Video: Champions League classics – Milan 4-0 Barcelona

THE CHAMPIONS LEAGUE final of 1994 will forever be remembered by the fans of the Rossoneri as they won their fifth cup with a huge win over Johan Cruyff’s Barcelona side. Milan boss Fabio Capello called it perfection: Daniele Massaro scored twice to the net of Andoni Zubizarreta, before Dejan Savićević made it three to none in Athens with a beautiful lob to the back of the goal and Marcel Desailly sealed it. Watch this classic ahead of tomorrow’s game against Barcelona, when Milan are again underdogs.

kelvin
kelvin

I’m trying my hardest to be optimistic about this match but its just not happening…the image of our defensive flaws we’ve been having are just too much to ignore

milanista93
milanista93
Reply to  kelvin

dude same here….i tried to think positive about this game but that’s not happening…

nana fynn
nana fynn

Dat was den,lets do it now!

bobsaget
bobsaget

Back when we had Capello as Coach and Desailly as a boss in defense, now we have Bonera…and Allegri….

Tochi
Tochi

If I say I’m not scared about this game… I’m lying… I hope we dont get trashed…!
Forza Milan. 🙂

Max
Max

Abbiati-Abate-Zapata-Mexes-Constant;KPB-Montolivo-Muntari;Niang-Pazzini-SES, that should be our formation if we are to stand a chance.

john

Just finish watching Arsenal match against bayern, really don’t kno wat formation we shuld use 2moro but I noticed d lack of a striker in d ist half really didn’t help arsenal so my sugestion is even if we wil want 2 defend we stil nid a striker and I gues pazini is d only one we got at d moment so He has 2 start. D rest line up is up 2 d coach. If we win 2moro………let me leav it til den

jack sparo

so help me God..so help milan God…

arya
arya

we gotta park the bus, we don’t stand a chance on keep possesion against them and hitting them on the counter will maybe only happen 5 or 6 times so we have to defend and play like we did against juventus when we one 1-0
abbiati, abate, zapata, mexes, constant, boateng, montolivo, muntari, niang, pazzini/bojan, el shaarawy
the only lineup that can get us a win but i would have like to have flamini in midfield and boateng on the right wing

milanista93
milanista93

I HOPE MILAN WIN AGAINST BARCA SO IT CAN SUM UP A HAPPY DAY FOR ME..PLAYSTATION 4 ANOUNCEMENT + MILAN WIN AGAINST BARCA WOULD BE AWESOME…

silami

forza milan, history will remember him self. Milan all the way!

R kenny

av faith in ur team anytin can happen forza milan.

N3R0

No. Milan should not park the bus. We will not play ugly football just to have a shot at winning the game. Chelsea can do it because they have no history. They are nothing. Milan have no option. We have to play as we normally play and hope for the best. I will be sad if Milan win playing ugly football. I know it’s the result that counts but it’s Milan. Come on guys! Don’t worry! We will play well 🙂

dejan10
dejan10

We can beat Barca but not only do we have to beat them we have to beat their ridiculous “luck.” Shevchenko goal… Nesta “infringement” in the box… Xavi dive for a penalty… etc etc. And that’s just us. Arsenal, Chelsea and Real have their own stories to tell.

dejan10
dejan10

We were the “underdogs” in that match with players like Albertini, Massaro and Savicevic. Hmm… This time around though we’re real underdogs. It’s not impossible, but the most of my pessimism is due to the way we’re playing — inconsistent and relying on luck and Balotelli who’s not even playing.

JaRossoneri
JaRossoneri

Have faith. We must out work Barca. We must maintain our composure as they are sure to cheat if the game is close. We must play as a team no matter who is on the pitch. We must finish our opportunities. And our brothers and sisters at the San Siro must keep the squad energized.
Win, lose, or draw, I am confident whoever is on the pitch will give 110%.
Forza Milan!!!!!!
And
efff Farca !

JaRossoneri
JaRossoneri
Reply to  JaRossoneri

And yes, I know the training footage was not Barca, but everything else was.

acbaba
acbaba

@nero pls behav urself.u want milan 2 play normally against barca(a team whic u support).so as 2 get thrashed nd u wil be happy.barca fan.nonsense.i wish kuchini wer here 2 tlk sense in2 ur head.cos don’t hav ur tym.

sulexdinho olawale pato

Hahahahahhaha lolllls na wah ooo….anyway forza milan till eternity

Olalekan Mojeed
Olalekan Mojeed

Milan go for wining.

Kuchini
Kuchini

I don’t get why even wit d midfield b4 us, pple still suggest we take d game to them.

Wat we need 2 do is pack d center of d pitch.
Limiting wat they can do instead of matchin wat they can do.
Even this, is a tough task considerin d players available.
But its d only way.

D strikers need to b clinical weneva we get our chances.
But a 0-0 draw wud b ok 4 me.

Kuchini
Kuchini

I wud like Niang to b part of d trident, along with Pazzini n El or Bojan.
We need Niangs strength upfront n he shud cause Alba sum problems.

Boateng shud play in d midfield with Ambro n Monty.

Dis no doubt is d worst time 2 play barca.
Lets just get it ova wit n face more important matters(Seria A).

Kuchini
Kuchini

@Nero, please!
If u re interested in watching a Mauling, worst than wat Arsenal got yesterday, i am not.

This is no time 4 foolish ego’s.
We don’t even have d players 4 dat.

Play it safe n when its over, we prepare to Maul d Merda.

Olalekan Mojeed
Olalekan Mojeed

Allegri Niang need some rest he is tired he wont be able to start the match but Niang reply in twitter an nt injured nor tired

Olalekan Mojeed
Olalekan Mojeed

Allegri Niang need some rest he is tired he wont be able to start the match but Niang reply in twitter am nt injured nor tired

Coachylaplato
Coachylaplato

Ever since i av bn a milanelo,milan always play there best game against big teams even at a poor form,rmadrid,bayern,nd juventus dis season

john

Kuchini and Acaba are right, we don’t need 2 take d game 2 dem, all we need 2 do is play safe and counter wen d oportunity comes. I just pray we get a gud result 2day. Am havin dis feelin dat pazzini wil make us proud 2day, 2day is goin 2 b gud by d Grace of GOD.

acbaba
acbaba

Dats ryt.lets park d bus.gosh!even our def is weak.christ help us.dis is d worst tym 2 play dem.no flamini no nocerino

Pa ibra
Pa ibra

i will not advice allegri to start with pazzini. because you rarely get the ball in the barca half and pazzini could be useless waiting in that box all night. i say play someone with technique and pace who can run at their defenders on his own… just like pato did at camp nou #24sec. i would like the idea of playing niang as CF against those slow defenders. but allegri controversially said niang is not fit enought to start. dont know whether he’s trying to make it look like that so he can fill boateng in attack because the… Read more »

crespo 2\7(trinidad)
crespo 2\7(trinidad)

what we need to do is go out there with the right mind set , play positive , play confident and enjoy the game most of all . Once our unit goes out possessing these qualities nothing is impossible . keep it compact at all times attack together defend together . FORZA MILAN we will triumph . 2-1 MILAN

Olalekan Mojeed
Olalekan Mojeed

Here is how milan going to play with 4-3-3 formatn <<Abiatti;<<>>>> Abate>Mexes>Zapata>Constant>Muntari>Motolivo>Ambrosini>>Boateng>Pazini>Sharawwy.

Forza Milan
Forza Milan

AC Milan 2 – 0 Barcelona

N3R0
Reply to  Forza Milan

I thought you were crazy at first but not anymore. Great job!

FORZA MILAN!

Forza Milan
Forza Milan
Reply to  N3R0

I knew what I was saying because I believe in God. Matthew 17:20

Habeeb

Sumtyms i hate sum milan fans wen dey talk y wil u guys say we shld dfence 4 barca who d hell r dey we r milan f.c.b hv der own style we a.c.m hv our own xo let us both play our partern criosly am afried bt i belif in my team datz AC.MILAN ~ forza rossoneri

rossonero22
rossonero22

Hopefully, yes, we dream a victory!

N3R0

Everyone give your predictions!

Barcelona 1 – 0 AC Milan

Ladon
Ladon

For me am indifferent about this game. Expecting this new Milan team to get a result against a Barcelona team that has won everything and is full of match winners is expecting too much. If we get a result, fine. If we don’t, we move on. The whole world knows that the current Milan team is a team for the future and we are the underdogs in this encounter. So you guys should not expect too much from this match. May be next season we can challenge them but not now.

Ali
Ali
Reply to  Ladon

What I expect from us, is a performance worthy of Milan. Regardless of the end result.

Kuchini
Kuchini

I’m with u Ladon.

They called this “Year Zero”.
And that is what it is.
Win or lose.

This is d season this new Milan gets to know each other.
I expect next season to be much better in terms of performance n points gotten.

kelvin
kelvin

Agreed….obviously a defeat would dent me a bit but I am not expecting much, so I leave a huge room for disappointment…but the Derby is a different story

Ender
Ender

Agreed. I would like Niang to play since he has stamina, but I also understand that he’s young and lacks the experience. If you run aimlessly in this game, you can get tired in 20 min. Furthermore we need to capitalise our chances and both Niang’s crossing and finishing need to be improved. Plus it seems like he can still get rattled quite quickly. For those that say go to attack, I need to remind you that this game is only the first half. I am more comfortable in trying to get a win in Barcelona with a full team… Read more »

nana fynn
nana fynn

Not expecting much though but we have to hold them and break dem with the counter.

nana fynn