Bacca: “I apologize to the Coach, my teammates and all the Milan fans, that’s not me”

Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images
Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images

Carlos Bacca went on social media to apologize for his actions against Carpi. Cristian Brocchi accepted it but former coach Mihajlovic said ‘the tension that was there wasn’t there with me.’

The Rossoneri top scorer was replaced in the 69′ minute by Jeremy Menez and he didn’t take it all too well as he went straight to the dressing room without shacking Menez’s hands or speaking to new coach Cristian Brocchi.

Brocchi said after the match that Bacca had reacted badly and this must not happen again and so the Colombian posted an apology on Instagram on Friday, expressing his regrets.

“Reflecting after a few hours with a cool head, I apologize to the Coach, my teammates and all the Milan fans for the attitude I showed last night after my substitution,” Bacca posted along with a picture of him and Brocchi hugging.

“That’s not me, it was just a moment where I thought I could help the team on the pitch. I want to apologize with all my heart, and say that I’m right behind the team, my teammates and the Coach. I’ll give everything for this shirt, and I’m already preparing for our next cup final on Monday. Vamos!” Brocchi reacted on his own Instagram, posting: “Grande Carlos. United for the good of Milan.”

Former boss Sinisa Mihajlovic also reacted to Bacca’s action. He spoke to the Italian satirical television program ‘Striscia La Notizia’ upon receiving the ‘Gongolo’ award which is given to those who have a reason to be ‘happy’ this week with a specific reason.

Mihajlovic with the Golden Tapir last week [screenshot from Striscia La Notizia’s site]
“I’m not happy about Milan, I also drew with Carpi,” said the Serb tactician, who also received the Golden Tapir, which is given by Striscia to those who had a bad week, twice in a raw. “The tension that was there wasn’t there with Mihajlovic. I never saw Bacca angry when he went off.

“When I was at Milan I got on well with and loved all my players.” Milan will keep this behind them and Bacca will look to get back to scoring but will have another partner in attack as Balotelli is banned.

Translation credit: Football Italia

Rosso138
Rosso138

Wow.. I didnt except that… Nice gesture from Bacca..

(Remember when Muntari threw away our jersey?? And his actions after that??)

But anyway Bacca should simplify his finishing, why does he always try rabona or outer foot?? He could have at least 5 more goala now if he had shoot normally and not tried to show off..

Pelle80
Pelle80
Reply to  Rosso138

I played active football before i retired, it was difficult for me to use my left leg so i had to do most things with my side foot. Quaresma has thesame problem, dunga had thesame problem. I remain anonym though. 🙂

Mojdanis
Mojdanis
Reply to  Rosso138

It is not show off-ing in Sevila when he was asked about rabona attempts he stated that from early days of football he trusts more rabona with the right than any type of shoot with a left

specialfaze
specialfaze

mahajilovic comments are wrong
he always want to be mr right
that,s he critized inzaghi method when he came on board but have since failed to establish
any playing indentity for milan as a team
i don,t have anything against him but i hate proud

Pelle80
Pelle80

Miha is absolutely wrong here, through his reign as milan coach bacca was only subbed 2 times if am not mistaking.and even when, it was 88min or there about. Miha should have acted well on his speech.

specialfaze
specialfaze

their praising him (miha) that he,s done well for taken us to sixth place
we all forgot that these squad is a serious upgrade to other milan squad which finish 8th and 10th respectively
give seedorf or even inzaghi this kind resources they will do better job
almost 100k! no good playing style he still have a gut

Mojdanis
Mojdanis

This guy makes perfect athlete. Nobody is flawless but it takes a great man to recognize that and say sorry. You are one of the best Bacca and you can be a legend.

Pa ibra
Pa ibra

Mihas time was even worst. I remember Menez refusing to warm up and had to be convinced by the assistant coach like a baby Miha talks hard but he’s soft and hasnt done that well . I think he’s involving to much with Milan when we’r not paying him.All trying to make himself look good

herry
herry
Reply to  Pa ibra

we are still paying him, i believe. He still in the payroll, along with inzaghi and seedorf

naija_milan
naija_milan

Miha says he doesn’t have any bad record wwith his players, sick fellow, ask Luiz adriano of his opinion on Miha, ask poli, mauri, mexes & he got the guts to talk, bacca wasn’t professional about it,i guess he only mustered the apology based on brocchi’s outburst & he feared he may be dropped as if u look at brocchi’s expressions whenever bacca looses chances, you would know he’s already tired of that kind of an individual, he’s so proud & selfish lately, we lost many chances cos he wudnt pass or shoot directly,some players need to be benched to… Read more »

ted
ted

Donnarumma, De Sciglio, Calabria, Romagnoli, Locatelli, Mauri, Jack and Niang. This players should represent the core of Milan in near future combined with seniors like Abiatti, Antonelli, Abate(elderly milanista trio), Kucka, Honda and Bacca guiding them.

Out with Lopez, Zapata, Mexes, Poli, Bertolacci and most importantly Menez, Montolivo and Balotelli, the rotten trio!

angry birds
angry birds

Just saying, miha still doesn’t know what his fault. Played bertolacci instead played other player it’s a big mistake that a professional coach should not do! Im still don’t get it, miha was doing a great job before he played bertollacci. Then after he played our midfield like a shit. I know it’s hard to keep winning team, Monty kucka Honda bona at the best performance. But try to get risk on other player like locatelli mauri even poli it’s better option than play bertolaci. at the beginning season, I already know that bertolacci would be our terrible player after… Read more »

RKaY
RKaY

Bonaventura possibly out for the rest of the season (I’ll be awaiting sheva’s sarcastic comment). Only good news is leaves possible room for more youth in midfield (Mauri and loca). But it will probably still be berto Monty poli starting.I’m assuming Honda will now get his chance at trequartista now too.

It was a good gesture by him to apologize! But if you think about it, he wouldnt have reacted that way if he didnt care. The impression ive gotten from bacca is that he is a very passionate guy, and not afraid to show his feelings, very typical for south americans, although he should keep his feelings in check, its more professional that way. @RKaY, i Also read it about Bona. Lets hope he will be fit for the Coppa final and the Euros. But if he misses the last games, it gives more space for Mauri and Loca as… Read more »

Sheva
Sheva

Poor bacca!

Even messi couldnt make any difference with poli, bonaventura behind him.