Report: Milan and Chelsea have an agreement in principle over Bakayoko, personal terms haven’t been agreed yet

Tiémoué Bakayoko before Milan-Dudelange on November 29, 2018 at San Siro. (MIGUEL MEDINA/AFP via Getty Images)

There are conflicting reports over what slows down Tiémoué Bakayoko’s move to Milan at the moment.

The name of Bakayoko is written at the top of Paolo Maldini’s notebook and he’s been negotiating with Chelsea for quite some time in order to reach a deal.

According to a report from Sky Italia’s Gianluca Di Marzio, the Rossoneri and the Blues have in fact reached an agreement in principle over the 26-year-old. The basis of the agreement is a €3 million loan with an option to buy for €30 million.

Di Marzio claims that the problem currently lies in the salary of the player: while there is an understanding with Bakayoko over his salary in the year of the loan, there is not yet a deal over how much he would be getting at Milan should the Diavolo decide to use their option to buy.

The Sky journalist believes that this is the step missing to close the deal and this is why Milan are looking at alternatives such as Boubakary Soumaré of Lille and Florentino Luís of Benfica.

Reading this morning’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, however, journalist Marco Fallisi writes that there has been a slowdown in the talks for Bakayoko due to the fact that Milan are still trying to lower the demands of Chelsea, as the Rossoneri would like to pay less than €30 million for the 26-year-old.

Whatever is true, it’s clear that Milan want another midfielder and are working to get one.

Gbenga AJOSE
Gbenga AJOSE
25 days ago

We don’t even know which information to believe anymore. But I don’t want to believe it’s Bakayoko that’s delaying the transfer.
For those of you who believe MIlan doesn’t need another Mildfielder, almost all the news sources are reporting that we are indeed chasing Bakayoko. So if there is no need why does the management want this deal closed ? There is something up the sleeve.

Rosoner666
Rosoner666
25 days ago
Reply to  Gbenga AJOSE

Paolo will surprise us soon … he prepares something for us ….

We all feel like it’s going to be our year .

With Juventus having new coach and changing the midfield completely ,Maybe they won’t gel straight away .

Inter having bastoni and devrij injured in the beginning of the season …

It could be our year , but we need the right players which hopefully Maldini will get for us .

Plus we need to start positive with wins .

Agustinar
Agustinar
25 days ago
Reply to  Rosoner666

I hope you’re right. Now is our year. I hope Ibra doesn’t get injured. We must prepare for this risk

Ahmad
Ahmad
25 days ago

I believe what maldini Will due but I think bakayoko is not type of Rossonery player but I hope to be succeed in Milano Foza milan

Meer-1
Meer-1
25 days ago

If there is no African cup of nations why are we linked with Bakayoko….we have three players for dm position….i believe it might be a look in the future, wrap up Bakayoko now and sell Ismaël next year for hefty profit and cover cost for both tonali and Baka at same time with out messing the line up….because one year is more than enough for players to gel….but we need one cb and proven goal scorer for rw noways Díaz or Samu or salesmakers are enough for rw postion…..we need some one at rw who get provide us with some… Read more »

Gapharr
Gapharr
25 days ago
Reply to  Meer-1

I would have support your reason but you said something which I won’t like or should I say I hate, why would you say that Milan should sell Ismael Bennaccer in the next so this shows that you are an intruder you never love my Milan… I guess you only pretending that you… But if you do love my Milan and sorry to say you made a big mistake by saying that Ismael Bennaccer should be sold next season… A real Milan fans must have known the ongoing project… We set for future and believe me the chance will open… Read more »

Meer-1
Meer-1
25 days ago
Reply to  Gapharr

I didn’t say Milan will sell it’s just my own assumption like see now we play with two dm and we already got three players rights I mean starters with Baka it’s 4…..how will you rotate and keep every one happy…second reason the loan amount we have to pay tonali loan which is 15m and then Baka which will be 20 if we are lucky then we got Rebic to sort out this means 35m plus straight for loans only which leads we have to sell to buy next summer because we only got ffp rules relax for this season… Read more »

Gab
Gab
25 days ago
Reply to  Meer-1

Milan are going to buy to sell. Milan will buy to build a team. The only players to be sold are those not playing to expectations.

Agustinar
Agustinar
25 days ago

Florentina Luis is very good in tackling and ball interception like Baka. But Florentina is better in agility, speed, technical ability. Baka is better in aerial ability.

Ruskin
25 days ago

I think milan should forget about Baka ,if Chelsea are feeling too important with their redundant player then let them keep him and watch his contract run out ,with or without bakayoko I see milan playing good football this season,how can we buy bakayoko for over 30mil when there are better and smarter players with cool head

Deku
Deku
24 days ago
Reply to  Ruskin

agreed, a lot of disrespect being shown towards us and I think we should circumvent both Chelsea and Fiorentina. Just get Orsolini and Locatelli/Diawara and let’s call it. Well then we also need to pursue CB, but yeah.

Shuaibu Ashiru
Shuaibu Ashiru
24 days ago

Hurry get bakayoko to milan he did well