Team news: Inter were without the suspended Tommaso Berni, Alessandro Bastoni and Lautaro Martínez, as well as without Roberto Gagliardini. Milan had to do without Léo Duarte and Rade Krunić. Kickoff time was 20:45 CET at Stadio San Siro.

Goals: Rebić (41′), Ibrahimović (45+1′), Brozović (51′), Vecino (53′), de Vrij (70′), Lukaku (93′).

F.C. Internazionale Milano (3-5-2) – Antonio Conte
Daniele Padelli; Diego Godín, Stefan de Vrij, Milan Škriniar; Antonio Candreva (80′ Victor Moses), Matías Vecino, Marcelo Brozović, Nicolò Barella, Ashley Young (94′ Cristiano Biraghi); Romelu Lukaku, Alexis Sánchez (72′ Christian Eriksen).
Unused: Handanović, Stankovic, D’Ambrosio, Ranocchia, Agoume, Asamoah, Borja Valero, Sensi, Esposito.

AC Milan (4-4-1-1) – Stefano Pioli
Gianluigi Donnarumma; Andrea Conti, Simon Kjær, Alessio Romagmoli, Theo Hernández; Samu Castillejo (80′ Rafael Leão), Franck Kessié, Ismaël Bennacer, Ante Rebić (84′ Giacomo Bonaventura); Hakan Çalhanoğlu; Zlatan Ibrahimović.
Bench: A. Donnarumma, Begović; Calabria, Gabbia, Laxalt, Musacchio, Biglia, Brescianini, Paquetá, Saelemaekers.

Referee: Fabio Maresca.

5 months ago

What we learned: – 4-2-3-1 is definitely the best formation for our attacking line. – As much as I like seeing Ibra playing for us but he is a short term solution. – Leao is not ready for Seria A. He should be loaned out. We need proven strikers. – Kjaer didn’t have a bad game but no loaned defender would be the answer to our problems. – Roma once again proved that he is not a world class defender. His lack of concentration was visible in the first two goals. – Conti is definitely useless in both attacking and… Read more »

peter
peter
Reply to  soheil balini

Nothing bad to say about kjaer, he is a world class defender, and always steps up for Denmark… Though very happy Eriksen and co won at intermilan today naturally!

As long as Kjaer keeps losing to Inter and Eriksen, but stays in shape for euro2020, we are happy here in Denmark! 😉

Reply to  peter

lemme guess, ur full name is peter puffer and u can suck out oil from the ground only with ur mouth and a hose?

5 months ago

first off, i have to say conte is marvellous coach. its not easy to pick urselves up after conceding 2 goals right at the end of the first half like that. he really has tenacity and winning mentality and it shows. also i might add, players like lukaku, eriksen etc all said they came to inter because of him, which means champion coach does attract quality players. regarding milan, i know its hard to pick urselves up after conceding right at the start or at the end of 45mins because it changes complexity and momentum of the game but the… Read more »

Reply to  Milan10

We scored two goal against best defensive team in Seria A, we concede 4. And you are questioning our attacking play? What exactly Conte did? Not a single sub or formation change before scoring. They have better players. They won!

Reply to  soheil balini

are u seriously telling me conte didnt talk to his players at half time break? inter looked so dangerous whenever they won free kicks and corner kicks after the break, thats on conte. inter also “built a wall” to separate bennacer with teammates in front of him in 2nd half. thats on conte too. regarding milan attack, inter wouldnt have attacked and scored had milan attack done their job like in 1st half. milan lost possession and let inter had momentum, thats milan attack’s fault. and ibra hit the post again near the end of the match from a header.… Read more »

Reply to  Milan10

When did I said that? You said he is a marvelous coach, I said tactically he didn’t change anything! He is a great coach but no he isn’t marvelous. Pioli actually outclassed him in case of tactical reading of the game. Sadly it’s like fighting a lion with your hands. Throughout the game we were the better team. We lost to our defensive problems and medicore players not conti’s genius.

Reply to  soheil balini

“Throughout the game we were the better team. We lost to our defensive problems and medicore players not conti’s genius.” lol, seriously? conte specifically told lukaku to be post player like ibra, winning aerial duels and laying the ball off to overlapping wingers. he also told inter players to build a wall of players to separate bennacer form players in front of him, especially ibra. inter also looked much more dangerous on set pieces, remember that great free kick that released alexis at far post? thank god he chose to shoot from tight angle instead of laying the ball off… Read more »

Reply to  Milan10

They did all that from beginning. Nothing changed in second half beside Milan players lack of concentration to mark players. We played more fluid football tonight and If you can’t see that, It means we have different perspective of this game. Respectfully 🙂

Reply to  soheil balini

well, milan didnt play fluidly in 2nd half, thats for damn sure. and inter’s 1st goal was freak occurence but the other 3, especially 2nd and 4th goals were due to tactical brilliance. so yeah, conte won the battle vs pioli. take it easy mate and good night (or morning in my time zone)

Reply to  Milan10

I’m so glad to realize that you are the best fan here in this page that is making the most sense out of the game @Milan10. I’m not trying to flatter you or compliment you, I just seriously liked the fact that you were able to read the game all through and see the basics points there. Honestly speaking, IMO, our coach is just the problem for the second half capitulation of our match. We were actually the best in this match both in attack and in defence, and the first half performance proves it that our centre back pairing… Read more »

Riccardo_milano
Riccardo_milano
Reply to  Milan T

You and MIlan10 have no idea, it’s actually laughable the only person who speaks sense is Soheil. The rest of you are presumably american morons who have a very slight grasp of football, team strength and what is achievable with the team Milan have.

5 months ago

I don’t really know the reason behind your insults, but I will like to point out that football is just a sport of entertainment. We all love Milan that is why we are watching milan’s matches. So we are likely to argue on what we see whether it turns out good or bad, but its all for the fun of football and the entertainment it brings and not for abusive comments or violence. If we all in this fan page are supporting Milan, then we are brothers. #Forzamilan

5 months ago

if by speaking sense u mean “milan outplayed inter” then him and you couldnt be more wrong. thanks for ur contribution to the discussion though. now u can be somewhere else when the girls dont call

Reply to  Milan T

thanks mate. conte outsmarted pioli in 2nd half and pioli didnt react until 80’ mins

Reply to  soheil balini

when did u say that? “What exactly Conte did?“ what he did was he changed inter thus 4-2

Reply to  soheil balini

We ONLY scored two goals from chances where Inter would have scored 4 or 5. So yes, the blame is on the attacking play TOO. Inter has faaaar superior players but Milan absolutely should have scored more from those opporturnities they had.

Jhawa
Jhawa
Reply to  soheil balini

Milan stopped playing after the two goals. Felt like they won.
Its a mental problem.

5 months ago

Fragile AF. Milan lacks personality, Rino said it, they don’t believe in themselves, the players don’t listen. I think we need two more core players, Thiago Silva? Might as well give it a try, Bennacer is inmense, but we might still a champion in the midfield. Modric, spend all the transfer budget I don’t care, he is the man.

Not gonna bash the team as Inter has built an amazing team, and has a better coach. Forza MIlan

5 months ago

Conti falling the offside trap again and again and again, like come one just stop standing behind the center backs. We concead like this in almost every game thanks to Conti zero awearnes of positioning, its clear he is not for a RB.

Reply to  Rossi

I hope the new RB we signed be better than him. Everytime I see his stupid face on the field I wanna puke. When we will be free of these clowns?

Reply to  soheil balini

The new signing is not a RB, he is a RM so he is simmilar to Conti (attack oriented) i dont think he would be much better in deffence, but i would definetly give him a try, Conti deserve the bench and that is not just because of this game.

Reply to  Rossi

I know that but Conti is not even good at attacking!

Reply to  soheil balini

I agree, he only has a good cross, but he is so slow that he cant even get in a position to cross…

raq
raq
Reply to  Rossi

That’s expected when you had 2 separate ACL injuries. Who would you blame for that, fate? footballers are not machine, they are human too you know

Reply to  Rossi

Not only Conti but Theo does that as well. 99% of failed offisde traps fail because of the wings. Unacceptable. That has to change!

Reply to  anom

LOL. So my comment is downvoted… I guess people think it’s OK the widebacks are ruining the offside traps then. 😀

5 months ago

If only Milan hadn’t wasted their scoring chances in the 1st half. Inter would have scored 4-5 from those chances. Milan managed to score only 2. Milan players are so obviously lacking that predator instinct that Zlatan (and those mf’ng nerazzurri players) have.

Phildaddon1899
Phildaddon1899
5 months ago

This game came down to coaching. Our coach went into the locker room and told the boys to relax. A real coach would have told them to go for blood. I’ve never seen a Milan team go from dominating to back foot that fast before. Come summer Pioli needs to go. We need a world class coach

Reply to  Phildaddon1899

Yeah, but who? Allegri? I don’t think he wants to come

Reply to  Raven

Coaches go to China for a good sallary, so why wouldnt they come in Milan if paid good ?

Reply to  Rossi

Gazidis says no. End of story. He’s here to ruin the club and he won’t quit until the job is done. 🙁

Reply to  Phildaddon1899

And how do you know what he said!!!? I can stress enough how stupid and full of shit fans like you are!

Phildaddon1899
Phildaddon1899
Reply to  soheil balini

How do I know that? I’ve played the sport. We came out in the second half like the game was already won. Ibra had service in the first half. Barely touched the ball in the second. Easy to see for someone that has played. Hard to see for people that only play FIFA and football manager

Reply to  Phildaddon1899

Wow so you played the sport and somehow magically you can read mind! How many years should I play before I can do that too? If I play double can I fly too? (Yeah that’s How “I played sport” sounds like! Bullshit)

raq
raq
Reply to  Phildaddon1899

did ancelotti said the same thing too in 2005?

Reply to  soheil balini

Soheil, please, go and take your meds. It’s my opinion, based on the team’s performances, the transfer budged, how he was treated by fans. And the fact that Premier might give him CL and a higher wage.

Did I say that Allegri stated that he didn’t want to join? Please pal, let’s keep the discussion polite. I don’t get you, you try to be cool and then you act like this. Go take your lexapro.

Reply to  Raven

Who talked to you? Didn’t you just wrote a comment and said shut up to a fan here? With all people, you are talking about being polite? While insulting me with “take your meds”!! Fuck off

Reply to  soheil balini

Shut the fuck up it’s not an insult, and my shitty browser and your recent behavior let me think you were pointing at my comment. But yeah, you should learn more football and take your pills. If you don’t have any I suggest seeing a doctor. Besides, I said STFU at a man laughing to the disgrace of a legend of Milan. You’re telling a guy “stupid, full of shit”. Also you’re known for being a hypocrite racist guy. You got a lot going on boy, why are you so angry? It’s because you suck at life? Grow up. Milan… Read more »

Reply to  Raven

– Shut the fuck up is an insult
– is “take your pills”, supposed to be an smart comeback or something? The only thing it does is reminding me to take my allergy medicine
– I don’t have any recent behavior towards you, it’s been month since I read any of your comments.
– I rather go back to ignoring you to continue this conversation. Take care

No, STFU is an order
Take your pills is an honest suggestion and I said Lexapro, can’t you read?
Now you’re chill, polite and controlled, that’s more like it.

ivannpippo
ivannpippo
Reply to  Raven

STFU Raven,you dimwit!

Makavelli
Makavelli
Reply to  soheil balini

Well said @soheil we keep conceding goals in the same manner. Set piece, & crosses… Romagnoli can’t even nod d ball for fu*k sake! Forza Milano they played well today and we all see 4231 is our best formation

Reply to  Phildaddon1899

Agreed. We also need quality directors who have proven success in building a winning team.

Inter made made 2 KEY CHANGES this season. They brought in a quality proven director and and quality proven coach.

The big difference at Inter is definitely Giuseppe Marotta and Antonio Conte. That’s why they are winning now.

We can’t achieve our goals with inexperienced directors and mediocre coaches. That’s a recipe for failure NOT success.

Reply to  Phildaddon1899

Yeah, if only things we’re so simple. I suggest getting a coach that tells the player to win at halftime…heck, even I can do that

Reply to  Baresis Dream

He played the sport!

Reply to  soheil balini

And your opinions of what formation should a coach use are based on what you tried on PES hahahaha.

Ohh excuse me Mr. sports journalist hahaha, Mr. I’ve been in jail for speaking out loud google it XD

Soheil you hypocrite

Reply to  Raven

🙂

ivannpippo
ivannpippo
Reply to  Raven

STFU raven,you idiot!

Reply to  Phildaddon1899

Jeez, this thread deteriorated very quickly … we’re all pissed off so it’s understandable, but come on

Reply to  Baresis Dream

I’m done now. It’s irritating that Phil a good guy who doesn’t come here often is insulted just because he was sharing his opinion. I can see why most of all left RB. The blog is now full of posers trying to fit in by talking trash about the team that I love. It’s getting ridiculous. I miss the old guys. It’s not like being a fan of Milan is a closed exclusive group, but they should learn about the history of the club, not joining by saying yeah we play like shit, we are miserable, we are a joke… Read more »

Reply to  Phildaddon1899

Yeah, you really understand the way the game went (both the first and second half). Honestly not even Gattuso’s milan will falter in the second half like that, they would rather die instead. Gattuso never had ibrahimovic, rebic theo, kjaer and even the best midfielder bennacer, but he won against a very far better Napoli in the first 2-0 in similar fashion here with mediocre suso & kessie & dominated them thoroughly. Come second he defended the whole post with all eleven players all through (including piatek) just for one reason, to defend the victory already won.

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  Phildaddon1899

Admittedly I didn’t watch the game but I’m sure I’ve seen Milan go from dominating a team to being on the back foot in under 60 seconds under Gattuso. You’re right, it’s purely down to coaching why we can’t the best out of these players.

Reply to  dejan10

Well @dejan, it may have happened under Gattuso maybe with 1-0 ahead, but certainly not with a 2-0 lead in the first half against any team. You can search it out in the records under Gattuso as manager, I seriously trust Gattuso with that.

richis
richis
Reply to  Milan T

so last year 2-0 up away at napoli and lose the game 2-3. was it under gattuso or giampaolo?

Gbenga AJOSE
Gbenga AJOSE
5 months ago

Milan has so much degenerated to the extent that leading a club like Inter with 2:0 is like doing something extraordinary. We were leading 2 zero and there was a storm in a tea cup when we were supposed to be focused and be hungrier and angrier to avenge the past defeats to Inter. This is complacency at its peak ! The most blame goes to our defenders except Benacier. Kessié was just playing against us instead of the opponent

Reply to  Gbenga AJOSE

Conti, Roma, Donna were horrible. We lost to their mistakes.

raq
raq
Reply to  soheil balini

so lets sell them all and still be in this shit situation till the next decade.

Niels8
Niels8
Reply to  soheil balini

I didn’t see Donna making mistakes..many great goalkeepers could concede 4 or more even when they themselves played well..
It was the defenders who failed to give proper protections.. Yes Conti made mistakes (esp. with the second goal)..and Roma, he failed to lead the defence (and the team!) even though individually he was not bad..
Although the win was because of the boys’ mistakes, Inter were simply better..

Reply to  soheil balini

So…. Show us a GK who would have saved ANY of the 4 goals? I don’t I’ve seen a 2.20 cm tall keeper with Gigio-like reflexes to able to react and stretch to the ball. His positioning was OK in all of the goals too. There was nothing to be done there. Defense line failed miserably in all four. (OK, maybe the midfield was to blame too on the first 2nd).

Reply to  soheil balini

Pls prove it that Donna is horrible. Which mistake has he made in the match?

Reply to  soheil balini

mistake: second goal. his positioning was a disaster.
Mistake: not commanding the penalty area. believe it or not a good GK would save the crosses instead of headers.
donna is great for his age. amazing actually but in general he is far from perfect. you used to having legends that’s why you are trying to create a new one.

++ when and where did I say that we need to sell them? people in this blog have serious problems reading and understanding comments.

Jhawa
Jhawa
Reply to  soheil balini

You cant be harsh to Dollaruma, he saved milan as so many times. If he has one bad game its fine.

spikemmy
spikemmy
Reply to  Gbenga AJOSE

Kessie, Hakan had an Okay game.. Enough of always blaming them…Yes, they are not quality enough but man, they did their best… Romanogli and Kjaer couldn’t defend a simple corner and also couldn’t intercept vertical passes in the box (esp the one to Sanchez).. You call a spade a spade.. we have been covering up for Romanogli all the while… Inter’s 2nd, 3rd and 4th goal are all defensive problems and not midfield’s.

Reply to  Gbenga AJOSE

Yeah, it seemed like Kessie was passing more to Inter players than their own… Nothing new there though. He needs to go.

5 months ago

Aside from the game, hats of to Ibra as an individual. At 38 he managed to bully Skrinar who is concidered the best Seria A CB at the moment, and lets not forget De Vrij and Godin who are also pretty big strong guys.

Niels8
Niels8
Reply to  Rossi

Imagine he took on those three alone..at the age of 38!

Agustinar
Agustinar
5 months ago

Milan must improve the defensive department. A RB who is good in defensive positioning. A CB who is strong in aerial ability. and a CM who has strength and aerial ability.

Reply to  Agustinar

Bakayoko last year was all of that, and thats why our mid was much better. Thats why i said get Berge in the winter, he is 190+ and despite strengh also has passing ability.

Nästa
Nästa
Reply to  Rossi

Bakayoko was at the game! If we could get him back our midfield would be much better

Niels8
Niels8
Reply to  Agustinar

Yes.. especially the center backs struggle to face physically good (strenght, speed, height) forwards.. Physical centre backs are always needed. See how Juve suffer without Chiellini

peter
peter
5 months ago

It was a good game…And shows well How Inter Milan is unto a scudetto track path. Its a team that never ever give up, and turns a game around no matter how far down…

The difference between the champion, and the wanna be champion…. #forzainter 🙂 When Eriksen finds his proper place, watch out! You saw a hint of it tonight only!

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
Reply to  peter

Piss of with your inter trolling and has this to say and put in mind im a dane from the area where eriksen was born and grew up so i really hope he does well in the european championship but after that i hope he freaking breaks both of his legs. Wannabe champions HA thats funny comming from an inter fan as everyone knows inter as the october champions, meaning they never win in the end.

Reply to  peter

Wrong blog pal!

Alexmilan
Alexmilan
5 months ago

Loser mentality ! They don’t deserve Ibra’s presence, because they are too small ! All of them, with Conti, Romagnoli, Kjaer and Kessie in the first line ! Romagnoli needs a world class partner to show the best of him, although he looks average ! Conti/ Calabria are good for circus, not for Milan ! I am really disapointed, because inter was down in his knees at half time. But we are too losers to aim for more ! Losers !

Niels8
Niels8
Reply to  Alexmilan

Your comment is painful..but it’s true that I don’t understand why the dislikes..

Charlie
Charlie
5 months ago

All we had to do was hold the two goal advantage to the 70th minute. Anyways cant say we didn’t try

Milan_distin
Milan_distin
5 months ago

Once again…”the world of football” laughs at us and it’s not even funny anymore.

Fra
Fra
5 months ago

Again stupid comments about the coach and directors… wtf is wrong with some of the fans!?!?? The coach showed actually how good he is by blocking inter key players and reading their strategy right from beginning.. that is a job that coaches do! No coach can make magic in half time to either bring up a whole perfect performance of the players or bring down (as happened to milan) .. we lost to few things, lack of decent players on bench and whole Giampaolo era that he prepared physically this team in preseason.. all of our attacking players were hell… Read more »

Djuka
Djuka
Reply to  Fra

Guilt is the most on the owners, from Berlusconi and his seling to Lee, to Eliot fund wich only want money but here they wil have to acept loss

Reply to  Fra

Giampaolo was appointed by who? And replace by Pioli after 7 games. Whose poor decisions were those? Is Pioli a better option than Spalletti?

Isn’t that bad choices by our management that literally ruined our entire season?

We lost 4-2 and yet you believe Pioli should be praised because “he showed how good he is”?

WTF is wrong with you? Are you on medication?

Milan’s shit show this season is because of our management. Who else is to be blamed for this type of foolishness?

Reply to  nick

I have mixed feelings, Nick you’re totally right. I’m pissed at boban who trashed the team, not helping at all with his declarations and now he has been soooo quiet. But on the other hand, I trust Maldini to impose the values of Milan, and some of his signings have been very good. Milan has inexperienced people at all roles. It’s normal for the team to do this bad. It’s a gamble, Maldini-Boban, such a young project under an average coach, it was a gamble. Honestly, I think Milan needs to change the game, offer Allegri more money than any… Read more »

Fra
Fra
Reply to  nick

Nick, you really got a problem with everyone at Milan?!?!? I guess you’re old enough to not think business in football is a like sales in supermarket!!! First, in nowadays football, most of news about players, coaches and their agents comments aren’t true(you keep saying bakayoko or anyone else said they love milan but milan doesn’t want him) second, milan doesn’t have that amount of money that offers to everyone as much as they want so since we don’t know what’s been really going on in negotiations you cannot judge the managers, Finally, UNTIL MILAN IS NOT BACK TO UCL… Read more »

Reply to  Fra

@fra you only think that they are stupid comments, but they are not, whenever a team win, the coach should take credit just like the udinese match. When they lose also, it is the coach’s fault too, because he owns the final say to the players on the field of action. You said “The coach showed actually how good he is by blocking inter key players and reading their strategy right from beginning.. that is a job that coaches do!” Exactly what is expected of him and it worked for him (i.e for the first half). You also said that… Read more »

Fra
Fra
Reply to  Milan T

My point is, conte did nothing, probably just screamed and talked badly to players (is conte style) , tactically the first half and second both team were more or less same, the only difference was our players couldn’t run anymore to be man to man to key players of inter in midfield (physically weak), our bench was weak, and this season Milan is mentally fragile (because of many reason from beginning of the season not related to pioli) when inter scored two goals in 10mins our players lost their game, what pioli can do afterward!

Reply to  Fra

You are actually right, it showed on our players that became physically weak (for surely they must have stretched & stressed themselves while pressing Inter all through the first half) and hence could not run enough to man mark some key players, even though they rested for 15 mins @halftime. But yet, if only they had defended the whole goal post with all the eleven players even in their weakness throughout the second half, they could have then preserved the first half result to lead to a very well deserved derby win.

Nästa
Nästa
Reply to  Fra

Pioli did good and our players to for the first half. I think our players and our bench lost their tactics and fell for the pressure. But i tell you guys the way we played the first half was top 4 quality. We have som good players that could get to know eachother but we are thin and could need more experience and ginta.

slightly out of topic
bakayoko recently said in his interview that he loves his time at milan the most. and tonite he tweeted his support for milan. what the hell are u waiting for elliott and gazidis u cheap bastards

Reply to  Milan10

Maldini decision not to sign Bakayoko who was Milan’s best player last season. Mirabelli made the poor decision with Deulofeu. This is why we need quality experience people in management.

Reply to  nick

it was giampaolo’s decision to have playmaking regista like sensi or bennacer. its still a mistake to let bakayoko go though

Reply to  Milan10

Bakayoko was a fantastic player, Gattuso might had treated him unfairly IDK, but what’s known is that the kid had an attitude.

If Maldini didn’t want him in his project then I’m sure is because his attitude.

Reply to  Raven

If Maldini saw the value in Bakayoko’s talent he would have worked with him. It’s not like he is the 2nd coming of Balotelli.

It’s pretty dumb that he didn’t replace him either with a similar type player which means that he didn’t recognize the importance Bakayoko had on our season.

Reply to  nick

Come on mate, what about Benaccer? He is similar, I think (and hope) Maldini will greatly improve the squad in the summer.

raq
raq
Reply to  nick

we really need someone like brozovic to play in front of our defence. bakayoko is a good physical defensive midfielder but he just lacks the technical ability and vision to link the play at a faster rate. plus, he wont be able to do what brozovic did against us at the start of the 2nd half. perhaps maldini and boban didnt sign bakayoko because they were looking for a brozovic-type of regista. bennacer was suppose to be that player but he gets easily bullied physically. someone like sandro tonali would be great in our midfield. nikola moro or toon koopmeiner… Read more »

Reply to  Raven

Maldini/Boban and co didn’t want him because of the 40 mil price. Simple. I think we were willing to give 30.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

bakayoko was available for 35m but milan decided to pass because giampaolo wanted playmaking regista like bennacer in 4-3-1-2 set up. so milan made 2 mistakes: 1. letting bakayoko go 2. thinking that bennacer’s a dm instead of playmaking cm or even left regista (like i said, he won afcon playing as lcm). very foolish

Reply to  Milan10

@ milan10. But he is seriously doing well at the DM position as a deep lying playmaker & also as a ball winning midfielder. (Performing 2 roles in that same position is very rare in football nowadays).

Reply to  Milan T

he’s not doing well as dm in 4-3-3; he picked up too many yellows from committing silly fouls, some of them inside milan box, because he’s too easily outmuscled due to his small size (remember how lukaku bullied him around near the end of the match?). he’s been better since milan switched to 4-4-2 with him as PLAYMAKING CM and kessie as dm.

Agustinar
Reply to  Milan10

I don’t think Kessie playing as a dm or ball winning midfielder, he is playing more like a box to box midfielder.

Reply to  Milan10

But also, let me remind you that this same bakayoko used his own mouth to cause problems for himself. He said it openly to the press at the end of last season that he is not coming back to Milan, (maybe because of the problems he had with Gattuso, who knows?) But I guess that comment did not go well with directors.

Nesta1
Nesta1
5 months ago

Just remember guys inter been in champions league every season and getting the big money from it. We been out of champions league a few seasons so we got to be realistic with what players and coaches we can get. Im as pissed off as anyone, but until we can finish top four it’s not going to be easy. Bad owners, managers, players have all arrived since the good years, but we were bankrolled then and financial fair play didn’t exist. But it can be done, look at Leicester City in premeirship.

Reply to  Nesta1

The most realistic decision inter made which is the big difference between them and us is that they have capable experience people running the club. I will say it again and again if I have to, Inter decision to bring in Giuseppe Moratta and Antonio Conte is the main reason for their success this season. Milan must get rid of Gazidis, Maldini, Boban and Pioli and bring in directors like Igli Tare or Ralf Rangnick to work alongside Allegri if we want to start rebuilding Milan. We can’t do that with inexperienced people in management. Gazidis, Maldini and Boban project… Read more »

asy
asy
Reply to  nick

we should stick with maldini and boban as there are no just guarantee that we wont be in this same situation as we are right now if we restart year 0 again under tare/rangnick.

what maldini and boban need is time plus patience from us fans, as FFP has really limited our transfer strategy this season. they have shown they have good eyes for young talents so let them finish the job before judging. the only person who should be fired is gazidis for constantly interfering with the transfer plans because he’s too stingy.

Reply to  asy

They are inexperienced and know nothing about building a winning team. Look at Maldini’s decision to replace Gattuso with Giampaolo? Wouldn’t Spalletti be a better choice over Giampaolo and Pioli? After 7 games Giampaolo was fired. We wasted the entire summer only to fire Giampaolo after 7 games and appoint another mid table coach in Pioli? None of them are a better choice than Spalletti. Maldini then never sign Bakayoko who was our best player last season. Smh Then we sold Piatek and Suso in Jan knowing that we had no budget to replace them with better players. Wouldn’t it… Read more »

asy
asy
Reply to  nick

– how many coaches have lazio fired since tare was appointed, pioli included (he was sacked 2016)? – have leipzig won anything significant in their history before being purchased by Redbull? – has rangnick actually won ant major trophies in his career? – spalletti is still contracted to inter and refuse compensation to continue receiving his monthly pay, so milan would have to pay inter to hire him, which is just stupid. now, who is not ambitious? – bakayoko would cost us 30mil to sign, money we clearly cant spend on a single player. plus he was a leonardo signing,… Read more »

Reply to  asy

@asy….Reading is fundamental. Smh. Make sure you understand what was written before you go off on a rant. Lazio, Juventus and inter have capable experienced directors and coaches that knows how to build and manage a successful winning team. They don’t have inexperienced under qualified people in management making major decisions at their club unlike Milan directors who have been making poor decisions after poor decisions over and over again. Here are examples of Milan management poor decisions: Example #1 – The appointment of a mid table coach Giampaolo Example #2 – Firing Giampaolo after 7 games Example #3 –… Read more »

Nästa
Nästa
Reply to  nick

You act like you’re longsighted but you are very shortsighted and butthurt
Stop sobbing over Piatek and wake up to the now nick

Reply to  Nästa

I’m not sobbing over anyone. Piatek is making 4m at Hertha Berlin and he is living in a very nice city. So I’m sure he’s doing just fine. Milan on the other are the one’s who are short sighted because Ibrahimović is showing signs of fatigue and guess what? There’s no one on the bench to replace him. Selling Suso and Piatek in January without any replacement is one dumbest decision Maldini and company made. This is how inexperienced people make emotional decisions the same emotional decision to hire Giampaolo and then fire him after just 7games knowing that he… Read more »

nevermind

Reply to  nick

But this same people in management that you people are complaining about brought in Ibrahimovic which has somehow change our game results in this 2020 positively. If had won the derby yesternight just like we won the first half, everyone will be praising the management (or may not even remember them). Honestly, the derby result is either the coach’s fault or the players or both. All I know is that the management had tried their best with the little available resources they had. (Plus our highest scorer, Theo, a LB, was brought in by this same management).

Reply to  Nesta1

I just hope that this rumours about that LMVH boss who wants to purchase Milan comes out true, because if he purchases milan, he will put down money to buy big players (matured players, players that are men, world class players that will not be afraid of conceding in the second half after confidently dominating and leading in the first), that way, we’ll be able to be qualifying for the champions league and be getting big money as well. Just only 4-5 players are convincingly ready and able to fight, bennacer & ibrahimovic are part of them.

Reply to  Milan T

@Milan T…I hope so bro. Because Elliott Fund is losing money and therefore they will not invest in the players or coaches. We lost our sponsorship with Addidas. We also lost €145.9m with SportsPro Media and we are on the verge of losing our sponsorship deal with Fly Emirates. Gazidis is currently trying to renegotiate a deal which will most likely be less than what we have currently since Fly Emirates doesn’t see the value in the current amount that they are investing. So they will reduce the amount of sponsorship. So we are losing revenue which means there will… Read more »

richis
richis
Reply to  nick

apparently they’ll announce 3 new sponsors soon. i’ve read rumors emirates deal will be renegotiated and reduced. the other is some water brand nobody knows. cazzidis is pulling his magic tricks. anyway, untill elliott sells the club, nothing good will come out of this.

Jon
5 months ago

The Only thing painful here is the comeback……
The good news is the seria a table, fvck RUBENTUS.
Lazio or Inter for scudetto (I pray)
Now let’s focus and knock them out of the cup.

Reply to  Jon

As a Milan supporter there is nothing in this world that could make me cheer for Inter. As a matter of fact I would rather Juventus or Lazio winning over Inter any day all day. Merda Inter!

Jon
Reply to  nick

I’ll rather support Inter than Juventus…
Why would you support the old ladies while your brother in San Siro is bringing an end to the farmers league regime.

Reply to  Jon

Wrong blog pal

Emmy Apache
Reply to  Jon

My point earlier and they were disappointed I said so

Reply to  nick

Rooting for Lazio but we all know they will screw it up eventually. So all hope is on Juve then. No Milan fan should EVER be rooting for Inter in any situation.

Reply to  anom

I agree with you pal @anom. But never say never, this Lazio team that I (milan T) is seeing is too dangerous and deadly for any team right now in serie a, the fact that they beat juventus like that in the super cup means a lot. Yes they can do it. I will rather have them win it than Juve who wants it now for the 8th or 9th time in a roll (God forbid), because such an history makes other big teams in serie a look totally incapacitated. But one thing is sure, I will never support inter… Read more »

Assim
Assim
5 months ago

Sometimes , while watching milan , I just focus on Ramgnoli , remember his season next to Bonucci , how good he was , what a beast ! And i see a flashback of all that time when we thought he was better than Bonucci and wanted him to be our captain after getting rid of that scum… I remember all that , then i look at him now , and it makes me kinda sad ! Sad because we thought a 22 yo defender was better than an experienced world class one. And sad because if only we had… Read more »

Reply to  Assim

Romagnoli is overhyped. Defensively Milan backline is weak. Only Donnarumma is good enough

Reply to  nick

Romagnoli is classy, he is also being a commander lately, our left side has been very attacking thanks to him. But yeah, he couldn’t keep up with Lukaku’s speed can’t blame him though Lukaku is one of the best in terms of strenght and speed.

Theo leaves him too exposed and he also lacks a stronger partner.

spikemmy
spikemmy
Reply to  nick

I totally agree with this point

Reply to  Assim

What Romagnoli needs is a paring with a world class defender( i.e a general at the back) for years in order to become one. The talent is there, sure, but not the expertise. Remember also that it took the very young and talented thiago Silva to be paired with a defensive maestro like Nesta for years for him to now become the world class T.Silva we know today. Even as old a footballer he is today, he is still earning a national call-up for international games, something that is never common in the history of the Brazilian national team. He… Read more »

Lando
Lando
5 months ago

This is one of the most painful lost ever.
Not only to inter, but the way milan lost is just hard to watch.
From a fantastic first half to an abysmal second half

Kossymilan
Kossymilan
5 months ago

This time I am not going to blame or accuse any of the players, they really played well and they outclassed inter, it just boiled down to what we have been saying, Milan need to improve the quality in the our squad, pioli outsmarted conte in this derby, conte did nothing special in the second half, the only difference was that conte had better quality players, look at brozovic and devrij goals, it was simply quality goals from quality players, lukaku goal can happen to any team firing for an equalizer(it was even an overlooked foul) Milan hit the post… Read more »

Nästa
Nästa
Reply to  Kossymilan

Cheers man!
They should have keep their head high and take on juve with the same hunger as they did against inter.

Emmy Apache
5 months ago

I saw this coming from the first day we started buying inexperienced players under this baby management of Maldini and Boban
Football of today is no experiment anymore it’s what u invested you will get. The only way out is to play each match as final game.
Milan played well but the quality was different and we can’t go anywhere with these set of players. We need to buy players who have visions to read games
I will continue to say it because I prefer inter to win than Juventus

dejan10
dejan10
5 months ago

To be honest I boycotted this game to save myself the depressing sight of seeing Inter win yet another derby so have no idea how we played but I’m presuming it was another masterclass from Lord Pioli? How some fans can’t admit this guy’s a mediocre coach who’s not up to the job of coaching Milan is beyond me. We lose 5-0 to Atalanta, get a string of good results mainly down to luck and the “Ibra effect,” then we can’t beat a 10-man Verona at home and then get smashed in the derby. I’m seeing no real difference here… Read more »

Reply to  dejan10

It was actually a master class! We outplayed the best team in serie A while having Conti & Kessie in our squad!

OmarLittle
OmarLittle
Reply to  soheil balini

This is so sad that fans actually have accepted that it is ok to lose against our biggest rivals especially in that disgracefull way they lost last night it only confirms that Milan have become losers both fans and everybody within the club shame on you

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  OmarLittle

I’ve just seen the highlights and it looks like we dominated the first half with these very same “terrible players” some fans complain about.

Reply to  soheil balini

how was losing 4-2 a masterclass? what kind of sick joke is this? also, when verona won vs juve, its because juric’s serie a best coach (like some people claimed) but when inter scored 4 goals in one half to turn the match around its not because of conte? biased much?

Exile
Exile
Reply to  soheil balini

We outplayed them for 45 mins exactly, thats not a master class. Its loss of reality to believe that is enough. I wanted to cry tears of joy in the 1st half, but the second half showed exactly how far we’re away from being a good or even decent team.

6-8th place is where we belong now, that is our level of performance. In an excellent year with an excellent coach we can challenge for CL, but right now thats an illusion.

Reply to  dejan10

Lazio drew against Verona and Juve lost 2-1. Maybe that 1-1 wasn’t THAT bad result after all…

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  anom

I don’t recall Verona having 10 men in those games… And we would’ve won it if Pioli hadn’t told the players to go through the middle instead of the flanks. That was like watching Inzaghi on the bench the day after getting his certificate.

5 months ago

Pls LMVH Boss, if the rumours are true that you want to purchase Milan, then you have to do that as fast as possible and let us spend big once and for all on world class players, I mean, players that are men, that will not be scared of conceding in the second but will challenge and defend any opposing attack of the opponent to get back into the game. Inter are spending big on players and are getting the results through the confidence those big matured players are carrying all about with a world class coach.

Reply to  Milan T

Because just only 4-5 players have that confidence and charisma to be decisive all through a match in this current milan squad. Ibrahimovic & bennacer are part of those.

Nene
Nene
5 months ago

Bernaccer made Kessie look good in midfield and nobody seems to notice it. Until we rid Kessie of that midfield and bring in a quality mildfielder, the story is not going to change. He is a terrible footballer and I still can’t fathom what he’s put in the eyes of all these managers and some fans. Romanogli is not a leader. He seems disciplined without the armband. I was impressed to see Pioli drop aweful Musaachio and Calabria from the starting lineup. My only problem with him was leaving Hakan on the field after the 70th minute. He was totally… Read more »

Milanellofm
Milanellofm
5 months ago

Listen as hard as it is to say, inter is better than us at the moment. They’re fighting with Juventus,so to start bashing directors again and everything else isn’t right. The first half played was brilliant. Chances created and all. What ibra said about second half is all true. Concede in the first 15 and we’ll be in trouble. It was very true. Nothing you can do about brozovic goal, but after that I knew the game had changed. Third goal was also nothing you can do. Second half was complete opposite of the first. I feel both romagnoli and… Read more »

Reply to  Milanellofm

I disagree about one sentence you mention- the third goal was inevitable. In fact, it was a perfect example of one of our main weaknesses in the last few years – airial balls in the box.

I personally don’t understand why Zlatan is taking the near post in our corners; he should be marking the opponents most dangerous headers instead.

5 months ago

I can see that a lot of people are praising inter for the comeback victory. Come on people, victory against this current milan squad sitted right in the 8th position cannot be used to justify inter’s prowess. Let’s wait till the end of the season and see where inter ends in the table, only then we’ll know if they truly deserve such a huge glory. #Milan4life.

5 months ago

And again, I see a lot of people calling conte a genius simply because of this comeback victory (quickly forgetting about the first half),

Really?!

I dare Conte’s inter to go 2-0 down in the first half against Gattuso’s Napoli in the coppa-italia match on Wednesday, then we will truly know the depth of Conte’s genius instinct. (Pls, just forget the serie a defeat that Gattuso’s Napoli had to inter in January, exactly the same way you forgot Milan’s first half performance in the derby).
Challenge?

Reply to  Milan T

lets see rino win vs lecce first. if his team can do that then they might, just might, not lose horribly vs conte’s team

5 months ago

I can’t believe my eyes when I came across this news about Lukaku tweets tonight simply because of a comeback victory in a common derby. Here is the tweet below. “After the match, Lukaku tweeted “There’s a new king in town”. The statement appears to be a subtle dig at Ibrahimovic, whose move back to the San Siro was mooted as the ‘return of the king‘. This tweets were reported by sqawker news, & I’m just seriously smiling tonight. Really! Romelu? OK, it’s no problem by me at all, I’m not angry at that dude. But let’s just fold our… Read more »

Reply to  Milan T

maybe he’s still euphoric, let him be. lukaku’s generally very sporting guy. i still remember him losing his balance vs algeria’s gk during that awesome wc ‘18 match and when referee awarded penalty he immediately got up and told referee he’s just slipping. what a good guy. compare that to juve and lazio this season *shudder

5 months ago

milan have looked better since pioli arrived, i admit that. however, they still cant produce quality football for full 90mins. if milan could always play like they did in 1st halves vs juve, lecce and inter they would be in much higher place in classifica. sometimes it took too long for pioli to read the game and react (like vs verona, inter and lecce), sometimes he just didnt read the game well (like vs atalanta. playing calabria as lb as, as if). dont get me wrong, sometimes he’s strategy and substitutions are spot on as well. add to pioli’s limitations,… Read more »

5 months ago

I see a lot of people analyzing tactical issues and differences between the two halfs. For me though, this game is a great example of how much psychology determines the result in football matchs (and team sports in general). I mean we’ve seen several times it in the last stages of CL in recent years; the impact of momentum where teams come back from two or three goals down in a single half. For what I saw – Pioli’s tactics (and the players mental preparation) worked perfectly in the first half, with Inter actually suffering a mental block. Then a… Read more »

Reply to  Baresis Dream

TONITE ON LIKE MILAN10 SAID “Milan10 Inter have momentum now. Do something pioli. Sub in leao 0 Reply 1 day ago” “ Milan10 first off, i have to say conte is marvellous coach. its not easy to pick urselves up after conceding 2 goals right at the end of the first half like that. he really has tenacity and winning mentality and it shows. also i might add, players like lukaku, eriksen etc all said they came to inter because of him, which means champion coach does attract quality players. regarding milan, i know its hard to pick urselves up… Read more »

Exile
Exile
Reply to  Baresis Dream

You touched an important point, but this team has proved over and over again this season that they are very far from being mentally strong. After all it’s also a matter of tactics how to cope with setbacks. As wonderful as the 1st half was, the 2nd half was pitiful &pathetic. We’ve got to be realisitic, we’re simply not a very good team. We can punch above our weight from time to time, but we’re nowhere near close to Inter territory (as much as it pains me to say this). The last games we had a little bit of luck… Read more »

Exile
Exile
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Piolis stats: 5 losses, 5 draws, 6 wins in SERIE A, this are the stats of a less than mediocre coach. As good as we looked in the 1st half, as dissapointing we were in the 2nd. Is it all his falut? Definetly not – has he been able to make us a good or just better team? NO!
Have we conceded less? NO!
Scored more? NO!

The only win against a team above Milan in the league was Cagliari. Thats ridiculous. I dont understand how some fans still defend him.

Reply to  Exile

Totally agree. But I would also question the people who hired him. These same people entrusted Giampaolo only to fire him after 7games. This a clear indication of bad decision making. The bigger problem at Milan for me is the leadership. Gazidis, Maldini and Boban need to go. It’s hard for me to say this because of my affection and appreciation for Boban and Maldini. I enjoyed them as players but they are way out of their league as management. Gazidis was a failure at Arsenal with his dumb ass youth project that didn’t work. The only reason he lasted… Read more »

Reply to  Exile

Very good points Exile. Personally, I’m not in love with Pioli, but I would spend our limited resources on strengthening the squad before replacing him (unless it’s Ancelotti or of similar level)

Agustinar
Agustinar
5 months ago

Paqueta should replace Kessie in starting XI. Paqueta is not as strong as Kessie but better in heading, shooting and attacking support. Kessie doesn’t give value to the team anymore since his workrate drops

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Agustinar

We lost the balance if let Ben and Paqueta play together.

Agustinar
Reply to  Chris

Sorry mate, I still believe it will work with Ben and Paqueta because Paqueta is also good in defensive phase. He is good in tackling (stealing the ball from opponent)… plus good in aerial ability, these are two things Kessie doesn’t have. Ben plays deeper, control the ball and good in positioning. They both could make performance like the duo of Juan Veron and Diego Simeone at Lazio in past days. We know Veron is a playmaker and Simeone is not well known for his strength. But Simeone is very good in areal ability

Franco6
Franco6
5 months ago

an attempt to bring a smile to all Milanista.

5 months ago

In less than half a season, Pioli found the best formation suitable for our current players. We didn’t lost a single game in new year until a derby against a well equipped Inter. None of you expected a win against Inter before the game started but Pioli’s brave tactical shift to stop inter’s midfield gave you hope. A hope that turned into rage when we lost again. A lost that happened in the summer when we hired Maldini as director. When we hired Gianpaolo as the coach and when we thought another year zero with another inexperienced coach is a… Read more »

OmarLittle
OmarLittle
Reply to  soheil balini

I dont think anybody really blames the coach its the players that are weak mentally they have become so accustomed to losing games it doesnt matter for them they only do half the job then they go to sleep rest of the game

Reply to  OmarLittle

Just read the comments above my comment

Reply to  soheil balini

Soheil… Yes I am blaming Pioli. He is a mid-table coach who doesn’t know what it means to be a winner. How can he transmit a winning mentality to the team? I am also blaming Milan management who made the poor decision to hire Giampaolo and Pioli. Milan have inexperienced management in Maldini and Boban. We also have a GM who has always been a FAILURE at Arsenal. This is a recipe for disaster and that’s EXACTLY how our season started. A freaking disaster. Is Pioli playing better football than his predecessors Giampaolo and Gattuso? Of course, anyone with eyes… Read more »

richis
richis
Reply to  nick

i would like to think that allegri would get the most out of what we have. but his football is just so dull. last season at milan didn’t go well for him. he pulled a giampaolo. terrible first half of the season, lost a locker room and got sacked.

4 months ago
Reply to  richis

Allegri last season at Milan would go bad for any coach who has players like Mesbah, Constant, Taiwo, Matri, Niang, and all the other garbage players who had no right to wear the Milan jersey. Don’t be foolish. Milan need a top coach and quality players. Both go hand in hand. CR7 signing made Juventus earned more money in sponsorship. Allianz sponsorship increased by 100m. Addidas revenue for Juventus increased over 400m since 2018. Jeep sponsorship increase over 108m in revenue for Juventus. Milan revenue with Fly Emirates was cut to only 10m per year. Last year we received 14m.… Read more »

Exile
Exile
Reply to  soheil balini

You are right, there is no magic solution or quick fix. But give a coach 3 years? No offense, but in which company, no less ambitious football club does a professional get 3 years & just to get to Atalantas level? Yes, he found a formation, but was not able to instil a winning mentality so far. His ppg is not good, his goal statistics even worse. He’s had 18 games to fix it and was not able to do so. An excellent coach, or even a firefighter coach as they call it in German should have gotten out more.… Read more »

Reply to  Exile

I would not give Pioli more than the end of the season. Again, Milan lost the derby because of our mentality. Conte and Inter have a coach and players with a winning mentality. Milan on the other hand don’t. It’s as simple as that. We didn’t lose the game tactically as the 1st half showed that we were better than Inter. We lost the game because Inter had more desire to win even from a losing position. We need a coach and players with a winning mentality. You cannot get that with inexperienced young players and a coach who hasn’t… Read more »

Reply to  Exile

you are living in a fantasy! in what world our squad is better than Atalanta? every season we are lower than them. their reject is our starting defender! wake up!

Napoli winning

Reply to  Raven

Sanchez, Martinez, Lukaku Ericksen? No problem, the clueless grinta has lots of luck.

Ted
Ted
4 months ago

Offtopic:

Milan signed a new sponsorship deal with Emirates worth 10 millions. Previous contract was worth 14 millions. Emirates are currently offering Lyon a deal worth between 15 to 20 millions.

That’s where we are now. Gazidis the all mighty manager bursting like a wet fire cracker

4 months ago
Reply to  Ted

It’s actually very “on topic”.

4 months ago
Reply to  Ted

@Ted…I mentioned several times that Milan management is a complete tool. The project under Gazidis is a TOTAL failure. Milan are losing sponsorship because we are not among the elites of world football. Juventus sponsorship revenue has increased over 408m from Allianz alone from 2018-19 since they signed CR7. We cannot get sponsorship with mid table coaches and mediocre players. That’s a recipe for failure. We lost our sponsorship with Addidas and a few other sponsors are pulling out of Milan. The main reason is that we don’t have a competitive squad to challenge for Serie A and CL. We… Read more »

4 months ago
Reply to  nick

Another worrying signs of we becoming an official mid table club is not being able to keep Donna (probably our best player). Based on what Raiola’s family is saying, we may not be able to increase his salary and he may leave us for Real, Juve or PSG. We are worrying about becoming the new Atalanta but actually we are heading towards Genoa’s territory.

4 months ago
Reply to  soheil balini

EXACTLY. Milan have one of the dumbest projects in world football. Mid table teams build their project around youth players because they don’t have the brand name, trophies and status of elite clubs to sign world class players. CR7 would never sign up with Atalanta even if they paid him a bigger salary because his sponsorship deals would suffer and he would lose even more money by not playing in a top club to win the ballon d’or and the CL. Fans by season tickets to see megastar players. That helps increase the club revenue in ticket sales, sponsorship and… Read more »

4 months ago

The shortlist of managers to replace Pioli is not a bad list but the worrying thing is that we probably end up with the worst option.

4 months ago
Reply to  soheil balini

If Milan cannot get a top manager like Allegri then we might as well stick with Pioli. At this point it wouldn’t make sense to change managers again for another mid table coach who doesn’t have a proven track record of winning titles. It will take more time for a midtable coach to develop their brand of football with the players we currently have. In that case Pioli would be a better option so that he can continue his work rather than appointing any of the coaches mentioned from Simone Inzaghi-Shevchenko. None of them are elite coaches so it will… Read more »

4 months ago
Reply to  nick

That’s what I’ve been saying whole week. If we cannot get a top coach then we should at least try stability. Sad part is they are available but our cheap owners would go for the cheapest option again While expecting to win the league!