Seedorf: “Proud of what we’ve done, it’s been a tough road”

CLARENCE SEEDORF could leave in the next days but insists that he’s happy with what Milan have achieved with him.

Milan hired Seedorf after sacking Massimiliano Allegri in January and gave him the objective of finishing in a Europa League spot. They came really close but missed out on sixth place due to Parma’s win against Livorno on the final week.

The season is now over and despite the positive results, Seedorf is likely to get the sack. A decision regarding his position will be taken this month and Dorf has complimented his players for giving their best under him in this difficult year.

Honda: “You haven’t seen the real me yet”
Game recap: Milan 2-1 Sassuolo

“Missing out on the Europa League? From the start that wasn’t the objective we had in mind. The lads did really well to emerge from a very difficult situation, as the number of points we earned in the second half of the season was dignified,” Seedorf told Sky Sport Italia after Milan defeated Sassuolo 2-1 at Stadio San Siro despite finishing the match with 9 men.

“My future? I have no intention of talking to the club via the media. I’ve said that for months and changes nothing in that regard. Now I will finish all the interviews, then go to eat some nice sushi, relax tomorrow, play some tennis and then we’ll try to prepare what we need to prepare with the club. I never felt that as a player I was finished, as I always wanted to improve, learn from other players and work on my own weaknesses. I think it’s the same for a Coach. I am a very curious person.

“I like challenges and I don’t think the learning process will ever end. It was a new experience being on the other side of the locker room, but we managed to form a cohesive group and that was very positive. Dressing room problems?  I’ve never played in a team where every player was happy, but that doesn’t mean the squad isn’t cohesive. I remember at Real Madrid there were at least five who were unhappy, but if the rest are united then they will come back into the group,” he added.

Clarence Seedorf celebrating against Sassuolo (@acmilan.com)

Seedorf also spoke to the Milan Channel: “We’re proud of what the players have done in a difficult situation and with the constant pressure of always having to get the result. I’m proud of what the staff have done as well. It’s thanks to everyone’s work that the team were able to play the best that they could.  The fact that we got this close is an important thing.

“We were only a point away from qualification and that’s football. At Bergamo we weren’t able to get the second goal and then they scored at the death. It’s been a tough road that we’ve traveled. We tried to make up the points to catch the 4/5 teams ahead of us. All credit to the players for having given all they had. Nigel De Jong? He is a great player but also a great man, he’s been a real pillar of strength and he deserves the applause he gets. I hope he’ll have a good World Cup.

“It’s easy to trust a player like Nigel. His head and his heart are always there. It’s important that we’re proud of what we’ve done in the second half of the season and that gives us hope for the future,” said Seedorf, who played 10 years at Milan.

Sheva7
Sheva7

I really liked seedorf and his energi to the team, but just for not letting mastour make his debut i want him axed just for that reason, he explaination makes me want to hit somebody in the nuts! “the game asked for different things” is seedorf retarded?? He swaped constant for zaccardo!! The game needed zaccardo?? The game needed a defender swaped with another defender?? Just for his action and his explaination i want him axed.

Vaidinho
Vaidinho
Reply to  Sheva7

First of all, calm your tits. Second of all, go back playing fifa and do your promoting and managing there.

Milan Forever
Milan Forever
Reply to  Sheva7

I can’t believe I would hear someone wanting a manager to be sacked just because he didn’t give a 15 years old his debut.
Zaccardo for Constant swap was probably the reason we are winning that game with 10 then 9 men. A less aggressive and fresh Zaccardo who can play both in the center and in the side.

sherbini
sherbini

I respect seedorf, but I don’t like his choices of players. I think we need a better coach.

Pa ibra
Pa ibra
Reply to  sherbini

when a coach is winning and doing so with good/decent football then his choices of players dont matter that much. If something, the wins are proving that his choices are right. personally i would’ve selected different line ups to almost all the games milan have ever played, but its true that a coach cannot satisfy every fan and player with his choices just like seedorf himself has said.

there is chance that “a better coach” will as well ignore your favourite players and you’ll complain again.

Milan fan
Milan fan

OK,now GET OUT.

Hondanori
Hondanori

I can’t agree less, I think We need to go back to d drawing board, we needed a season off Europe completely in order to tell ourselves d truth. I mean Liverpool for an example. We didn’t bother to build a solid squad because we were carried away due to the “fluke” and that penalty and we went to d UCL at d expense of Fiorentina last season. Now no UCL, no EL. Its a bitter pill to swallow, but its the best for d future of our club, afterall that stup*d Galliani will not open his big mouth to… Read more »

Stanbenedict-nigeria

Just get rid of this s***** players before we screw ourselves more than we’ve done already. Mighty milan champions league contenders couldn’t qualify for EL. Trust me, we aint out of this deep shit in 5 years

Pa ibra
Pa ibra

he might be leaving but he’ll certainly not be remembered for the bads. he deserve much better. good job seedorf and forza milan!

holla
holla

funny but might be true cos it only really just occurred to me that maybe the berlusconis are trynna put milan in this situation and then spend to bring it back where it rightfully belong so that the global fans of the mighty milan will praise them and want them in charge for another century……………….who knows??????????

I hope he’ll stay. He has managed to really improve the team, given them an identity and with more time once he gets to know the players even better we will only improve with him at the helm. Hopefully Spalletti will be too expensive, and Donadoni and Montella will stay at their respective jobs.
In Clarence we trust (even if he for some reason lets Abate remain on the bench, I fear we might lose him to PSG…) anyways, fingers crossed for the best.
Forza Clarence!

Cyborg
Cyborg

Great job, Seedorf. You have really managed to pull us out of terrible situation, I hope berlusconi makes the right decision and keeps you. Last year getting into europe was the most terrible result that could’ve ever happened to us because it blinded berlusconi from reality. WE CERTAINLY DID NOT DESERVE TO COMPETE IN EUROPE!!!! We got there by mario’s dives, and stephan single handedly dragging us forward. This season stephan got injured and when he got the chance to play he was “helping in defence” effectively playing as a defender. Mario got exposed in that game against ajax and… Read more »

Jolly
Jolly

In seedorf we trust! Our biggest problem is Galiani please retire mr. CEO

kaka4lyf
kaka4lyf

#iamwithseedorf but u, sir, deserve to be in a club wich showers you with respect. So goodluck to you..:(

disguised_fellow
disguised_fellow

Why are we shouting so much about Seedorf and the team? Look at the stats of the team since he joined. Milan paid the price of bad management and internal issues that has nothing to do with Seedorf. Before the season started, I wanted Milan out of CL this year. And even better they are out of EL. Why? Because you need to hit the rock bottom to realize how low you have become and how much you have to improve. That being said, I do believe we have a good team, but maybe not the best. We are nowhere… Read more »