Highlights: Chelsea 0-1 Milan

MILAN STARTED their 2012 USA Tour with a victory against current European champions Chelsea at the Sun Life Stadium in Miami, Florida. The Blues and the Rossoneri both missed very few players and the coaches had almost full squads at their disposal. Roberto Di Matteo’s boys started the game better but Massimiliano Allegri’s Milan held on well and later enjoyed possession and were more dangerous until half time, though both teams struggled to create many goalscoring chances. With Eden Hazard moving to the middle, Chelsea were a big threat in the second half but in the 68′ minute – after Riccardo Montolivo, Antonio Nocerino and Ignazio Abate entered the game – Urby Emanuelson found the back of the net after a very nice play from Milan. il Diavolo looked much better with Montolivo in the middle of the park and held on to their lead as all the new signings also impressed in this game.

Bale sodeeq

Nice 1 boyz forza milano

Marseille
Marseille

Monty should play infront of d back 4. We all saw wat happened wen he was brought in; our game started flowing. Acerbi needs 2 develope his game, Antonini & Measbah, especially Mesbah smh. Taiwo shud b given more playing time. They team tried tho.

walexy
walexy

dis is d begining, every club watchout for new milan

milango
milango

4-3-2-1 ????

Mz adamu

Forza milan forza emanuelson forza fanz of milan more are comin ucl schedutto nd the supper cup all for milan

trackback

[…] Highlights: Chelsea 0-1 Milan Chelsea-Milan: Official line-ups […]

milanmania
milanmania

plus 1 cb,lb,amf,strker milan will win scudeto n ucl. forza milan.

ICE
ICE

Not a bad game. Monty was amazing!!! once his foot landed on the pitch, the whole game changed. Mesbah is literally, the worst player I have every seen in my whole life. This guy simply can’t play professional soccer. Surprisingly, Flamini’s game was actually as bad as Mesbah’s, it was really sad watching him playing on such low level….. 1 Question, I hope someone can help me answering it. I am familiar with Cassano’s recent news and not seeing him play in that game was weird and somehow cofirms that he actually might be on his way out. Can some… Read more »

D gr8 milanisti
D gr8 milanisti

D game ix so impressive! Keep it up.

Shenko Gh

I saw in tuttosport this morning that cassano was a problem in the Milan camp. How far is this true dudes???. Just wanna know plssssssss. Forza Milan!

dredd
dredd

urby wow. All he needed was some confidence, self belief n look at him now… Wowowo. Monty best signing ever. Noce monty boateng 3 mids… Kaka pato robinho upfront. The defence is really worrying. Mesbah, bonera, yepes, hav to go. Acerbi has to improve alot. Mbiwa, ogbonna for cb imho

sadf
sadf

I didn’t watch the game, but it seems like the kids, especially in the front and midfield, like El Shaarawy, Urby, Boateng, and Montolivo were having a good game. Mesbah’s cross at the beginning of the match was something too. Maybe he just needs to work on his defensive play, like Abate did. But it seems like Milan could fit in 4-3-2-1 well. Milan already have El Shaarawy, Boateng, Urby, and Robinho as second striker and Pato as prima punta. I don’t include Cassano because I think he only fits in 4-3-1-2. I guess with 2 or 3 new signings,… Read more »

Red&Black-indo
Red&Black-indo

Acerbi HAS TO improve A LOT!!

and Mesbah, he HAS TO GO. he had his chances and the result is BIG ZERO. he didnt improve at all.

it’s so f#cking worrying that our LBs are Antonini and Mesbah.

sadf
sadf
Reply to  Red&Black-indo

Everyone said the same thing to Abate when he wasn’t the Abate we know today. 😀

greg
greg

just judging by the highlights this looked like a much better performance than vs Schalke. Traore actually looks decent and I was very skeptical about him. I just wish we played with more dribblers who can carry the ball

Acorn
Acorn

Always knew Chelsea was weak… Chelsea had basically their starting 11 out, We had people on the field that never plays, or was injured most of last season… EPL lol the send chuckles through my digestive system

opinion -lawyer

monty waz awsome,look at hw he waz passing and spraying ball.

Hencyn
Hencyn

Allegri should start playing de sciglio as a left back.Since he can play both as a left and right back,d earlier he starts playin as a LB d better.His chances at RB is very limited.Allegri should allow him to grow just exactly like zambrotta who plays as a RB and LB.

franco
franco

our play is so fluid without ibra, i think allegri was trying the 4-3-2-1 becuz he knows kaka is coming and he needs to fit boateng and kaka in the team, apparently galliani is going to talk to real madrid president in the week to sign kaka , diarra and carvalho and is if m’biwa dont cum we are gonna get n’kolou who is available for 10m, if all plans out our strongest squad for a game will be.. abbiatti abate m’biwa carvalho antonini nocerino diarra montilivo boateng kaka pato subs: amelia de sciglio bonera ambrosini constant robinho el shaarawy… Read more »

Ouch!
Ouch!

The whole team played great, without many long balls which I like! Urby & Monty stood out the most for me this game, I could also say Nocerino never seems to disappoint while Traore was a pleasant surprise for me. PS Kaka would fit into this team very nicely for sure 😀

sheriff

Here’s ma rating for all our players Amelia -6 he should work more on deadball situations nd corners. Yepes -5 has lost space thank God he only has a year left on his contract. Bonera -6 a decent performance but not a defence marshal. Mesbah -3 very poor not a Milan kind of player, he shd just go on loan. Antonini – 2 very very poor maybe cos he played has a right back. Flamini -3 no meaningful contribution a poor display by him. Traore -5 with enough minutes he can be a valuable asset dosent stop running. KPB -6… Read more »

Forza1899Milan
Forza1899Milan

People please don’t go just off of highlights. Chelsea had much more possession than us. As well as individual players, I am a huge Boateng fan. I defended him when everyone hated him, but he has been really poor this last couple friendlies. Traore keeps going missing in the game and gives the ball away a lot. I am very happy with the way Urby is performing. I think without Ibra there has freedom. Ibra often yelled at him… I really want to like Acerbi, but he is SOOO slow. Even if his defending improves, I’m not sure anything can… Read more »