponents, our coach believes in working the ball from the back (even though he’s playing with 3 man… Read more »

Andri

Stupid montella!

Nene
Nene

This stupid and incompetent coach needs to go. I can’t take it anymore

Cocor

Montella scared to make change on the field, he doesn’t want player’s to be mad at him.
Since Anceloti left acmilan never pick an experience coach

diamondwhales
diamondwhales

Truly montella got it wrong with his team selection and formation.we can’t use 352 in all matches,he ought to av used 4231 or pure 442,with suso and bonventura at their major wings,hakan as the no 10 role

akinremi oriyomi
akinremi oriyomi

Comment:please sack montella

Barney
Barney

Now we all agree , that montella needs to Go . We need ancelotti back or a experience coach .

victor Chris
victor Chris

I’ve noticed something about our 3 man defence. We play the back 3 like a back 4. This means we effectively play 1 centre back, and two full backs cos our wing backs play like wing forwards. This plays a huge role in making our opponents look dangerous attacking us.

Agni
Agni

From the very start we were playing poorly and I knew we will loose this game unless montella made some changes quickly, but guess what montella was clueless and let the team suffer on the pitch, unwilling to make any changes.

It was such a horrible game to watch.

Get a good coach or the Chinese will fire you too fasobelli.

And then Elliot will fire the Chinese.

All in all we are in for a fiery season.

Eka Nugraha
Eka Nugraha

Im sorry To say This, I Think Montella dont have capability to pick the best Man in the Field.. we Have andre silva, Hakan.. n he played cutrone..

38 Milion Stricker in the Bench..

Get Conte.. he miss italy..

Takus Maximus
Takus Maximus

It is all Bacca’s fault…oh wait