Team news: Atalanta were without Viktor Kovalenko and Hans Hateboer, while Milan had to do without Matteo Gabbia, Ante Rebić and Zlatan Ibrahimović. Kickoff time for Matchday 38 of the 2020/21 Serie A campaign was 20:45 CET at Stadio Atleti Azzurri d’Italia.

Goals: Kessié (43′ pk, 93′ pk)
Red card: de Roon (92′)

Atalanta B.C. (3-4-2-1) – Gian Piero Gasperini
Pierluigi Gollini; Rafael Toloi (87′ José Luis Palomino), Cristian Romero, Berat Djimsiti; Joakim Mæhle (79′ Mario Pašalić), Marten de Roon, Remo Freuler (87′ Aleksei Miranchuk), Robin Gosens; Ruslan Malinovskyi, Matteo Pessina (46′ Luis Muriel); Duván Zapata.
Unused: Rossi, Sportiello; Caldara, Ruggeri, Šutalo; Iličić, Lammers.

AC Milan (4-2-3-1) – Stefano Pioli
Gianluigi Donnarumma; Davide Calabria, Simon Kjær, Fikayo Tomori, Theo Hernández; Ismaël Bennacer (61′ Soualiho Meïté), Franck Kessié; Alexis Saelemaekers (78′ Diogo Dalot), Brahim Díaz (61′ Rade Krunić), Hakan Çalhanoğlu; Rafael Leão (78′ Mario Mandžukić).
Unused: A. Donnarumma, Tătăruşanu; Kalulu, Romagnoli; Castillejo, Hauge, Tonali; Maldini.

Referee: Maurizio Mariani.

MilanEstonia
MilanEstonia
27 days ago

Congratulations to Papa Pioli!

He took us there. Love and credit to you forever. And thank you so much for all that you did Pioli!

Not sure if he’ll be the one to lead us in CL though. Let’s see what happens next.

Good night guys. Celebrate non stop and forza Milan!

Emmy ApacheB

We are back home
Champions league is our home
We are Milan
We are the eleven wise men
I was mad last weekend
I had high blood pressure
My little baby was crying
I decided to put a stop to football but my love for milan wouldn’t allow me
Am so happy tonight
My family including my dog pet were so happy
My little baby asked me Daddy hope we are still milan and I said forever
My health is back am so happy
Forza milan

kabson Ibrahim
Reply to  Emmy ApacheB

For za milan

Stuball78
Stuball78
27 days ago

Forza Milan! Woohoo! And a win against our bogey team with no forwards!

Bush
Bush
27 days ago

Hmmm all the people that down voted me, you can suck a dick :). As I said Calma and cheer for Milan

Milan 2.jpg
SOHEIL
SOHEIL
Reply to  Bush

Rise of Milan and death of this blog! No one is here to even monitor comments. Shame on the owners

Bush
Bush
Reply to  SOHEIL

I found one hahahah

Charlie
Charlie
27 days ago

A draw against Cagliari at home, a win against Atlanta away.
We re Milan, we don’t do EASY

Niels8
Niels8
27 days ago

Since many of us have already congratulated the team, I’d rather bring out something else.
Should Pioli really stay?

TruRossoneri
TruRossoneri
Reply to  Niels8

Today we celebrate. Let’s talk about this later.

Reply to  Niels8

Ya we will worry about that tomorrow for sure. Let’s just party

27 days ago

Finally. We are back in CL. After a long break from this site for the ‘PioliOut’ cr*p, it feels so good to return. Champion league, here we come. Even though I don’t believe Pioli would be the ideal man to guide us through UCL, but gotta give the man the credit he deserves. He kept Milan in top 4 throughout the whole season with an incomplete and rookie squad full of injuries. Gotta love the tears of Joy. I literally wokeup the whole neighborhood at 3 AM screaming lol
FORZA MILAN.
Scudetto is ours next season.

Back in the big time!!

Bye bye Hakan
Ciao also to Samu, Krunic, Dalot, Mario.
Keep Diaz and Tomori

Bring back Pobega and Laxalt.

Buy a good Rw, Am and Striker

Reply to  SJF

“bye bye hakan. lets bring back laxalt” – sjf (social justice fvkhead)

Habeebulahi
Habeebulahi
Reply to  SJF

Why are u chasing Hakan away, U really wrong

dan
dan
Reply to  Habeebulahi

for the money he is asking, he isnt worth it. Think about it. He played terrible and he’s playing for a contract. Imagine once he signs a 4-5yr deal. He is talented enough to ask for that money, but not consistent enough.

Reply to  Habeebulahi

Hes not good enough, and he wants a raise. We can do a lot better.
He will regret not extending his contract, Milan will not

Reply to  SJF

yeah, let hakan go to juve for free. lets goo pirlo 2.0. hell, let donna go there too while we’re at it.
the uninitiated smh

Reply to  Milan10

Wow, comparing Hakan with Pirlo!
One of the most gifted midfielders of modern football with a bang average journey man player who has won nothing.
Is he your son or something?

Reply to  SJF

“I have a friend called Hakan from Turkey and even he thinks Cahalanoglu is average.”
this is exactly what that uninitiated nathan said too. wow, u uninitiated really think alike dont u? lol. who gives a rat’s ass about what ur friend thinks. check the stats, or better yet, watch milan games (goals, chances etc) and u’ll find that hakan always play big part

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  SJF

Hakan was one of the key players we missed when he got injured and our form started collapsing – if you watched the games with your eyes open that is.

Reply to  dejan10

He had a few months of good form but he has reverted to his low standards in recent months.
Did you watch the last 2 games, he literally could not hold or pass the ball.
Also a No. 10 is supposed to score a few goals!

Reply to  SJF

*sigh*
milan’s 1st goal vs atalanta: theo traded wall passes with hakan and saladmaker before he got tackled inside pen box. penalty.
2nd goal: dalot low cross found hakan inside pen box. hakan in turn shot the ball, which then hit the arm of atalanta player, penalty.
anyone with eyes and brain knows hakan played important part in both milan goals. he’s decisive (again)

Reply to  Milan10

Your boyfriend doesn’t want to stay! Hes not worth the money he is asking for.
Get over it!

Donnarumma is a loss not Hakan

Ashraf
Reply to  SJF

Tel that blind guy when ever we are playing with Hakan we are one man down

Reply to  SJF

Exactly, Donna will be missed but we have a really good replacement in mike. Add the gk training Milan provides and he will only get better. Hakan has been an insane waste of time. He’s slow, can’t dribble past players, and his passing is average. If we gave Diaz the same playing time as hakan he would have benched him long ago.

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Yeah I’m really looking forward to a good no.10 who scores goals and Carrie’s the ball. Diaz has started to look really bright recently

SempreMilan
SempreMilan
27 days ago

Forza Milan so happy, anyways this is our chance to get raid of pioli and maldini we don’t need them anymore, and any coach will be willing to sign for us because we are in cl now

Robert
Robert
Reply to  SempreMilan

I wish I could be the CEO, director, manager and EVERYTHING in this club. It would be perfect I imagine. With Muntari as my assistant, and Essien to train the primavera. Zlatan (and hakan) should go as he is not a real muslim, he is even despiced by his own in Sweden. They cut the head off his statue or sum shit. Let Tonali, Dalot, Donna and Mandzukic go also Also sell for profit: Theo, Calabria, Roma, Rebic, Hauge, and most of the white players except Kjaer who is not easily replacable atm. Saladmaker can stay if hes ok with… Read more »

Reply to  Robert

lol

Reply to  Robert

Gold lol

27 days ago

Well, the calculations have started, Soon, we will be talking transfers. Here’s my little piece, PURCHASES: ST – Icardi ~ £40 million ST – Giroud ~ £5 million LW – Depay ~ Free AM – De Paul ~ £40 million AM – Diaz ~ Another Loan RW – Berardi ~ £25 million CM – Pobega ~ Loan Return CM – Tonali ~ £20 million LB – J. Firpo ~ £15 million RB – Dumfries ~ £15 million CB – Tomori ~ £28 million TOTAL = £188 million DEPARTURES: ST – Mandzukic ~ Free LW – R. Leao ~ £30 million… Read more »

AC MILAN 2022.png
Vitaly
Vitaly
27 days ago

Why Icardi and Giroud and not Belotti and Vlahovic?

Reply to  Vitaly

Well, I think Icardi is miles ahead of these two at the big stage, right now we have no time for experiments anymore, we need proven players with track record.
I like Vlahovic a lot, but I think he’s a little unproven.

Milan
Milan
27 days ago

Why would you sell leao and keep ibra. You are working backwards my friend.

Reply to  Milan

Well, even though I think we can be fine without Ibra (hence the reason I asked for Giroud) I’m only being realistic knowing Ibra just signed a new contract and with the constant singing of Ibra’s off the.

dejan10
dejan10
27 days ago

I like the way everyone’s realized they can post images 😉

Reply to  dejan10

Yeah, AC Milan going higher, all Rossoneri including Rossoneriblog are also going higher… see you guys Tuesday and Wednesday nights!!
CL here we come.

Robert
Robert

We did it guys!!!

Hafeez
Hafeez
27 days ago

Despite the last 5 games being tricky, we had 5 clean sheets. Shout out to the players. Welcome back to UCL Milan, I missed the anthem.

ZahidHossain
ZahidHossain
27 days ago

We shouldn’t let Donna n Hakan go for free.. Hold them for 3/4 yrs contract n then sell them after 1 yr n we may get atleast 70 million from those two in 2022 summer ….
We should sign quality free agent around 30yrs of age having ChampionsLeague experience ( like Depay, Mikhitarian, Giru n others who r available)….
We should try for Belotti this summer, if not then next yr as a free agent
Maldini n Masara co shown good loan deal this yr n should continue
Champions League after 8 yrs…. Lets party boys, have fun

Last edited 27 days ago by ZahidHossain
27 days ago

funny that de facto pioli’s milan started after that 5-0 drubbing by atalanta which forced maldini to bring back ibra and get kjaer, among others. now fast forward 1.5 yrs, milan actually beat atalanta at their home to finally get back to ucl. what a sweet come back story. ah well, thats football for u.
now nazidis/eldiott combo better stop fooling around with their stingy, american men in black bs and start giving maldini/massara their rightful respectable transfer fund. 80-100m, no less

Reply to  Milan10

Now, how we gonna spend that transfer budget my old friend?

Elliotazzuri
Elliotazzuri

Are you from Nigeria

Reply to  Elliotazzuri

I am Rossoneri worldwide, so yes I’m from Nigeria

Elliotazzuri
Elliotazzuri
27 days ago

Cool I have a friend from Nigeria, anyway I like the thought of icardi he is a proven goal scorer but they is one major problem with him he is only good in the box, if he is not feeded he can’t create chances for himself to score, that what I don’t like about him and that why Conte sold him for lukaku

Last edited 27 days ago by Elliotazzuri
Reply to  Elliotazzuri

Ibrahimovic always scored when fit, the team started having goal scoring problems when Ibrahimovic got injured and we were left without a real no.9
With Depay, De Paul and Berardi, I tell you, Icardi is gonna score tons of goal for Milan.

27 days ago

well mate, when fit, this milan can and DID beat any other il sette magnifico of serie a. the way the handled man utd surprised me as well (if it wasnt for kessie’s wrongfully disallowed goal, milan would’ve qf). this milan are strong despite what all the naysayers (read: the unitiated a.k.az football virgins) say so i say the most important things are to keep the core and buy quality back ups and rw upgrade. they’ll need back up st. vlahovic is obvious choice as he’s ibra 2.0 (imagine how good he’ll be at 27-29) but he’s expensive so i’ll… Read more »

Reply to  Milan10

I will inject you and everyone with the Icardi fever… we need to see this.
By the way, whatsup with your Leao a.k.a Riquelme 2.0

27 days ago

well, to be fair, news regarding icardi have been circulating for months and i honestly wouldnt mind having great player like that playing for milan. i know his wife is trouble but i dont think they’d mess around when maldini’s around. i also really like muriel. surely the deadliest right foot in serie a (ilicic’s for left footer). regarding leaonaldo, like i said, even cr7 himself wasnt cr7 until his 4th season at man utd. anyone with fully functioning eyes AND brain knows leao is talented; he’s not saladmaker or poli. he, like haugiggs, just needs guidance and support. i… Read more »

Reply to  Milan10

Yeah… I like that

ZahidHossain
ZahidHossain
27 days ago

We should sign atleast 5 free agent who r around 30 yrs with vast Champions League experience + Buy De paul, Belotti n Tomori
Sell Krunic, Samu, Laxalt, Conti, Caldara
Leave Mandu n Dalot
Keep Brahim as Loanee

Reply to  ZahidHossain

Icardi in for Belotti, and you’re fine

dan
dan
27 days ago

i dont know man. Belotti has to a lot with not a whole lot of help at Torino. He’s been begging to be in a big club with more help. I think he is hungrier. Sometimes i feel Icardi gets distracted and doesnt put his best effort. imho tho

Reply to  dan

Well, I like hungry players, but hell I like classy players, take it or leave it Icardi is more class than Belotti, don’t get me wrong, I like Belotti, but not an elite striker just yet, plus, Pioli already knows Icardi having already worked with him at Inter, Icardi has always been class and has great motivation, the kind you expect from a team captain.

Ashraf
26 days ago

icardi is another piantek and it will be disaster if milan sign him beloti is what we need he is complete player

Reply to  Ashraf

Well, st this point, I wish we get Belotti and Juventus get Icardi, maybe we can watch them closely.

Reply to  ZahidHossain

If Dalot leaves, which is very likely then Laxalt is a solid option as back up for Theo. We dont need to waste our precious transfer funds on someone who will hardly play

ZahidHossain
ZahidHossain
Reply to  SJF

Chelsea Loanee Japacosta can be a cheap n good option who played as both RB n LB for Genoa … Dalot may cost a lot but he failed to prove Himself this yr

Last edited 27 days ago by ZahidHossain
Elliotazzuri
Elliotazzuri
27 days ago

I don’t want to see this 2 player in a Milan shirt next season Krunic and Castillejo, I don’t really mind whether hakan stay but they must get raid of those 2 first

Ted
Ted
27 days ago

Now for the most important thing… Give Kessie a new improved contract!

27 days ago

As previous mentioned my first choice addition for the attack would be belotti but if we could get icardi at an affordable price i wouldn’t mind him either but in my view it would be smart to have one more addition upfront. A thought for the 3rd option could be to aquirre 1.98m tall nigerian player simy from crotone who should be affordable as he currently holds a 4mil valuation on transfermarkr and has an expiring contract next year. The guy bagged 20 goals this season for the now relegated team which in my book is quite impressive and rarely… Read more »

Last edited 27 days ago by Martin Bernhard
27 days ago

Thats a really good back up, Simy is 29 but if he is cheap he will be a great back up. I preffer Belotti as a starter next season as well. No to Icardi, expensive and out of form. He misses a lot of 1on1’s as well. Tami Abraham from Chelsea will be my second option if we cant get Belotti. In fact we can get Abraham on loan+option even if we do get Belotti. Ibra will retire next season, and both Belotti and Abraham seem like they are on their way out this summer so we might use the… Read more »

Reply to  Rossi

Agree on both Tammy Abraham and Belotti. We need two more strikers. Those two are Milan’s best options.

I would not count on Ibra next season to play a major role. We need 3 strikers on the books next season.

Vlahovic too expensive and Icardi is too inconsistent. Maxi Rodriguez still in his head thanks to Wanda Nara who is a mess.

Reply to  ZionTrain

We can only loan Abraham with option to buy for next season when Ibra retires. Same as we did with his friend Tomori. The point is not to miss out on a good young striker now since we might not have the option to get him next year if he goes in another club. And yea Vlahovic is over priced, plus he playes in a two striker formation we dont know how will he perform as a lone striker. There is two much uncertanty around him for someone to splash 60mil as Fiorentina wants. His official value is 25mil however.

Reply to  Rossi

But the main issue of loaning abraham is that chelsea is in the market to get some cash influx now and not next year but if we could strike a loan deal for him with an option id be fine with such solution.

27 days ago

Agreed, tammy would be a great signing and is use to playing lone striker. 6 foot 3,quick, good feet and young. It’s hard to replace zlatan in fact impossible, but tammy would be closest to it. I like bellotti but as a lone striker tammy physically be better for us.

Reply to  Nesta1

I would be gutted if we doesnt get belotti but as i said if we could add abraham in combination as a loan deal with option id deffently try to get such deal over the goal line as well. I doubt chelsea though that they would have any interest in loaning him out with an option as there will be enough english teams offering them straight up cash. Adding belotti would give us the option to start with two upfront and thats also one of the reasons why i mentioned the cheap option of simy.

27 days ago

I’ve always preferred 2 up front and think with theo he be best as a wingbk because he is one of our biggest threats going forward. I’d be surprised if pioli ditched the 4231 but if he as more strikers its possible.might be wrong on this but I’m sure bellotti is a milan fan.

Reply to  Nesta1

Its not that i want him to completely ditch what has been working for us as i actually like the formation we have been using but having the option wont hurt either against some oppositions.

Reply to  Rossi

I think in regard of simy he could propably be bought for 5-10 mil that is of course unless some willing club steps in and makes an offer of 15 mil to speed up a deal. Its difficult to say though but id imagine crotone are in some kind of need for some quick cash after a season with empty stadiums and getting relegated on top of it. Belotti would be my starter as well but we also know that ibra wouldnt accept playing second fiddle as he wants to be a protagonist but belotti would also compliment ibras style… Read more »

27 days ago

I would stay clear of Icardi and his wife, we have a good team spirit now. Its important to bring in humble and motivated players who will fit in. Not the ex inter captain and his crazy wife who cause trouble everywhere they go

Reply to  SJF

Well its not that i disagree on potential issues down the road with them in the club but he is nevertheless a great player that could offer something to the team and the fact that he played in inter doesnt matter to me atleast when playing in ac milan. Anyways as said i prefer belotti and he has up untill now proven to be a calm and down to earth kinda guy that is a team player with no huge ego.

26 days ago

Yeah I’d defo go for Belotti over Icardi.
I like the profile of Vhlaovic too

Reply to  SJF

Yeah vlahovic would be a great transfer as well but looking at the 60-80 mil demands of fiorentina i really dont see it as a feasible choice as it would seriously set our transfer funds back to the stoneage.

Suracho
Suracho
27 days ago

I would like to congratulate Mister Maldini and Papa Pioli for the tremendous work this season. Pioli managed to promote harmony as well as importance of team work in the squad. In my opinion Pioli should continue for one more season and only then renew his contract if we get UCL next season too. Next Season we are going to win the Scudetto for sure with next season being potentially the last season for Zlatan, finally he can have his last dance and I also predict that we will be reaching the finals of UCL. All those who disagree have… Read more »

TruRossoneri
TruRossoneri
Reply to  Suracho

Suracho is back!!! Where have you been hiding bro? We got worried about you.

Suracho
Suracho
Reply to  TruRossoneri

Thank you for remembering me TruRossoneri. I was going through a lot in my personal life. But gone are the yesteryears and now I am going to be active again for my rossoneriblog family. Hope we all have fun next season. I am very happy that we have elliot as our owners as they are the pioneers in knowing how to run a business. Bringing back Maldini has worked wonders for the club. Although I am supporting ac monza too for our father berlusconi and grandfather galliani, Milan will always be my first team. FORZA MILAN

27 days ago

I just read that Milan will be in pot number 4 for the CL group stage draw. What a bunch of BS. We will be in the pot with the likes of Wolsburg, even that we finnished second. Juve will be in the second pot with the likes of Liverpool,PSG,Real,Barca and Atalanta in the third with the likes of Dortmund,Porto,Lipzig, etc. While Inter as the league winner will be in the first pot with the other league winners. It seems they put you in a group from1to4 based on the club coeficent form previous seasons as well and not just… Read more »

Reply to  Rossi

to my knowledge nothing new under the sun here because its exactly as you said decided by coeficient points and yeah we havent really performed that well in europe or even participated in the cl for years so objectively it makes sense but do i like it not really. Anyways im glad that we have a direct qualification to the group play and who knows it could also be baptismn by fire and make us perform beyond what we can expect at this stage of the project.

27 days ago

Before it used to be based on the position you finished in the league as i remember. Gues that changed with the direct qualification changes as well. It only stands for teams that win the league now. I dont think it makes a lot of sense, since it favorizes already established teams and it makes it harder for other teams to rise. Same as the “fair play” rulles favorized teams which already spent a lot of money and didnt allow for others to spend and strenghten their teams like PSG/City did.

Last edited 27 days ago by Rossi
Reply to  Rossi

Ok fair enough i was prettty sure it ran that way previously as well but if you say it didnt then i’ll take your word for it. You have a point there in regard of favourizing already strong and wealthy teams but the whole setup is that in regard of for example teams from non top 5 leagues. Anyways im always for more equal terms of participation.

27 days ago

If quoted correctly then i think hakan is gone because i really don’t see milan management waiting for him to renew untill after the euros as we need to plan forward now and not in july

Calhanoglu: “Will I stay at Milan? I don’t want to talk much about my future now. I have the Euros in front of me. We have time to focus on it. I haven’t made my decision yet, I’ll think of it afterwards.”

27 days ago

Calhanoglu should be gone. Trust me, we won’t miss him. I would take someone like De Paul and Memphis Depay any day over Calhanoglu. Calhanoglu also had a poor game against Atalanta. Not surprised there. Donnarumma is also out and I won’t miss him either. Milan can reinvest the money that would be paid for his ridiculous salary. Mike Maignan from Lille had 19 clean sheets this season. With a strong defensive pair like Tomori and Kjaer Milan will be good next season without Donnarumma. Mike Maignan is really good 15m to sign him and a 3m per year salary.… Read more »

Reply to  ZionTrain

I would prefer de paul but at the same time i would like us to keep hakan atleast if not overpaying him as he does contribute a lot when in form but yeah he is sometimes inconsistent but having both of them would propably also force the turk to up his game. He would be the player of the first two you mentioned id miss the least. Well in regard of donnarumma i would be saddened to see him leave as i see him as one to keep for the next decades unless he intends to keep extorting the club,… Read more »

26 days ago

Honestly, I don’t have an issue Calhanoglu leaving because I truly believe that he’s limiting Milan from playing with 2 CF. He is not good on the wing unlike De Paul who can play wide or AM. De Paul is a more skillful dribbler.

I rarely if ever saw Calhanoglu dribble pass defenders to open up space for the strikers around him. He doesn’t move the ball well in tight spaces.

My dream would be Dybala but I would take De Paul over Calhanoglu.

Reply to  ZionTrain

Pioli already said he will build on what they already did so i think its fairly reasonable to believe we will continue with the formation we already played with. Anyways it wouldnt be a great issue having both of them within the squad as de paul plays great both in cm-atm and left wing so as i see it they could both play in this team. But he still contribute with 15-20 goals+assists combined per season so regardless of him not being the type of player you want he does actually contribute a lot. As i said though it will… Read more »

Milanellofm
Milanellofm
27 days ago

I can’t lie I legit cried. What a season it was, so many roller coasters of emotions but we finally got where we wanted to be! A second place finish isn’t bad if you consider we were trying just to get into champions League. We definitely deserved it! Congratulations to all the players and staff members and pioli. Let’s be honest, when pioli first arrived no one thought he would achieve this, so he won over the hearts of many fans! Most notable players this season. Calabria, donnarumma, kjaer, and Kessie. All of them were stellar all season long. Kessie… Read more »

Milan
Milan
27 days ago

I would love to see tonali playing a more advanced role up in the position instead of hakan. I Also want Milan to acquire rodrigo de paul. For me Milan need another aggressive midfielder and bakayoko should still be in a Milan jersey because there’s no need for maite.

Reply to  Milan

Totally agree on moving Tonali to AM. I would suggest playing Hauge there as well if needed. So no need Krunic as he can leave.

Meite is good. No need for Bakayoko. I think Milan should redeem Meite loan and sign him.

He did well against Manchester United except for the poor clearance but trust me he’s good. Meite and Kessie are a good option if we need to shut it down against attacking teams.

Pobega doesn’t fit in our current style of play and Milan should sell him.

Ted
Ted
Reply to  Milan

It’s a no no, if anyone then Bennacer would be ideal in more advanced role such as AM. Tonali would be ideal as regista in three man midfield but that won’t happen with Pioli sticking to 4231. I would pair Tonali and Kessie with Bennacer up front.

Reply to  Ted

I agree on the regista position since he played there for Brescia but I think he’s a better passer than Bennacer and he’s has a better shot as well. So Tonali would not only create more but score goals too.

But honestly I’m ok with the way he’s being used by Pioli. He Just needs a bit more game time alongside Kessie to build his confidence.

Milankunlele
Milankunlele
27 days ago

Congratulations to all Milan fans,to me I don’t think we want to through this kind of experience next season,it is obvious Mr Pioli is running of volkwagen beetle 1500 engine with 100km/hr speed limit,high blood pressure last game,first is a new grade coach as next season might not be that easy with Mourinho,Gasperini,Conte,may be Sarri for Napoli,get rid of Samu, Krunic,Meite,Dalot, Mandzukic,Donna A, retain Diaz,Tomori,bring back Pobega or seal Tomori with Bakayoko,De Paul,Depay,I prefer Belotti to Icardi to save us of trouble a back up in Simmy not bad, allow Hauge and Leao to grow with us they both have… Read more »

Reply to  Milankunlele

Pobega doesn’t fit in our system and style of play. He’s also too slow. Milan should sell him.

Milan should also cash in on Leao too. I would keep Hauge over Leao if we had to offload one of them.

Calhanoglu must go. Without him we can easily play multiple formations including 442 even if we sign De Paul.

Calhanoglu is not worth 6m salary. I would give that to Kessie in a heartbeat. I would also make Kessie captain.

Dalot and Meite will be at Milan next season.

dejan10
dejan10
27 days ago

Whaaaaaat, Gattuso has been sacked?? Again. Did not see that one coming at the beginning of the season.

Reply to  dejan10

…BRUH.

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  Milan10

I hope you know I was being sarcastic 😉 That guy’s just not a coach. Apparently Napoli were playing like we used to when he was in charge – running around like a bunch of clueless dopes who’ve never played football before.

Reply to  dejan10

haha i know. i said that because i felt ur kicking rinopatriots a.k.a. les midtables while theyre down and out. its too much. for tarantino’s sake, please let them mourn in peace

calm down
calm down
27 days ago

Congratulations! Forza Milan!. But boy, Hakan is bad. I will be devastated seeing the team heading into the CL with him as a starter. Hope he will keep refusing the 4m offered to him. I wouldn’t bother offering him any sort of extention.

Carlo Gambino
Carlo Gambino
26 days ago

Be a part of the best Ac Milan WhatsApp group “Forza Milan”
Add up 08131515005

For the best news/updates/video/discussion/blogs

#Forza Milan

Carlo Gambino
Carlo Gambino
26 days ago

Be a part of the best Ac Milan WhatsApp group “Forza Milan”
Add up +2348131515005

For the best news/updates/video/discussion/blogs

#Forza Milan

Ted
Ted
26 days ago

Well the core is there, few signings like proper RW and ST and we’ll have ourselves quite the first 11. The core and structure of 4231 in my opinion:

Maignan (Donna’s out face it)
Cala-Kjaer-Tomori-Theo
Tonali-Kessie
???-Bennacer-Rebić
???

Yes, Bennacer would an ideal CAM for me. He has the right energy to cover complete midfield and is attacking minded with good vision, quite similar to Verratti.

Last edited 26 days ago by Ted
Reply to  Ted

Milan just signed Mike Maignan for 15m on a 3m per year for a 5yr contract. Let the evolution begins. Really tired of Dollarumma and Raiola drama over money.

This is the right move by Milan.

Next out the door is Calhanoglu with De Paul from Udinese replacing him.

Renzo
Renzo
Reply to  ZionTrain

I don’t mind Donna leaves, maignan looks a good goalkeeper.. but I’m sooooo sad and angry Milan must have got something for such a quality player to leave, free transfer for a player like Donna just makes me fu..kin angry.. especially if he goes to a team like Juventus

Last edited 26 days ago by Renzo
Reply to  Renzo

Don’t worry we will save money on his salary and we will get rid of his brother too who is earning 1m per year for doing absolutely nothing. I’m actually happy Donnarumma is leaving. Mike Maignan had 21 clean sheets. He’s good and Milan made a smart move to go for him instead of signing another keeper. I believe Romagnoli and Calhanoglu will leave next. But if we sign Loic Bade from Pens who is a very good left footed defender we won’t miss Romagnoli. De Paul looks set to replace Calhanoglu. I hope Ikone or Berardi replace Castellijo. We… Read more »

Reply to  ZionTrain

I think we will be so much stronger next season with a striker, right winger. We were only a threat down the left and to think we were bossing the league till covid/injuries and fixtures caught up with us not having a quality bench. Those 2 signings and a few more for depth we will be looking good. I’m confident we will be one place better in league next season!

Reply to  Nesta1

Totally agree. Now is the time for Milan to really strengthen the squad. Qualifying for champions league was tough but it will be tougher to continue qualifying every season.

Just look at Lazio and Napoli. They couldn’t maintain top 4 finish because it’s harder every season.

Next season will be harder now especially since Roma has Mourinho there will be more competition for top 4 next season.

26 days ago

Wow donnaruma has really let us and all of Italy down. Oh well, we are getting Mike M. And he has more clean sheets anyways. Add on to how good Milan’s keeper training is, he will only get better. I really want Donna to stay but enough is enough

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Yeah. I wanted him to stay too but I got really tired of the drama from Dollarumma and Raiola. He will regret it too. He is the highest paid keeper and he wants more money. That’s just being greedy and ungrateful.

Milan made Dollarumma who is. He should some respect to the club that launched his career.

Mike Maignan will only get better at Milan and we don’t have to put up with Raiola antics anymore.

Reply to  ZionTrain

Yup I agree. Man wouldn’t it be great if we go far in ucl and win the serie A. He would look beyond foolish. He will regret it for sure. No top team needs him now. Maybe psg since navas is getting old but no one else needs him and no one will pay raiola and donnas dad commission

Renzo
Renzo
26 days ago

Lots of time I miss old days when footballers were playing real football for their shirts.. regardless the clubs I have lots of respect for old guys: Maldini, Giggs, Gerard, Zanetti, Totti, del Piero, etcccc … even Buffon (a legend gk in all time football) .. what the fuck is wrong with new generation!!!!

Last edited 26 days ago by Renzo
Reply to  Renzo

The problem is they get agents like raiola who only care about themselves. If he can move his clients, it’s more money for them. And these kids have no clue how to grow up and be men.

26 days ago

I think Milan don’t need to waste time with signings. We got a great replacement for gigi. Raid Lillie again for ikone, go get a great cam and a fw. Anyone know how much dybala could leave for? He would be fantastic for us. If not, then de Paul and my personal preference, Brandt from Dortmund. As for forward, out of all the options, I’d guess belotti, but I’d also say get daka as well to play off him. That’s 2 good goal scorers for no more than 50 mil combined

TruRossoneri
TruRossoneri
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Would be great if we could get Dybala. With Gigi almost gone we can divert his wages to Dybala or another good forward. I am not sure Juve would sell him to us though and even if they do the price would be steep.

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

I would really love dybala in milan to take over the number 10 from chan

26 days ago

WE NOW RETURN TO LIKE MILAN10 SAID PROGRAM “TONITE ON LIKE MILAN10 SAID “Milan10 1 month ago Reply to Agustinar …speaking of musso, like i said, there are so many good young gk in serie a now just like in good old days. musso, cragno, silvestri, meret, hell even fit strakosha to name a few. milan should use them as bargaining chip in donna’s contract ext negotiations with mino. donna clearly said he wants to stay but 10 m/yr is idiotic so if mino wants to fvvk around then just target those gk to call his bluff” well, apparently maldini… Read more »

Milanellofm
Milanellofm
26 days ago

So reports are that maignan has landed in milan and is ready to sign a 5 year contract. I have to give it to Maldini and massara, they have balls. After donnarumma and pigaiola basically tried to hold them for ransom with ridiculous numbers they showed how easy it is to get replaced. If your not fully convinced after qualifying for champions League then just leave. Maignan had an incredible season and he’s up to the task. The best thing about a gk position is that there’s always alternatives. I’m upset that we won’t make any money off him but… Read more »

Terry
Terry
Reply to  Milanellofm

Personally, I would prefer if Donnarumma stays, but he wants to go, then he should leave. Also same with Hakan. Personally if Hakan doesn’t cut down his wage demands, he should go as well.

Gbenga AJOSE
Gbenga AJOSE
Reply to  Milanellofm

The most painful part is he is leaving is boyhood club without allowing us to make a single penny from him ! Even with him potentially becoming the permanent captain. This Donnarubbish is heartless !!!!!!

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
26 days ago

Well, after the celebrations calm down a bit, the hangover disappearing, it’s time to take stock. There’s obviously a lot to consider for next season. First of, all of those shouting scudetto must remember its more important that we finish at the CL positions again. Of course we must aim for the opt, but currently we’re far off from the best squads in serie a. We made 2nd place due to our amazing run in the first round, but our second round was only slightly above average (albeit our clutch finishing in the last 5 games). I read all the… Read more »

Ted
Ted
26 days ago

Wouldn’t be surprised or even angry if Dollarumma signs with Juve, he did backstab Inter in favour for Milan at the time. Remember he was suppose to sign contract with Inter but he never showed up and instead secretly signed with Milan. Be gone little Judah, you and your greedy pig agent!

Reply to  Ted

Unfortunately we share stadium with inter but if he joins juventus well then i seriously hope some milan fans burn down allianz stadium or atleast set it a blaze. Only italian club ill accept him joining is napoli and that is on the reason that he is born in that area.

Reply to  Ted

Just read the deal Donna wanted would have been 80 million with agent fees etc over 5 years. So offset signing of new keeper is a saving of 50 million roughly. I can’t believe Donna came through ranks is our captain and we are now in champions league and could win title next season and he wants to leave.he could have been a milan legend and made record appearances for us smh. I think the deal killer was fat agent wanting 20 million commission which is insane, the same problem man u are having with same agent and pogba.

Rosso Joburg
Rosso Joburg
Reply to  Ted

This could be hilarious.
Juve sign Donna for 10m a season. Have Szczesny for 7m until 2024.
They realise Szczesny is actually more well rounded keeper.
No one else needs or can afford either of them.
They then wonder why they are in financial crisis.

Oluwashevy
26 days ago

Donna can go if he wishes to soldier go soldier come Army barracks still remain The same in essence Donna is not bigger than the club we have had best and good keepers that as come and go and even won trophies with us as well so we good he can go and Milan will still be Milan and we the fans are gonna stand for our club forza Milan just want a good transfer to be made this mercato

SOHEIL
SOHEIL
26 days ago

10m in five years means 50m. 15 + 15m in salary means 30m for a goalkeeper that is obviously more stable that Donna.

The bad part is that our rookie management caused us to lose such a capital gain. No player should be allowed to reach his final years of contract. I hope Maldini learn from this and don’t let it happen again. Any player that doesn’t want to sign, should be sold ASAP.

Mickey
Mickey
Reply to  SOHEIL

They should sell kessie also because is contract is approaching final year, Milan won’t succeed, with this small club mentality project, we are not lille nor arsenal nor Dortmund nor Napoli, we are Europe elite club, we are suppose to be the highest level a player can play with the best facilities, most ambitious and best salary club. that where we should return to, if the best player want to come then we got to offer them a big salary, and not some nonsense salary cap, English club are going to dominate Europe for a long time because they are… Read more »

26 days ago

Very disappointed Donna is leaving, I really hoped he would be part of the new era of success. It’s so important to have home grown players in the squad!

He and that pig Raiola are just greedy.
We shud never do business with him again.

Thankfully we have players like Kjaer, Calabria and Kessie who love the Club and fight with all their hearts for it!

Kessie for captain please!

26 days ago

Looks like dortmund are in for ikone to replace sancho who they expect to leave. Let’s hope we move fast on any transfer like we have with keeper situation

Reply to  Nesta1

Yup I mentioned that last week. Milan seriously can’t pass up the chance to get ikone. He’s only fuckin 30 mil! This is what I mean when I say Milan take to damn long! Look how fast we moved for a gk and yet the biggest prob in Jan was a rw and fw! I get we are linked with that youngsters from ligue2 but ikone is def better. If we can’t afford him at 30 mil then something is wrong

26 days ago

Im furious and neither will or can i forgive Donnarumma IF all of this holds up to the truth, In my book he will end up as the most hated AC Milan player ever to grace our shirt when he actually could have become a Milan legend and maybe even become the player with most games under his belt for the club. I for one will hope him to fail in everything he does and every time he steps on the field ill hope he gets injured so his career ends prematurely and preferably David Busst style. Piece of shit… Read more »

Last edited 26 days ago by Martin Bernhard
26 days ago

I also blame management for this too because if a player doesn’t want to renew we should SELL them immediately and NOT let their contracts run out like we did with Donnarumma and Calhanoglu.

That is a big mistake and this shows bad recruitment strategy and poor planning.

This is UNACCEPTABLE from management. I’m was relieved that we were able to sign Mike Maignan quickly as a replacement.

Reply to  ZionTrain

Even though i generally appreciate the management of the club i agree they failed massively in this department but if im off to do a bit of speculation i think the player has always expressed his will to extend his contract but might have been speaking with two tongues all the way in his hunt for more cash. This could be the reason but yeah we should NEVER let contracts run down so far and at this point i agree in hindsight he should have been sold last summer even if only for 20-30 mil. Im a bit curious though… Read more »

Reply to  ZionTrain

I personally think Donnarumma deserves the 12 mil/season salary, his performances are nearly superhuman and our management should secure his services ASAP if there is a chance. The problem is Raiola and his 20 mil commission demand. We are in no position to pay a parasite at the moment.

Elliotazzuri
Elliotazzuri
26 days ago

Fuck you, if the kid want to leave let him go, why are you wishing him bad will like a child, he has serve us for 9years since when we where nothing to now, and he left us in a good time and position, if he wants a promotion let him have it, mate he is a worker he is not self employed, he has plans for is future like you and me, who doesn’t want a bigger pay check forget football this is life mate, it not like he said he won’t sign a contract with Milan, if Milan… Read more »

Forzamilan
Forzamilan
Reply to  Elliotazzuri

You are right, dollaruma serve us well he gave us hope when they was none,he was at our club doing the most trying time even when our ownership was unstable he stayed I wish him good luck

SempreMilan
SempreMilan
Reply to  Elliotazzuri

I will not forget the 2016 super cup, or the friendly against Madrid, or the first time I saw you in a Milan shirt, I was like who is this tall goalie where did we get him from, since that time you have always been my favourite player, I can’t play football manager or FIFA without having you in my squad, good bye donnaruma will definitely miss you

Mickey
Mickey
Reply to  Elliotazzuri

I was angry at first but then I realized, I can’t let the fact am angry make me throw away all what donnaruma has done for Milan for us, it a shame things have to end this way but I will still respect him for what he did for Milan #penalty save king #donnaruma

Reply to  Mickey

Let’s settle things here and now. I read people saying all what he did for the club as if he doesn’t get paid. No one is happy about his departure except those who thinks there blood is blue and not red. But, i think the club did more for him than the other way round. Even tottenham hotspur with all the youth they gathered wouldn’t play a 16yr old goalkeeper in their squad

Reply to  Elliotazzuri

No fuck you Elliotazzuri and im certainly not your mate so stick a sock in it if you wanna be rude to me, and in regard of money well when professing his love for the club and holds us for ransom while getting paid big cash since 2017 when he was a kid its not serving us its milking the club. Funny enough costacurta who is an actual club legend even he said he should stop kissing the club badge if he didnt want to renew his contract. Add to that he wouldnt have had his debut in any bigger… Read more »

25 days ago

It hasn’t gotten to this. We shouldn’t wish anyone bad luck. He’s human and he’s made his decisions so good luck to him. I had wish he would be a legend in milan, he was close, but he decided to board another plane

Reply to  Jayboy

Generally i would agree Jayboy and its not really my style to be this agressive in my posts as most people will know around here unless trolling me but i pretty much stand by what i said yesterday and im certainly not gonna wish him well today either or in the future. Ive supported milan for a bit over 30 years and donnarumma is the player that has broken my heart the most, not that he has been the best player leaving far from it or even my favourite goalkeeper as my favourite still are rossi but the fact that… Read more »

Last edited 25 days ago by Martin Bernhard
Joey
Joey
26 days ago

Finally we’re back in the champions league

26 days ago

Afther watching a couple of different RW, I want to say that Milan MUST get Ikone if they want to improve. He is perfect for the curent tactic and he is young and relativley cheap at around 30mil. Bad news is Dortmund are showing interest as well. This manadgment has to stop lossing transfer battles if they really want to improve the team. Again Ikone is a must and should be Milan number 1 target. He will compensate Rebic on the left flank perfectly. The young League 2 prospect Adil is simmilar to Samu in a way with better shooting… Read more »

Reply to  Rossi

Exactly. I’ve been watching Lille and I always watch Ajax. Ikone, neres and Antony are the best rw possible to get. All 3 are fast, skillful, can cross, dribble and score. These 3 guys need to come. Milan is again wasting time like always. They only move with urgency when it comes to dm, defenders and gk. But when it comes to attack, we move in slow motion. Idgaf if we are linked with 10000000 players. Not acting on a single one is the same as not even scouting them. Ikone is 30 mil. We spent 35 on that trash… Read more »

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

I would prefer Ikone to be honest, he has more physical strenght. Something that is crucial for seria A. Neres is more techical player and he might get bulied in Seria A. Anthony looks interesting however but he is the same price as Ikone who is more proven. I just think that Ikone has that drive to pull forword with force like Rebic, and if we add Belotti up front who has similar drive and strenght like them, it will be very hard for defences to stop an attack with such caracteristics.

Reply to  Rossi

Exactly, I would go ikone, then Antony and then neres in that order. We have many options in forward. Belotti, icardi, Tammy. All are very good, tall, strong and can score goals. What do you think about also getting daka to pair with them. He’s only 20 mil. He’s fast asf and can score. We could have our own lukaku and Martinez pairing.

26 days ago

-Tomori will be redeemed. -Krunic, Samu and Conti needs to be sold. But easier said than done. There are no suitors. -Dalot should be redeemed if possible but it’s not in our hand. If he leaves, we should just use Laxalt. He can hold his ground and would be ideal as a backup to Theo. Not to mention we have Kalulu to fill the gaps in our left and right flanks. Along with Gabbia and Caldara, we are set for now on defense. -Hakan and Donna situation is uncertain. They could renew or leave. Regardless, we should consider the worst… Read more »

Reply to  milan4lyf

I think Milan should cash in on Leao. Especially if we can get Tammy Abraham. No need for a Leao. Trust me, Rebic and Hauge are better.

Reply to  ZionTrain

I do agree that Rebic and Hauge are better. But Leao has an insane amount of potential which counts for something right? We should give him a chance. I am all in for Hauge. That boy is gonna be a superstar. There is a reason why Maldini rushed to get him. I trust Capitano’s judgement.

Reply to  milan4lyf

Leao does have a crap ton of potential, but so did niang. Leao is a lazier version of niang. When leao plays to his potential he’s a beast, buuut he only does that for about 5% of the game. He’s been here 2 years and he literally has not changed a thing about himself since joining.

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Leao is basically a LW, not a striker. We had to use him as a Striker because no one else in our squad possesses the characteristics of a striker but Leao, plus his height. Moreover I don’t agree that he is lazy. His Stats say the exact opposite of what you said mate. He scored 6 goals and made 6 assists in 22 matches. I wouldn’t compare him to Niang. But yeah, his performances aren’t what we are looking for in a striker worthy of a UCL team. He at best has two more season in Milan to prove himself

Last edited 25 days ago by milan4lyf
Reply to  ZionTrain

I agree, leao needs to go. If we can sell Roman and leao for 25-30 mil each, that’s a lot of extra cash. Tammy I think should be one of our top striker options. Speed, power, goals and good footwork. Much better options that giroud. All ikone on the right and now we finally have a team fast enough to play the 4231. And we can switch to a 352 or 343 formation

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Yep. Totally agree.

Reply to  ZionTrain

Regarding Leao, i think we should keep him for one more season as a back up for Rebic on the LW. He is still only 21years old. If he dosent show any improvment as a winger either next season, then definetly sell him.

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

I think leao just need the right guidance which pioli isn’t offering him. As much as rashford is good, he’s still inconsistent despite being in the limelight for 7yrs now. Mbappe, with his superstar statue, also disappoint in some games. We can’t continue to regret over a player been sold and becoming a superstar elsewhere. I believe 95% of fans here would have sold kessie just 2yrs ago, look at him now? We’ve got to be patient with players. We can’t afford the mbappe’s and the rest so we need to make use of what we have. At the end,… Read more »

Reply to  Jayboy

Absolutely agree with you. I don’t think Leao is bad. 6 goals and 6 assists in 22 games cannot be bad. Selling a player who performed like that even being played out of position most of the time due to lack of a striker would not be a clever move. Leao deserves the chance to perform in a full squad where he doesn’t have to fill a striker’s shoes, specially Zlatan’s shoes.

Reply to  ZionTrain

Leap is a player no director in his right mental state would sell

Reply to  milan4lyf

I pretty much agree with your very comprehensive assessment!

26 days ago

We should have a look at some cheap transfers as well to fill in some holes. Mikitarian from Roma was prob the best AM last season in Italy (19goals and 10assists). We can get him for free and his sallary shouldnt be big. Ilicic is another cheap player who can help with rotations and improve the quality and depth of the squad. We should splash some cash for a good CF however.

Reply to  Rossi

Yeah. Why’s no one talking about benfica’s darwin nunez? That guy is gonna be a beast

26 days ago

I’m getting worried Milan really want giroud. We are going to pass up much better options with players who will be at the top longer.

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

I hope we don’t get him, now we in champions league there is no reason we can’t buy quality players. He knows we need a top striker when zlatan not fit, and a world class right winger at least. Then we can add a few more for squad depth so we don’t suffer like this season and probably cost us league title

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

I hope they are not planing for Zlatan/Giroud to be our CFs next season. That would be a huge disapointment from this menagmant. Menwhile Roma alreday made an offer for Belotti of 15mil. Btw i took a look at Daka. For 20mil he would be a steal. Top class finnishing and he uses his weeker foot as well, plus he is young. Very well rounded player, it infact reminds in a way of younger Belotti lol.

Reply to  Rossi

Darwin nunez of benfica is my pick above the rest. He’s a combination of Suarez and cavani

Reply to  Rossi

Yes I’ve been tryin to tell everyone about daka. It’s hard to watch Salzburg due to watching the other leagues, but I can say he’s a goal machine, fast, skillful as well. Get belotti and daka. Both are cheap and can score. They would be perfect to play off eachother. This is a no brainer

Sam
Sam
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

I love to see Belotti or any young striker in Milan, but it seems hard to realise. The problem imo is that milan still see Ibra as their main striker. 7mio/year is huge amount of money to pay for a backup striker.therefore i think milan will only look for low cost Ibras deputy. Giroud is out of contract this summer.
I don’t really like how we still count on Ibra. We should really have younger striker.

Reply to  Sam

Your right but this management is again playing a dangerous game. For the first time in at least 10 years, there are players that are very good, who are going for 30/35 mil or less and we as usual will pass them up! Brobbey(already at Leipzig) belotti, daka, malen, all 35 mil or less. Then you got ikone, thauvin(already at tigers) Antony, neres are all 35 or less! Then you have Brandt who I believe is under 30 from Dortmund. Milan are taking too long! We literally shot gunned Mike M. When Donna wasn’t signing so what’s the hold up… Read more »