Menez: “It was good to score after such a difficult period out, Milan are capable of great things”

@acmilan.com
@acmilan.com

Jeremy Menez could get another start on Sunday afternoon after impressing in the Coppa Italia semi-final.

Menez got his first start since the 29th of April 2015 last night and it was a great evening for the Frenchman who didn’t find things difficult against Alessandria and scored twice in Milan’s 5-0 win to help them reach the Coppa Italia final.

“It was good to score after such a difficult period. I’d been expecting it for a long time. Yesterday we had a good evening,” Menez told the Milan Channel on Wednesday.

Staying off the pitch for such a long time, almost seven months, was really hard. You start thinking about a lot of things and you can’t wait to get back on the field. The whole club, the President, Galliani, the teammates and the staff were close to me, and that was important. I wanted to keep up my results from last year, but unfortunately I had to stop. I was really driven to come back and do well.

“The season finale? The team now has greater confidence, we must keep going this way because we’re capable of great things. Now that we’ve reached the Coppa Italia final we can focus on the championship, that still has many matches to be played. The next few matches are all decisive, we’ll see what happens.

Let’s hope it goes well. The situation in attack? I feel at ease playing with everyone, it’s down to the coach to make decisions. We’re a good team & we must keep going this way. My condition? I feel good, yesterday I expected it to be worse. I’m still not at 100 per cent, but I’ll do better in the space of five or six games.

“The first goal yesterday was very helpful, it made things easier for me.” According to Sky Italia, Menez is favourite to start alongside Carlos Bacca in attack on Sunday against Sassuolo (15:00 CET).

Note: Unfortunately we suffered a data loss last night and all content from after 03/03/2016 is not available. We are sorry for the inconvenience.

Nas
Nas

He deserves a starting position and even though the opposition were far from anything special I thought he did really well and his first goal was a fantastic finish and overall play was very good, he combined well with his teamates and looked to be very much hungry for more which is light years more than can be said for Bolotelli who from what I seen should never again be allowed to put on the Rossoneri colours, never before have I seen a player to look so disinterested and he obviously couldn’t give a toss about Milan, he’s an absolute… Read more »

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Nas

I think he put in some good effort against Alessandria, compared to previous matches. Really hoping he can have a good run of matches now

Nas
Nas
Reply to  Chris

No he didn’t he did nothing the entire game except for the last minutes, how on earth can you say he put in an effort? Even the commentator’s on Sky Sports lambasted him for the complete opposite

johnny
johnny
Reply to  Nas

Don’t abuse Balotelli like that his teammates rarely passed the ball to him

Nas
Nas
Reply to  johnny

Why on earth would they pass him the ball when he couldn’t be bothered to look for it? How many times did the ball go into the box and he was nowhere near it? That’s not what good strikers do they should burst a gut to get on the end of things which is something he never does he just shurgs his shoulders and blames everyone else, Honda, Bonaventura and Menez made things happen up front and worked for one and other looking to find space for which to receive the ball, Ballotelli walked around sulking with his usual puss… Read more »

Happy for menez. Hope he gain his full fitness soon so he can play at high level he’s capable of.
Clearly he’s better finisher and has better footballing awareness than niang, due to his experience.
With him and bacca and playmaking cm behind them milan would be deadly

kaka's fan

ikr that could be baselli and we should buy belotti and jese 4 the future

spartan
spartan

Menez is back man he looks so good out there. Wait till he gets fully fit. Menez and bacca gotta start next match together. Should be exciting

Slyfox
Slyfox

Menez is even a more complete forward than bacca,bacca is just a great finisher who paired with menez would be deadly,provided menez doesn’t get to being,You know menez,the stegen menez!!

OLOBIAN

Comment:I don’t see balloteli as a serious player, this guy doesn’t ready to play football and am not put my interest on him , if he continue like dis he will not achieve anything in times of european big elit competion again , Forza inter put more effort next time .

spartan
spartan

News. Real Madrid is in complete shambles. Ramos and Ronaldo have handed in transfer requests. Madrid are willing to sell up to 10 players. We should really consider going for some considering our good report with galliani and florentino. Isco danilo Pepe lolz even ramos is a possibility. I know which WOUOD be difficult but not impossible. Just saying it would be interesting if galliani can pull off some deals.

Gigio 4 life

Jese Rodriguez and isco/kroos. And some big money for Ramos .130 mil is the most for that 3

spartan
spartan

Isco for 35m is a great deal. Ramos will prob go for 40m which is if u ask me the 2Nd best defender in the world behind Silva. Pepe will be cheap. Casemeiro will not be very expensive. I mean galliani can do some amazing deals here.