Milan agree deal with Chelsea to buy out Tomori, the center back will sign a contract until 2026 with the Rossoneri

Fikayo Tomori during Milan-Cagliari at Stadio San Siro on May 16, 2021. (Marco Canoniero)

Fikayo Tomori will stay at Milan for the next few years, as the club has agreed to pay the €28m buy-out clause.

Tomori arrived in Milan during the January transfer market and he became a key player in the team of Stefano Pioli rather quickly, taking the place of captain Alessio Romagnoli in the line-up.

The 23-year-old was very impressive on his loan spell and so the Diavolo have decided to go ahead and use their option to buy and it appears that today an agreement has been reached.

According to Milannews.it and others later, Milan worked with Chelsea today to define the transfer of Tomori to the Rossoneri on a permanent basis. The red and black club has agreed to pay around €28 million for the player, who according to Pietro Balzano Prota will sign a contract to 2026.

Nicolò Schira reports that Tomori will earn €3m per season at Milan. Fik becomes the club’s second transfer of the summer, after Mike Maignan who arrived from Lille for €13m + €2m.

paijo
paijo
20 days ago

good

Milanzah
Milanzah
20 days ago

A step in the right direction, I taught milan will play the waiting game as usual.
Away from this topic to the dollarruma sh*t, he and his agent had it all plan out, his agent knows very well that with all this economic crises no team is going to pay 60m for a GK who wants to earn 12m, so they have to play the waiting game and let him go for free!!

Deku
Deku
20 days ago

Now sign Giroud, Milenkovic and de Paul, extend loan of Brahim (this time with an option to buy), and keep Pobega. After Europe we’ll see who to sign for vice-Kessie, vice-Theo roles. IDK if we’ll have enough funds for ST and RW, which is sad. Should have signed Szlobozlai back in januray and sold Chalha. We literally missed out on a 95M income, because of those 2 traitors.

Deku
Deku
20 days ago
Reply to  Deku

Tammy Abraham, Alexander Isak, Youssef En-Nesyri are all great options for ST, all have similar profile to Ibra. Malen is interesting but less likely due to him being Riola’s player, Depay another interesting profile but he’s Barca bound, and Belotti I think want to play for Mourinho.

Nesta1
Nesta1
Reply to  Deku

Tammy gets my vote be perfect for us

Emmy ApacheB
20 days ago

Apart from Tomori
I want to advise our management to think and consider the quality of players to buy BASE on our matches against Inter, Juventus.Napoli,Roma and Atlanta
We need to use our inner eyes to view what it takes to play these clubs before jumping on players
We saw how we lost the Scudetto to Inter after 11 points margin. Had it been we had more quality players we would have won the league
Thanks

19 days ago

another masterclass signing by maldini/massara dynamic duo. bravo here’s for many many others clean sheet vs rubentus, atalanta etc. now lets permanent kessailly’s and calahmbria’s asses too. i also read that romag wants to stay. good for him. a solid cb like him would cost milan at least 30-40m. i just hope he’ll ditch raiola like insigne and lukaku. like i said, milan is in rebuilding phase so they need to buy, NOT sell. anyone who understands football knows full team milan can beat inter, atalanta, napoli, juve, practically ALL 19 other teams of serie a. they even held their… Read more »

JaCc
JaCc
18 days ago
Reply to  Milan10

Gonna be a tough sell to convince Roma to stay as 3rd cb but I’d be happy for him to stay if he wants to

Agustinar

Tomori’s style of play, reminds me to Fabio Cannavaro

Terry
Terry
19 days ago

Guys it appears we are losing Hakan. I wonder who should be his replacement. There is a lot of talk about De Paul, but what do you guys think about SMS of Lazio?

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin
Reply to  Terry

De Paul will be hard to get simply bc athletico Madrid want him. SMS is a good idea to. I still think we need a younger person as well. Personally I like Brandt but I don’t think it’s possible. So I’d say try hauge in atm since he has the perfect attributes to be successful. That or develop maldini and allow him to actually play

Deku
Deku
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Pessina is also cheap and very good option. He has 1 year left on his contract, and we own 50%. So 5-6M would be more than enough.

Niels8
Niels8
Reply to  Deku

I doubt Pessina would excel in our tactics. In Milan AM role is really crucial in the build up, while in Atalanta it’s not as it is as they have two high class strikers and attack a lot by overloading the wings. I know Malinovsky and Illicic also play AM, but there is less responsibility in dictating the attack in the final third. In Milan the No. 10 role is crucial, and that’s why Hakan’s inconsistency is really felt.

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin
Reply to  Niels8

This is true, in the 4231 the cam is required to be everywhere and do everything. He has to be the link from the cdms, to the wingers and to the forward line. Hakans problem was he lacked quickness and speed to get to each area and he lacked skill to beat players and shift the defense. I wish we got Gomez instead of Sevilla getting him. He would have been perfect despite his age

Deku
Deku
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Nkuku from Leipzig

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin
17 days ago
Reply to  Deku

Shit I forgot about him. How much do you think he would cost? Milan needs to use us being in ucl to make bold attempts. Outside of money, who would turn us down

Elliotazzuri
Elliotazzuri
19 days ago

We should get another veteran in our defence just like our attack (giroud) I go with chellini or Ramos, since the management love old veteran so much am excited let get all the old cheap veteran

Usain
19 days ago

Milan should go for papu Gomez for the AM.

Suracho
Suracho
19 days ago

I HAVE DETECTED SOME FIGHTS ON THIS SUB WHICH I WILL NOT TOLERATE AT ALL. I CANNOT SEE TWO MILANISTAS FIGHTING WITH EACH OTHER. IF SOMEONE WANTS TO ACT TOUGH, MY REPLIES ARE OPEN, BULLYING WONT BE TOLERATED ON THIS BLOG ON MY WATCH. RESPECT OTHER MILANISTAS AND THEIR OPINIONS OR ELSE YOU WILL HAVE TO DEAL WITH ME.
YOU ARE WARNED.

Elliotazzuri
Elliotazzuri
Reply to  Suracho

I apologize for any abusive word I use, am on a anger management course, so please bear with me FU

Suracho
Suracho
18 days ago
Reply to  Elliotazzuri

I ACCEPT YOUR APOLOGY AND ALSO APPRECIATE YOU OWNING UP TO YOUR MISTAKES. WE NEED TO PROMOTE HARMONY AMONG MILANISTAS BY RESPECTING EACH OTHER’S OPINION AND YOU HAVE SURACHO’S RESPECT ELLIOTAZZURI FOR STRIVING TO PROMOTE HARMONY HERE.

Elliotazzuri
Elliotazzuri
18 days ago
Reply to  Suracho

Robert
Robert
17 days ago
Reply to  Suracho

and me?

milan4lyf
milan4lyf
16 days ago

This is a fantastic signing. Both Mike and Tomori signing are just perfect for the squad. I just hope we don’t splash cash for Vlahovic. I am not really sure what our management sees in him.

Bad Ball Control + 0 Air dominance = 95% chance of being a one season wonder.

It’s a big no from me. Before splashing cash for Vlahovic, we need to wait another season. We shouldn’t invite another Kalinic nightmare.