Official: Bakayoko joins Milan on a two-year loan with an option to buy which can become an obligation

Tiémoué Bakayoko at Milan. (@acmilan.com)

Tiémoué Bakayoko has officially returned to Milan, arriving from Chelsea on a two-year loan.

Bakayoko had been linked with a comeback to Milan ever since his left the club following his loan deal, and today is finally the day that it happens.

Tiémoué arrived in Milano on Saturday and yesterday he had the medical check-ups before heading to Stadio San Siro to see his new-old teammates beat Cagliari 4-1.

“Milan is delighted to announce the signing of midfielder Tiémoué Bakayoko from Chelsea FC on a two-year loan, which could turn into an obligation if certain conditions are met,” a statement reads.

“Born in Paris on August 17, 1994, Tiémoué Bakayoko started his professional career at Rennes and then played for Monaco, Chelsea and Napoli before coming back to AC Milan, where he had already played during the 2018/19 season, featuring 42 times and scoring one goal.”

Tiémoué Bakayoko with Paolo Maldini and Frederic Massara at Casa Milan on August 30, 2021. (@acmilan.com)

Bakayoko spoke to MilanTV after signing the contract with the Red and Black club:

On being back: “I’m very happy to be here. I have so many great memories – it didn’t start well but in the end I think all the club, fans and staff gave me a lot of love and that’s why I always thought I’d be back here one day, that was one of my dreams.”

On Maldini: “He talked to be a few weeks ago prior to seeing me today, and they all wanted me to back. This has given me more confidence, I was sure I’m going to come back here.”

On familiar faces: “It’s good to see some friends in the team, I know all the French players in the team. I know them and when I thought about coming back here I thought and talked about it with them.”

Tiémoué Bakayoko at Casa Milan on August 30, 2021. (@acmilan.com)

On Kessié: “We have a good relationship and I am not surprised because he’s a really good guy, a really good player. When I was at Milan I played with him and I saw all the season that he was a really good player and I think he showed the world football what he can do. That’s good for him.”

On Serie A: “I think Serie A is going up, every season you can see many good players coming to the league and the level is much better. How I feel about the league? I feel very good, and I can say that I know how to play here and I’m happy to play in this league.”

On facing Milan with Napoli: “When I played against Milan, I was focused on the team I was playing for, I wanted to beat Milan to honest [laughs], of course. But it didn’t work well because I got a red card but it was a good feeling to see some familiar faces and yes it was good, I was happy.”

On playing in the Champions League: “When I was playing here, we were missing one or two points I think from playing in this competition. I was really devastated at the end of the season but I’m happy to be back to play this competition, it’s the dream of every player.”

On the Derby: “I want to win the Derby because I didn’t win it when I was here. And yes, I think Milan-Inter is the most important game and I really want to win it.”

On the club: “Milan is big, that’s the word that comes to my mind first, and it’s a big club everywhere. The Stadium, the team, the trophies, so many big histories. That’s great.”

A message to the fans: “I just want to say: I’m back! And I’m here to entertain and to enjoy all together.”

Nicholas Simoonga
Nicholas Simoonga
25 days ago

Iff topic favre wont be joining Milan

Rossi
Rossi
25 days ago

The deal fell thru for lousy 2mil, which Brest wanted to be paid right away, and Milan wanted to pay them as bonusses. We missed on a great talent who can play as a winger and mid. It seems Florenzi is the new RW after all. I know people are pumped up for beating Cagliari and think that this team is all set, but not strenghtening the attack could come to hunt us later on against stronger teams and when some players will need to be rested. First real test is Lazio in two weeks time.

Last edited 25 days ago by Rossi
Caesar
Caesar
25 days ago

Right now we just need a deputy for Diaz and starter for the RW. This team looks really solid!

Dwayne K27ism
Dwayne K27ism
Reply to  Caesar

I agree bro. Maybe our RW should take priority first because we already have Diaz and MaldiniJr.

Oluwashevy
25 days ago

Seria A have lost players not many world star players are here anyway I wish you the very best of luck come and add value support to the team I feel with this squad and the way we played yesterday no injuries or covid19 I feel we can carry the league

ZionTrain
ZionTrain
25 days ago

I think Milan duped us into believing that they would replace Calhanoglu and get us an upgrade to Castellijo at RW.

I really hope that is not the case because we need to upgrade both positions 🙁

Deku
Deku
Reply to  ZionTrain

even just RW would do at this point.

Dwayne K27ism
Dwayne K27ism
Reply to  ZionTrain

Maldini and co said they would wait to the final days and hours. I recall something about “being patient”. We are here now so it’s time to see what happens.

Calm down
Calm down
25 days ago

Unfortunately he would be frustrating to watch. I dont see him suiting our intended style of football.

Dwayne K27ism
Dwayne K27ism
Reply to  Calm down

Yeah well that’s just like your opinion man!

Dwayne K27ism
Dwayne K27ism
25 days ago

I recall when Gattuso was still in charge (Has it really been this long?) and we got Bakayoko but so many people thought it was a bad transfer deal. Then when he started playing well against Roma and Lazio even against Inter that he became a fan favorite. When he left, I always thought he would someday make a return. Today is that day. How awesome it is! we now have a player who knows how to play for Milan back when we were considered under achievers. What’s more? we have quality depth added in midfield which has always plagued… Read more »

Calm down
Calm down
Reply to  Dwayne K27ism

Difference is he kinda suits Gatuso’s defensive style of football – pack the mid with energy and muscle.. No need for skills whatsoever. Watching our match last night, with everyone passing smoothly, I was wondering if I’d place a mid like Baka in there. And I mean even against opponents like Inter and Liverpool, I’d always prefer more technique to physical presences. In modern game big teams do sign physically strong mids but ones with some ball playing skills.

Rosso Joburg
Rosso Joburg
24 days ago
Reply to  Calm down

I remember him being fantastic for us. Always had time on the ball. Under Pioli our 2 CM are quite defensive generally anyways.

Last edited 24 days ago by Rosso Joburg