Montolivo: “PSV game is crucial, we have to turn the page”

RICCARDO MONTOLIVO thinks every player has to take a look at himself and looks forward to the PSV game.

Milan haven’t won a game in the 2013/2014 season, as they managed a draw away against PSV Eindhoven in the first leg of the Champions League qualification stage and then lost to newly-promoted side Hellas Verona on Week 1 of Serie A.

The Rossoneri were absolutely disastrous against Verona and did not ‘deserve more’ this time and even Massimiliano Allegri has admitted that Milan were poor. Captain Riccardo Montolivo also thinks Milan have to do a lot better.

Video: Milan and Verona fans brawl post match
Allegri: “I’m angry! We played bad football against Verona”

“Clearly we stopped playing after the first goal, everyone has to take a look at themselves, we got exposed to their counter-attacks. Each of us must look at ourselves and give something more to win games, fortunately we have an important match and we will look to make up for everything,” said Montolivo, who has been rated 5/10 by today’s La Gazzetta dello Sport.

“We cannot make a repeat of how we started last season, luckily we have this crucial match on Wednesday. We know it is a crossroads for our season, we have to turn the page and focus on this match. I can give more but I’m sure we can come out of this together from now on. I am always available to the coach, I play where I know that I can give more. Pazzini? He is an important player for us, he was essential last year. Petagna did well when he came on, we cannot blame him for anything.”

“I was ready on the bench to help the team, I am training well, I feel good, I was excited and I made some mistakes, I was hoping to do better, it would’ve been a great thing to score straightaway,” said Andrea Petagna (rated 5.5), who replaced El Shaarawy (Stephan got the lowest rating – 4). “I tried to help the team in the high balls, hopefully we will do better next time. We must all be ready for Wednesday because we will play a very important match for the season and we have to do well.”

According to Mediaset, Milan will try to sign Davide Astori if they make it to the group stage. It seems that all of Milan’s transfer targets depend on the qualification to the next stage of the Champions League. Milan have to pick themselves up.

Ratings (screenshot from La Gazzetta dello Sport)
#1fifaplayer
#1fifaplayer

After our 2 games it’s been made very clear to me that sakho is a must… Our biggest issue is aerial threats and sakhois very good at that.. HHe’s tall very strong and fast… He may not be the best but at 23 years of age there’s a whole lot of time to improve, thiago Silva didn’t come into the mix until he was 26 so sakho can become a great at milan.. From what I saw in our games it is a cb we need as mexes has looked out of shape and he certainly can’t play a full… Read more »

#1fifaplayer
#1fifaplayer

We can ditch the 4 3 3 and finally use the 4 3 1 2 that gets the best out of all our players Abbiati Abate zapata sakho de sciglio(constant) Poli de Jong Montolivo Honda Balotelli El shaarawy We would finally get the best out of both El shaarawy and Balotelli and Honda would finally be the missing piece that connects play from midfield to our forwards.. He can either set the forwards up or score himself… A zapata and sakho partner would atleast both consist of pace and strength.. Simply those 2 players can change the tactics of this… Read more »

Chudy
Chudy

You will know a good tactician by his game plan and substitutions. I guess Allegri’s game plan and substitution over the past 4 seasons have given proved to all of that he is an excellent tactician.

Only a bad workman blame his tools for his ineptitude.

We didn’t read the game well…this is sequel to we were centimeters away from qualifying.

Maybe my grandmother should be reading the game for Allegri. If you couldn’t read a 90 minute game properly. Then i wonder what we have been paying you for.

rossonero123

milan must buy ljajic now and sakho , honda for free in january

Some Guy
Some Guy
Reply to  rossonero123

Ljajic came next summer for free, agreed with Fiorentina. This window, we need to focus on Astori and Sakho.

Aliyu
Aliyu

The problem of Milan is crystal Allegri. Please look at man utd? they don’t have world class players. their only good players are RVP and rooney. the Rest are just mediocre .But they really play with passion. from gk to cf. But that of Milan is different. bcuz even if we spend money on top players, Allegri still won’t know how to motivate the players. So the best solutions for Milan is to offload Allegri. Simple.

joeboy
joeboy

it’s necessary we get a good CB because we can’t depend only on zapata ad mexes, i don’t know who is better between astori,sakho? G&B should get one of them to strengthen the defense ad also Honda and ljajic at the attack.

jibola
jibola

Allegri wants Astori while Galiani prefers Sakho. One of them will almost certainly come but it depends on those 2 men, maybe Allegri will bow to Galiani’s interest and vice visa.

phillmicester
Reply to  jibola

get both an now both mexes an zapata will warm the bench

Reply to  jibola

The good news is that one of them will probably arrive, the question remains, who will be the best choice for Milan? Which one of them will help improve the quality of our squad? I hope that whoever joins will be the right choice, and be an improvement to our defence.

phillmicester

milan need Willy Caballero in abiatti needs a break or sum will set things strait in our back lines

phillmicester

heres what milan should do get honda now bring both sakho an astori put mexes an zapata on bench play the 4-3-1-2 and we will be good

Ted
Ted

Why u keep sayin both Sakho and Astori should come this is financial utopia for Milan! Besides they’r both left footed… And i would choose Sakho or Martins Indi over Astori anyday but Allegri? We all now This management lost it, didn’t do anything in this mercato and Ljajić certainly won’t change anything. Birsa? Kucka? Granqvist? Astori? Matri? Oh my god how low we’ve fallen. Half of this team is garbage and they’r bringing in more! Everything is wrong, the management, the coach, from formation (please forget 4312), to players, their mentality… I was supporting Allegri but now i’m slowly… Read more »

phillmicester

ite i change my mouth now sakho and bonucci

Cyborg
Cyborg

@ted, bro, the ONLY solution is for Allegri to leave Milan. Only then will you and everyone blaming “poor squad” see that this is actually one of the best in serie A if not the best. Conte took a over a group of mid table finishers and turned them into serie A champs. The players we have now are way better than those that conte took over. These players are way better than those that montella took over when he started at Fiorentina. We need a champion to guide these potential champions into champions. Allegri is not a champion, Berlusconi… Read more »

nick
nick
Reply to  Cyborg

I agree!

peterpan
peterpan

I think that two goals were constant’s mistakes.

pazzo_my_love
pazzo_my_love

Fiorentina’s president: “If I’ll never sell Ljajic to Milan? I never say never, but the player will leave the club in the next few days.” Expand AC Milan News ‏@Milanello 1h Roma will contact PSG tomorrow to inquire about the price for Sakho. Milan are also being linked with the defender. Expand AC Milan News ‏@Milanello 1h Milan will try to sign Matri if they qualify for the CL. An eventual arrival of Matri doesn’t exclude the arrival of Ljajic. [Sky] Expand AC Milan News ‏@Milanello 1h Galliani and Allegri have agreed on signing another striker: Matri – mainly due… Read more »

sms1158
sms1158

alas!!!! this blog is having only a complain box with mod technic…but no comment box

Moe Cj Hachem

we need players now wow

chrisrossoneri
chrisrossoneri

I hope we qualify tomorrow so we can sign some players. I dont want to see allegri mediocre playrs coming like matri,astori when we all hoped this summer to sign sakho,ljajic eriksen,honda

Sidi
Sidi

Let’s kick PSV in wednesday

G19
G19

Matri is the gift for the fans… If we qualify for the CL

12 mill for a useless 29 year Juve reject… Calling Galliani transfer guru, is the biggest joke of year…

I rather have cancer than Matri..

phillmicester
Reply to  G19

well said g19 i rather we spend that 12 mil on bonnuci right now we need no juv reject mids we should try and land Willy Caballero while we are at it

Sidi
Sidi

we will get Matri for 10mil.
why not give the same price to Fiorentina to get Ljajic, hufh..

Juninho
Juninho

According to Tuttosport, if Milan does not pass through the PSV Berlusconi will replace Allegri with Devis Mangia, the Sacchi protégé.

chrisrossoneri
chrisrossoneri

Go away allegri with your beloved players. Take muntari antonini zaccardo conatant and matri and go to cagliari u r not suitable for milan

RedNBlack
RedNBlack

Personally I think Galliani will go all out after the game tomorrow. I think everyone now see that we are becoming less competitive day by day as our main league and CL rivals are getting stronger with new signings.

But my main problem is, let’s just put this case, if we don’t qualify what happens then? I think Allegri will be fired on Thursday.

la don
la don

Milan to bring Matri as an euro gift??? I think its time we kick seria a good bye. This club is a joke and a fat one and I know for sure that its Allegri that is pressing for Matri. We are no better than Catania. Always looking for rejects to bring to Milan. Have we become a rehabilitation home?

Nino Divino
Nino Divino

…interesting, Milan has several players in its squad who play for their respective national teams. Players like: Balotelli, El-Sharaawy, Montolivo, Mexes, Zapata, Abata, De Sciglio, Muntari, Boateng, De Jong, etc. Others like Poli, Emmanuelson, etc are fringe players in their national team. Robinho is a FIFA World Cup veteran alongside Zaccardo – who is actually a WC winner. Yet people keep saying the team is average… Isn’t it crystal clear that it does not matter who arrives – I do want some players to arrive. But the problem is Allegri. Even if you sign Messi, C. Ronaldo and the best… Read more »

Juninho
Juninho

Ljacic is going to AS ROMA.

phillmicester

here my dream line up 4milan
——–Willy Caballero——–
abate——sakho—–bonucci——de scgolio
——–poli——de joung——montilivo
—————-robhino/honda/sapon———-
—————bal45———el92————
4-3-1-2 being used with intellect

Alessandro
Alessandro
Reply to  phillmicester

Who is willy caballero? Sounds like some salsa music performer.

udochukwu
udochukwu

May d gods of football slap ur mouth dia! U need to b stripped of d armband. When ur mates were running u were jogging on d field. Rubbish! Woman, where is my food?

RKaY
RKaY

@alessandro willy caballero is the Malaga goalkeeper. I myself have only watched him a few times and he kinda impressed me. Not sure his age though. And about matri, I think that is a distraction for another target

phillmicester
Reply to  RKaY

@rkay he is 31 years old an his fee is 4.5 mil i saw the whole baca frontline ambush him and he was very solid no goal pedro messi inesta ha plz he is badass gk

Jibola
Jibola

The moderator yet today has deleted my post twice. I can only laugh when someone does such without reasons LOL. Anyway, i love you guys.

FORZA MILAN