Report: Milan are still waiting for Ibra’s answer, the striker wants an 18-month contract and a big salary

Zlatan Ibrahimović before LA Galaxy-Sporting Kansas City at StubHub Center on April 8, 2018. (Photo by Katharine Lotze/Getty Images)

Zlatan Ibrahimović is taking his time and has reportedly changed his demands during the talks with Milan.

The Telegraph from England reported yesterday that Ibra had accepted the offer of Milan and he is set to reject Premier League clubs in order to make his return to the red and black club.

However, that report does not seem to actually correspond with reality. According to Sky Italia, Milan, for the moment, do not have any particular positive feelings about Zlatan’s return. The club, as suggested by Frederic Massara before the Parma game, is waiting for Ibra to decide his future.

Sky reports that Ibra, during the negotiations, has changed his demands: 20 days ago he seemed enthusiastic about the possibility of joining Milan even for 6 month and on not a particularly high salary. After a week, however, he began asking for a 18-month deal with a big salary.

The Rossoneri have made their offer which they consider important and it’s now a waiting game. Even if Ibra does not arrive, Milan will try to add a striker to the squad according to Sky.

6 months ago

u’ve gotta hand it to mino the walrus, he really is master negotiator. sucks for milan, especially now that romag has also turned to the dark side. regarding theo as lw, thats cute idea and i really understand the reasoning. however, just because u used to play rob carlos as lw on winning eleven/pes on ps 1 because he had mean speed+acceleration and shot power doesnt mean its good idea in real life. full/wingbacks like theo need at least 50-80m of space to operate; they will go up and down the field to overlap and find/create spaces for them and… Read more »

nick
nick
Reply to  Milan10

As for Arnault taking over I’m very optimistic. Elliott has no intention to invest serious money into top quality players and a top coach. Hence, the reason we have this so-called BS youth project. Believe it or not Elliott are also losing money and will want to offset their losses soon.

Maybe Messi or Mbappe is far fetched as it would take an astronomical amount of money to sign them but this is football and you never know.

TanMilan
TanMilan
Reply to  Milan10

c’mon, that much amount of drugs could kill u know.

i love u for this comment
made my day bless u

Rossonero
Rossonero
6 months ago

Abate would be the one player milan miss the most right now, I know he would not play much but a true milanisti. He still did alright at times and for example now when there is caldara is just coming back and duarte injured for awhile I could see him filling in. He should get a contract until the end of this season. In the end I will always be grateful for what he did and was truly sad seeing him leave.

Raven
Raven
6 months ago

Yes! Now get us Chiellini and WTH, get us Pirlo, he surely can be better than Hakan.

Nesta1
Nesta1
6 months ago

With zlatan we will shoot up the league, that’s what world class players give you. And his age not that much of a problem because he’s never had pace. Last match we had 20 plus shots, he would have at least had a hatrick! Plus he gives us height in the box, get them crosses in theo!!

OmarLittle
OmarLittle
6 months ago

Lol now Zlatan is making a fool out of Milan man what a bunch of amateurs

Milanellofm
Milanellofm
6 months ago

I said it two years ago I said it last year and I’ll say it again. I’ll always say yes to ibrahimovic returning. He may not be what he once was but he brings something to the team that we’ve been missing since he left. A winning mentality. If the team isn’t playing up to his standards he’ll make them, this guy not only plays amazing he makes others around him play much better. Give him the 18 month contract it’s time he returns to Milan! Hopefully can give piatek some form again

Nesta1
Nesta1
Reply to  Milanellofm

And what about balotelli on a free in January? Him and zlatan up front! Milan said they could do with experience signings next.

Ashraf
Reply to  Nesta1

Balotelly sorry and never

Lando
Lando
6 months ago

i mean ibra could make boateng and nocerino looked like world class players
so why not?

Ted
Ted
Reply to  Lando

My thought exactly

soheil balini
soheil balini
6 months ago

I’m not against signing him but at the same time his behavior while thinking is something that I can’t tolerate.

Coach Seedorf
Coach Seedorf
6 months ago

My honest thoughts: Piatek’s decline started with taking the number 9 shirt, that shirt I believe is truly cursed in Milan. Piatek is no one season wonder neither is he a bad striker, he will perform elsewhere. If Ibra comes back and picks the 9 shirt, he will flop also, he better stick with his 11 shirt. You guys can laugh and rant all you want at my comment but don’t forget Berlusconi was/ maybe still is an illuminatti member. How do you explain him knowing that Inzaghi would score 2 in ucl 2007 final before the game? Superstition works… Read more »

OmarLittle
OmarLittle
Reply to  Coach Seedorf

Its not cursed Piatek is simply just a fraud

Raven
Raven
Reply to  Coach Seedorf

I like a good conspiracy theory. This was very interesting. But our 9 isn’t cursed. We just need a playmaker. We rely on mezzalas thats brute force over technique

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
6 months ago

To me all this sounds like Kaka 2.0 all over again; remind me how did his last season in Europe go?

soheil balini
soheil balini
Reply to  Baresis Dream

kaka wasn’t that bad in his second spell. He is a free agent. it’s not a lot of money. worst case scenario he will be bad. am I missing something?

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
Reply to  soheil balini

Kaka was bad mate, a shadow of himself. Like him, Zlatan won’t do much but take minutes off Piatek and Leao who are developing. And I don’t know how he’ll affect the dressing room, if he’s benched/subbed.

Don’t get me wrong, at his time he was one of the best strikers I’ve seen play for us; but even his greatness can’t stop time, and his last season at man u was mediocre to awful.

soheil balini
soheil balini
Reply to  Baresis Dream

I don’t know. I don’t see any development when watching Piatek/Leao right now so maybe a change could make them move their asses and try more.

+ you should consider EPL is much more intense and he was mostly injured. I know he is a gamble but do we have another choice? our best goal scorer is our left back!

If we still had Andre Silva and Cutrone, we wouldn’t be in this mess. Another reason to fire Maldini & Boban I guess.

soheil balini
soheil balini
Reply to  Baresis Dream

I get your dressing room point. as calm & pro Pioli is, I don’t think he will be able to handle Ibra. (Like Sarri & Ronaldo situation at Juve)

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
Reply to  soheil balini

Another reason to fire Boban/Maldini indeed; honestly I’ve had enough with all these former players. I would suggest banning from the current project anyone that played for us previously, legend or not.

soheil balini
soheil balini
Reply to  Baresis Dream

votedowns for this comment, shows we somehow deserve the position we are because apparently fans are happy with our recent performance