Menez returns to training with the squad at Milanello, could return to action later this month

@acmilan.com
@acmilan.com

Jeremy Menez took part in the training sessions this week and is working hard to recover from his back problems.

Menez hasn’t played a competitive match in nearly a full year but could make his return later this month as he finally got back to training with the group for the first time since the summer.

As reported by acmilan.com, Menez took part in both today’s and yesterday’s sessions at training center Milanello.

At the end of the last season, Menez went under the knife but then in the summer had back problems and had to undergo another surgery. La Gazzetta dello Sport expects Menez to return in the 21st matchday but of course there is no certain date for the Frenchman to make his comeback.

Menez could prove to be a very important asset for Sinisa Mihajlovic as he can play as a supporting striker or as a winger in the 4-4-2 formation that is used by the Serb coach.

RKaY
RKaY

Here’s my opinion, what this team has lacked for the past few years is consistency. And you know what helps with consistency? Sticking with a coach longer than 6 months. Berlusconi is turning into zamparini. If you were to go back and watch all of the matches under inzaghi and then watch our matches today. The level of improvement is significant . We have dominated large portions of matches recently but the players cannot finish chances. And that is not down to the coach. He implements his ideas, he orchestrates things such as playing an extremely high line catching Roma… Read more »

moonbyte
moonbyte
Reply to  RKaY

well said.

ACMilanLover
ACMilanLover
Reply to  RKaY

Can someone please pass this response to the Curva Sud and ask them to pass it to the President who is acting like a stupid fellow?

Veer khase
Veer khase
Reply to  RKaY

@RKay obviously,that is true.Berlusconi always puts blame on coaches to hide his mistakes. In the last 4yrs milan declined from scudetto winners to a mid table team. On analysing the milan situation, the first thought that come in the mind of every milan fan is that galliani has caused all this mess. But just think for a moment, do we purchased a major player costing in the range of even 10m € in last three years(except balo). We easily blame it on galliani but do you think that it is possible to purchase quality players while you don’t want to… Read more »

Forza Milan
Forza Milan
Reply to  Veer khase

@Veer Khase Galliani is dumb… Do you remember how we passed the opportunity to buy Tevez and at the same time bought Matri from Juventus for 12M Euros? Of all the players Matri? and we still pay part of Matri’s salary where as we sold Saponara to Empoli… Galliani is the main culprit in every purchase done the last 2-3 years…. If the amount of money last 3-4 years is given to Dortmund they would buy 15-20 youngsters who would play beautiful football…. Even Atletico Madrid is built well…. where as we are still a mid-table team struggling to beat… Read more »

Shams
Shams
Reply to  Forza Milan

Sorry, you have completely forgotten the fact that man city demanded the whole payment upfront, which berlusconi declined. Problem was NOT galliani but rather the money. The ignorant view of Milan fans really hurt me. At that time, few website published why Milan bought matri. The core reason was money. Matri was the only player available with finance option

Veer khase
Veer khase
Reply to  Veer khase

@Forza Milan I get your point bro. But just think carefully. Berlusconi is acting like a dictator. He has spent just 63m £ this window & call it “rebuilding” the squad.On the other hand Man city spent 49m £ on sterling& 54m £ on de bruyne(a total of 103m £!!!) & they call it “improving” the squad.If you understand the difference b/w “rebuilding” & “improving” then you might know what is problem of our club. Berlusconi has invested this summer, but not that much which can reap instant results. And btw i would also like to discuss galliani. Yes we… Read more »

Gman
Reply to  Veer khase

”We got Kucka, i’m satisfied”. Haha, Kucka is one of the most limited players we have. He is so limited that he even gives me glimpse of hope becoming a professional football player one day, even though that ship has left. Nobody wanted him, not even Genoa. You will se how hard it will be to get rid of him after a while. He is 28 yrs old with no room for improvement, i rather have one good solid midfielder than him, Poli, and Nocerino. Sell them all, It’s much better to have young players on a similar level with… Read more »

Manga la Figa
Reply to  RKaY

Nicely said.
Whatever happened to the sale of the club I wonder. The stadium too?!?!
I think Berlu is talking crap about Miha to deflect attention from his shady biz deals. he has no intention of firing Miha. If he does he’ll have 3 ex-coaches on the payroll. And as we saw with Seedorf, the next guy couldn’t necessarily do a better job.

Pelle80
Pelle80
Reply to  RKaY

Applause! Whoever gave the thumb down is a judas!

hydar
hydar

Excellent write up there. Barnabas, Uslar. Sola. Kabiru or whoever is incharge. Pls re-add me to the milan…arena whatsapp group. 07038851933. Its hydar.

Mojdanis
Mojdanis

Here is what i think Milan should do in this transfer market: 1.If there is good bid- sell Bacca. Yes i know you will ba on me and my comment but i honestly think that a)strikers are least of worries in Milan and we have a lot of them who can step in. b)what is the use of having Bacca who is beast in attack when no-one can supply him c)transfer of Bacca can bring us 30-35 mil and for that kind of money we can bring playmaker who we desperately need 2.Buy playmaker. When you play 4-2-3-1 or 4-3-3… Read more »

hope
hope
Reply to  Mojdanis

I agree, on bacca sale if only there comes a decent bid. As i read around chelsea offering €40m and i still think we need to keep it. Besides all players you mentioned above who would push team forward and play balls to the strikers, all of them are carrying a higher pricetag than just 40m. Of as so you said some of them are going to retirement soon. If someone offers more than 40m for bacca then ok.

I always supported buying Verratti, but he isnt coming not even for 70m imo.

G one
G one

Comment:True talk my fellow milan @ rkay

caesar
caesar

Bacca might leave Milan dis january.. man utd and Chelsea ar already on his trail. We can’t even keep the ones we have

Phildadon1899
Phildadon1899
Reply to  caesar

Then we will hear that we needed to balance the books.

sergio123
Reply to  Phildadon1899

Why when zapata was link with man u last week you didnt believe that…but you believe this?

nattimalta
nattimalta

some creativity and leadership !

FdL
FdL

@Mojdanis.. I understand what you tyring to reach with a Bacca-sale and i wouldn’t be surprised if Milan did it. But would we get something out of it. Worst scenario: Milan get their money back of the sale, same sum as they bought him for, or if we’re lucky 5mill euro profit. Then the question is, which playmaker in this market will we get for 5mill or if Berlu is generous adding, let say 10mill (15 total)? why i am i thinking at those figuers? is because of the well know “balancing the book..”-phrases. Call me naive, but the only… Read more »

Mojdanis
Mojdanis
Reply to  FdL

Well figures are spot on. But you did read last sentence in my comment,right? Point of all that talk was: If we would use that money from selling Bacca and invest that + more of it for some world-class playmaker,then go for it. But i am aware that chances of that happening are really low.

will
will

Bacca Adriano
Menez
Bona berto boateng

Peters
Peters

Pls add me to that milan group on whatsapp 08022767793

CHarm
CHarm

We cannot say we’re building a team yet we’re selling the Best Players we have. It’s a dumb imagination imo. Bacca is one of the best in his generation and we can only keep building the team around Him-Jack-Romagnoli and Donna. If u’re clamoring for the sale of Bacca so as to reinvest the money in another top class player (playmaker) then u need to wake up. Or have u forgotten so soon?…how milan sold Thiago Silva and Zlatan yet bought crap as their replacements? (Matri, Acerbi, Birsa etc). Fact is, if we want to build our team, we must… Read more »

kaka
kaka

what we need to play is 4-2-3-1 that is our best information for now with the current players we have ……. Ac Milan please make me proud Again.

For Example: Napoli

Rafa Benitez is using it and he is progressing 4-2-3-1 formation with Napoli Working very nice for the Team (2014/15 Season)

C
C

Menez? the guy helped us alot last year but i am not that fond of him and its problaby too late for him to hit his best form this season but we should play him and raise his value so we can sell him in the summer and get a player we really need

Conor
Conor

The problem with selling Bacca is that we’re probably not going to make a profit on him, so what’s the point? And Bacca, at the minute is our biggest drawing point for other players of his calibre. He’s near world class, if we sell him what message does that send to the type of playmakers we want to attract?

I-Milan
I-Milan

To me, the biggest problem Milan has is not the president, but rather Uncle Fester. I think Galliani’s fist is clenched tight in Berlusconi’s balls. He’s got some dirt on the president. Consider Galliani’s behaviour when Barbara wanted to oust him. If Galliani truly loves Milan, he would not react the way he did. It was cheap blackmail. Galliani got Seedorf sacked. He got Tassotti and those rebellious players to start their nonsense and Berlusconi fell for it that Seedorf had lost the dressing room. Galliani brought Pippo (very unfortunate that Pippo allowed himself to be used as such, blinded… Read more »

C
C
Reply to  I-Milan

I Think Donadoni would be a good coach for us but its too bad Ancelotti has already accepted the offer from Bayern he was my first choice

Veer khase
Veer khase
Reply to  I-Milan

@I-Milan The bigger problem is berlu rather than galliani(though both are creating mess). We sold ibra & silva on the wish of berlusconi. There sale benefitted them nearly 80m € & money minded berlu opted to take the offer. What would have galliani got by selling them. Secondly berlu was responsible for sacking seedorf. Seedorf demanded significant investment to improve the squad but our president was not so generous to grant his wishes. Instead of addressing the issue he decided to sack seedorf by blaming him for incompetency.If milan have to succeed, then berlu need to widen his patience as… Read more »

I-Milan
I-Milan
Reply to  Veer khase

Galliani was behind Seedorf’s sacking. I know Berlusconi has his issues, but the real problem is Uncle Fester. When Allegri got dumped, Galliani had plans to bring in Pippo, but Berlusconi preferred Seedorf. Immediately Seedorf talked about the wanting to clear out first the back room to have his own assistants, Tassotti was the first to whine, saying he was going to leave Milan – exactly the same way Galliani whined, only that Galliani had a bargaining chip – his severance package. Then when Seedorf told the Curva Sud about 3 quarters of the players not being good enough, they… Read more »

veer khase
veer khase
Reply to  I-Milan

There lies the problem in your judgement bro. “Do you think he spent it well?” Really? Maybe we have done transfer blunders in past but galliani did a good job this year. We spent 30m € on BACCA , 25 m € on Romagnoli,20m € on bertolacci,3m € on kucka, 8m € on luiz adriano.Though we paid 5m € on berto but all of them are performing well in my view. Do you think there was a better way to spend that money? Just ask yourself.

Gman
Reply to  veer khase

We overspent on the Roma guys, that is pretty obvious. Those players weren’t even needed at Roma. If Bertolacci and Romagnoli are worth 20m&30m, imagine what Roma demands for more important similar players like Florenzi&Nainggolan?. Roma are some cheap bastards who sell overprice players like Lamela 40m, Marquinhos 35m Osvaldo 25m. We should take notes.

Tev
Tev
Reply to  I-Milan

Excellent assessment bro!!

SlyFox
SlyFox

add me to the groups please 09056539717

bonavenbacca

Comment:Please add me on wats 0577585101

Study
Study

i think the old scammers are both grandpas if not great grandpas now???? Please, i have never done this before but i need to know when Berlusconi & Galliani will be iced, so Milan can take a different route from B&G era (They really gave us Joy for those many years, but every single match minute is now more painful and heart-wrecking than i can manage). their time is over,

kindly add me to the whatsapp group +2348062479792…..

Milanellofm
Milanellofm

I would just like to know why are we almost half way through the transfer market and we haven’t sold players like nocerino, zapata etc. Why because Ely is injured we have to keep a hold of both all our cb’s now and why are we selling Luiz Adriano? But most importantly of all why haven’t we even had contact and concrete offers for a midfielder and a cb yet? Cause that’s what is going to change this team around.

toluwani opeyemi

please add me too…………+2348168097838

skemish
skemish

i wanna join the milan family on whatsapp…..+233244218301

kaka
kaka

I am ashamed of My Club we won Carpi and we are using it to strong our mind that we are good enough… This goes to Miha Miha Miha, how many times did i called your name? you have to use our best players to start any of our matches that Ac Milan wants to play because we need wining. Example look at the formation 4-4-2. Bacca and Niang.. Niang don’t need to start any of our matches but you always use him.I think Niang is giving you something that make you to play him always. Niang out Balotelli in.… Read more »

Moscow

@Moscow I will like gaillani to drop is place or I thing he will have to change and then not to keep some of the money that was to us to buy player and we need some big player too and I will like milan to clear the sale of nocereno cos I see nothing in him we have to sale him as we do for emmanualson I will like you to place add me to milan Grop in the whatsapp hear my number(+2349097628286) I love milan Froza Milan