Here is the squad of Milan.
Milan start their Champions League campaign next week and they have been draw in Group E alongside Chelsea, Red Bull Salzburg and Dinamo Zagreb.
Today, the list of Milan for the competition was delivered. UEFA has certain rules that must be respected when it comes to who can be included in the list.
As explained on UEFA’s website, every club must submit two lists of players. List A had to be submitted by tonight (Friday) while List B, which must be submitted no later than 24:00 CET the day before each match.
Who can be on List A?
- No club can have more than 25 players on List A during the season, of whom at least two must be goalkeepers.
- As a minimum, 8 of those 25 places are reserved exclusively for ‘locally trained players’. If a club have fewer than 8 locally trained players in their squad, then the maximum number of players on List A is reduced accordingly.
What’s a ‘locally trained player’?
- Club-trained players who were on a club’s books for three years between the ages of 15 and 21.
- Association-trained players who were on another club’s books in the same association for three years between the ages of 15 and 21. No club can have more than four association-trained players among their eight ‘local’ nominees on List A.
What is List B?
- A player may be registered on List B if he is born on, or after, 1 January 2001 and has been eligible to play for the club concerned for any uninterrupted period of two years since his 15th birthday by the time he is registered with UEFA – or for a total of three consecutive years with a maximum of one loan period to a club from the same association for a period not longer than one year. Players aged 16 may be submitted if they have been registered with the club for the previous two years without interruption.
- Each club must include at least two goalkeepers on List A and at least three in total (List A and List B combined).
- Clubs are entitled to register an unlimited number of players on List B during the season, but the list needs to be submitted no later than 24:00 CET the day before a match.
As a result of the written above, some players had to be cut from the Champions League squad. Those players are Romanian goalkeeper Ciprian Tătăruşanu, new signings Malick Thiaw, Aster Vranckx and Yacine Adli, the out-of-favor Tiémoué Bakayoko and injured Zlatan Ibrahimović.
Milan only have 23 players in the squad instead of 25 since they only have 6 locally trained players.
|Mike Maignan||Davide Calabria||Ismaël Bennacer||Olivier Giroud|
|Antonio Mirante||Fodé Ballo-Touré||Sandro Tonali||Brahim Díaz|
|Theo Hernández||Tommaso Pobega||Ante Rebić|
|Pierre Kalulu||Rade Krunić||Rafael Leão|
|Sergiño Dest||Divock Origi|
|Fikayo Tomori||Junior Messias|
|Simon Kjær||Alexis Saelemaekers|
|Alessandro Florenzi||Charles De Ketelaere|