Ibra suffers from a blunt trauma to his right leg, the Swede striker is trying recover for the Shamrock Rovers game

Zlatan Ibrahimović during training at Milanello. (@acmilan.com)

Zlatan Ibrahimović missed the last two friendlies but there’s hope he’ll make it to Thursday’s Europa League encounter.

Ibrahimović extended his contract with Milan for one more season and the Rossoneri are counting on the 38-year-old to be their starting striker in 2020-21.

The Diavolo today beat Brescia 3-1 at Milanello and they did so without Zlatan, who sat out of the game.

The reason for Ibra’s absence, as reported by Milannews.it, is that Ibrahimović is recovering from a blunt trauma to his right leg. In fact, the former LA Galaxy man is trying to get ready for Thursday’s game against Shamrock Rovers (20:00 CEST kickoff) and was out today as a precaution.

Should Ibra not be able to compete against Shamrock, it will be interesting to see whether Stefano Pioli gives Lorenzo Colombo a start. The 18-year-old scored again today in the Brescia friendly.

Milan Boy
Milan Boy
17 days ago

I hope he gets well but I have hope on Colombo, he is very prospective, we don’t need a second striker let us give priority to buying a center back and another midfielder

Milan Boy
Milan Boy
17 days ago
Reply to  Milan Boy

With improvement we see in Calabria and Kalulu we can test run them until January and see what becomes of them. The cup seems half full to me.

Delvin
Delvin
17 days ago

yeah it was just preseason and meant nothing but it’s still quite obvious for those who wanna be truthful and not delusional that to really challenge for top 4, We definitely need an alternative for ibra, I like Colombo, but That Kid’s Ain’t Ready Yet. we Need A Better RW Who’s Consistent And a Good CB. I Trust in Calabria I know it’s stupid to say but I do and Theo Is Ever Reliable So For Now I will Take these 3 Signings and be Happy to wait till Jan To Again Try to improve the squad if it lacks… Read more »

T-Mash
T-Mash
17 days ago

We should have signed petagna from Spal. His physicality and technical skills fits perfectly and was relatively cheap…
As for now i think that first we should focus on a high quality CB, then on a right winger (chiesa would be perfect and if not then deulofeu) and after that completing the midfield with Soumare (I think he will become the next pogba in few years).
Finally, if an opportunity rises within the market then we could grab Ibra’s deputy. If not we have Leao, Rebic and Colombo who can eventually play in Ibra’s position if needed.

Last edited 17 days ago by T-Mash
Milan Boy
Milan Boy
17 days ago
Reply to  T-Mash

I don’t see any appreciable difference between Petagna and Colombo that justifies spending money on petagna when you have Zlatan’s heir apparent in Colombo

17 days ago

what the hell is this bs news? everyone knows zlatan doesnt get injured, injuries get zlataned

Agustinar