Milan: “There have not been any positive cases of COVID-19 based on tests done on first team players and staff”

Milan’s special-edition kit for the 120 anniversary. (@acmilan.com)

The Rossoneri have been back training for three days and the club confirmed today that despite the rumours and Paolo Scaroni’s confusing words, there are no cases of COVID-19 in the club.

It is still unknown when or if the current Serie A season will be back, as the Coronavirus still very much exists in the world and in Italy in particular.

However, Milan got back to training this week with many of the players back at Milanello and more arriving in the next weeks (Zlatan Ibrahimović is expected back in Italy from Sweden on Monday and will then be in quarantine for 14 days before joining his teammates, while Franck Kessié is ‘stuck’ in Ivory Coast due to flight issues.).

There were reports in the Italian media over the past 48 hours that there are positive COVID-19 cases at Milan. These reports were seemingly confirmed by President Paolo Scaroni, who stated that “we have some infected players on the mend, but the two Maldinis are now doing well.”

However, the club released this official statement on Saturday: “Milan confirms that, based on all medical tests carried out to date on First Team players and staff, there have not been any positive cases of Covid-19. Players will continue their individual training program at Milanello and medical screenings will be completed for all players and staff reporting for training over the coming days.”

While training to get back on the field, the club also works on next season and the main candidate to be the coach in the 2020/21 season undoubtedly remains the German Ralf Rangnick.

Raven
Raven
26 days ago

Honestly, I’m against restarting the league. We have 22 men on the pitch who loves spitting. So… football is one of those sports who the entire team might be infected. Imagine if we start the league just to see 10 of our first team sick.

What are they waiting for? To see if the body creates immunity of the virus so the sport can start? No, it’s not that easy. Health comes first.

Musaanku22
Musaanku22
26 days ago

We are hello welcome rangnick, you hope rangnick will bring milan back again, like ancelotti at milan, by the gread of god, ilove you milan and fans a round the world, forza milan

Ted
Ted
25 days ago

Well I’m pretty sure the virus won’t just vanish over the night. It could become a seasonal illness just like the flu. We’ll just need to learn how to live with it or vaccinate our a*ses every year with god knows what.

This said, I hope you are all safe and sound my fellow milanisti.

Raven
Raven
25 days ago

Lets debate:

On May 13, it will be discussed how to re-start the league.

Sampdoria, Torino, Fiorentina and Milan has at least 10 positives.

Do you think Serie A must be: Cancelled, Suspended or follow the Bundesliga approach.

I’ve read somewhere that coaches are demanding at least a month before re-starting the league, some players are getting injuries due to lack of fitness.

Raven
Raven
25 days ago
Reply to  Raven

I say, that the best option is cancelling the league, (feel sorry for Lazio).

Take a look at how many players falls sick due to flu on winter, now imagine COVID-19 which spreads more easily.

Playoffs will always be unfair, for example, we still got to face Lazio, Roma, Juventus, Napoli, Atalanta. And the rest are direct competitors. The same would be alleged by the teams on 14th through 18th.

A finale in a month may be a good option to decide who keeps the scudetto. But what if Lazio says, but look, we have 6 injured and 3 sick.

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
25 days ago
Reply to  Raven

Hey Raven long time no see and hope you and your loved ones are doing well at health. Personally i couldnt care less if the league is just abandoned for this year as we are aren’t really playing for anything else than an europa league spot so in my eyes the season has allready ended regardless if its restarted or not. On the other hand if the season is re-started i think serie a teams and players should be forced into a retreat where all the remaining matches is played over a fairly short time of for example one month.… Read more »

Raven
Raven
24 days ago

Martin, my man, I live in a communist country, like no one wants to come here there are very few cases of COVID, also I work online so me and my family are doing good. I hope you are doing well too. What you are suggesting is what the League will decide IMO, but we will see a complete mess of injured and infected players. Also there has been talks of allowing just 300 VIP to attend the matches. Nothing looks good. I think that is the teams who should decide, teams who does not have anything to fight should… Read more »

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
24 days ago
Reply to  Raven

Ok good to hear that all is well regardless of the circuimstances and yeah im doing well as well just getting a bit borred as the cabin fever starts to strike in. May i ask where you are from when you say you live in a communist country ? I think it could be done fine if all teams and its players, staff, cooks etc are kept under a strict lockdown for the entire time and something in the vein of an olympic city is created for the event. if everyone gets tested before it starts and no-one is leaving… Read more »

Raven
Raven
24 days ago

I rather not to reveal my country, I’ve had a lot of BS before, I trust you, but I don’t trust all the trolls that visit this website. I’m South American.

The situation where I live is hard and painful enough to have someone ignorant of the horrors making fun.

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
24 days ago
Reply to  Raven

Ok thats fair enough and no problem as i was just intriqued to hear where that might be but you are propably right that it makes some sense in regard of some of the trolls frequenting this site. Personally i wouldnt mind visiting the communist/socialist countries of south america that i can think of but not so sure i’d love to live there permanently either. Anyways i think i can imagine where you are from so hope things soon get better for you and your country men.