Ibrahimović: “You think that I’m done and that my career will soon be over? You don’t know me, I’m just warming up”

Zlatan Ibrahimović before Milan-Atalanta at Stadio San Siro on July 24, 2020. (@imagoimages)

Zlatan Ibrahimović has posted an interesting message on social media, possibly hinting at his future.

Ibrahimović joined the club for a second stint on a six-month contract in January and has helped inspire the club to a significant improvement in terms of performances and results.

The importance of Zlatan has been highlighted by all – from his teammates to coach Pioli, who will be staying next year. However, it still remains to be seen if he’ll play for the Diavolo also next year, as contract talks have yet to begin between the parties.

There have been many rumours about Ibra in the last few weeks, with some claiming he could retire from football all together, while other say that if he doesn’t stay at Milan then he’d return to Sweden to play for Hammarby Fotboll – a club that he’s a part owner of.

Today, the 38-year-old went on social media to post the following message, voiced over a video of him highlighting his skills from the last years:

“So you think that I’m done. That my career will soon be over. You don’t know me. All my life I had to fight. No one believed in me, so I had to believe in myself. Some people wanted to break me, some people wanted to break me, but they only made me stronger. Others wanted to exploit me, they only made me smarter. And now you think I’m done? To all of you, I only have one thing to say: I’m not like you, because I’m not you. I am Zlatan Ibrahimović. And I’m just warming up!”

Agustinar
Agustinar
16 days ago

Stay another year!

Zion Train
Zion Train
16 days ago

If Milan uses Ibrahimović sparingly to help Leao develop then I’m all for it. That means Leao would be our starter with Ibrahimovic coming off the bench. If this is not the case and Milan want to rely on Ibrahimović who will turn 39 yrs old this year then it would be a big mistake. We should also take the same approach with Kjær and bring someone younger to play alongside Romagnoli like Ajer with Kjær as an experience backup. We cannot rely on Ibrahimović and Kjær to play a full season at their age. As for Biglia and Bonaventura,… Read more »

16 days ago
Reply to  Zion Train

lol take a slow deep breath once in a while mate, u’ll live longer. kris “better than inzaghi” is long gone, discount klopp aint coming and arsenal youth project 2.0 is abandoned for a better, competitive milan. all hail the ibra lion king. in maldini we trust

alexmilan55
alexmilan55
13 days ago
Reply to  Milan10

How about De Paul better than Calhanoglu ? Lool

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
14 days ago
Reply to  Zion Train

Mate, too many new arrivals and too many decent players designated for the bench. We are not at Real Madrid’s level yet. If Tonali arrives, he will be designated as a starter. Same thing goes for Zlatan.

Besides, Leao hasn’t shown (me at least) that he’s ready to lead the frontline of a top 4 seria a team. Don’t get me wrong the kid is talented for sure, but definitely lacks a few glaring things that prevent him currently from becoming a top striker.

Rosso Joburg
Rosso Joburg
14 days ago
Reply to  Zion Train

Hmmm. What about Deulofeu as Watford has been relegated? Could get him for a bargain.

alexmilan55
alexmilan55
13 days ago
Reply to  Rosso Joburg

He broke his ligaments, he is not a solution anymore

Rosso Joburg
Rosso Joburg
7 days ago
Reply to  alexmilan55

Sad to hear that.

Ashraf
16 days ago

U dead and over i never saw worse than ibrahimovic slow lazy unmotivated player plz go away

TheyehBoii
TheyehBoii
16 days ago
Reply to  Ashraf

Try to be that active at that age , retard giving opinions

alexmilan55
alexmilan55
13 days ago
Reply to  Ashraf

This is a kind of hater ! Ibra changed Milan and Pioli himself ! Milan’s mentality is optimal now because of Ibra !

Ted
Ted
16 days ago

Hope he stays another year for the sake of this young team. He’s hard and demanding I see that in matches but the lads speak really highly of him both on and off the field

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
14 days ago

Zlatan is a very interesting case- On the one hand, it’s clear he’s past his prime and he gave some real mediocre performances on the pitch this season. On the other hand, it’s impossible to not see how everyone else improved once he arrived. Milan seem to always have the right attitude on the pitch since Zlatan is back, even more so after the resumption. He’s value in the locker room is priceless, and I honestly don’t remember a single player having more influence on a squad’s mentality as him (Cantona comes to mind, but I still don’t think he… Read more »

alexmilan55
alexmilan55
13 days ago
Reply to  Baresis Dream

I don’t agree at all that he had mediocre performances, he was really good except one or two games, he always had chances to score, he always wins his battles upfront, sometimes he is superficial with his passing and don’t let Hakan to take the free kicks !