Milan and Eintracht Frankfurt agree a deal over the exchange of Rebić and André Silva, the players will join their new clubs on loan with option to buy

Ante Rebić celebrating during VfB Stuttgart-Eintracht Frankfurt at Mercedes-Benz Arena on November 2, 2018. (Photo by Alexander Hassenstein/Bongarts/Getty Images)

Ante Rebić has already landed in Milano and will have his medical tomorrow, while André Silva is set to start a new experience in Germany.

The transfer market ends on September 2nd and one day before the deadline, the Rossoneri managed to get some serious business done: André Silva is leaving the club – just one day after starting against Brescia – while Ante Rebić is joining from Bundesliga’s Eintracht Frankfurt.

At first the idea was to get Rebić, 25, on loan with obligation to buy for €25m. However, during the day of the negotiations, Silva entered the talks.

In the end Milan and Frankfurt agreed on a swap deal: the Croatian will join Milan on a two-year loan with option to buy, while the Portuguese will join Eintracht on the same basis. Both players have contracts with their teams until 2022 and they have similar values in the eyes of their clubs.

Rebić has already landed in Milano via a private plane and tomorrow he will undergo the medical check-ups before signing the contract with the Rossoneri. Ante, who was under contract with Fiorentina from 2013 to 2018, during which he had three loan spells, played 38 games last season, scoring 10 times and assisting 6 times. He was also linked with a move to Inter during the summer.

Ante is a versatile player who will give Marco Giampaolo more options up front. He is capable of playing as a second striker, but also as a center forward and a left winger. Milan were looking for that extra weapon in attack and they managed to get Rebić while sending André Silva away.

André Silva during Milan-Brescia at Stadio San Siro on August 31, 2019. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)

Rebić did not play in today’s Frankfurt win over Fortuna Düsseldorf and at the end of the game, Eintracht director of sport Fredi Bobic confirmed everything, as reported on Gianluca Di Marzio’s website: “He was watching the game next to me, now he can go. As we promised, we will say goodbye at the end of the day. Moving to Italy is his greatest wish. In return, we’ll have André Silva from Milan, who will be with us tomorrow and will undergo medical examinations. We will make an exchange between these two players. It will be a two-year loan. Tomorrow we’ll fix everything and then we’ll explain in detail, but there will be an exchange between these two players.”

For Silva, this will be the second time he leaves Milan. After an unsuccessful loan spell at Sevilla last year, and a failed move to Monaco, he’s now accepted Eintracht and will try to shine there.

Ink
Ink

This is good.

Ted
Ted

Two year loan??

Alexmilan
Alexmilan
Reply to  Ted

The Big Dog
The Big Dog
Reply to  Ted

Yeah, who would have thought we would end up with a world cup finalist when we asked for the likes of everton who is also great. But Rebic is a beast and a devastating force of nature. A hard worker who is fast, powerful and has great shot and everything. The deal would not have been impossible if wasnt for the relationship Boban has with the director of Frankfurt who is also balkan. Otherwise Rebic would have been impossible. Frankfurt lowered their prise for us based on mutual relation. Its was as easy as doing business with Genoa who are… Read more »

Deku
Deku
Reply to  The Big Dog

Only feels bad moment of our Mercato came when Kabak didn’t come and we had to settle for Duarte, but seeing how he most likely be used as 3rd-4th choice it doesn’t matter that much

Kudskicy
Kudskicy
Reply to  The Big Dog

Not really. Report says inter has agreed with rebic and eintracht also agree for a deal around 30m in case politano went to Fiorentina. But Inter decided to reject viola’s offer and abandon Rebic. And then Maldini saw an opprtunity and decided to get him possibly with the same offer with Inter’s offer.
As for squad, Milan is still way below juve inter napoli. Milan is the same as Roma whose obviously targetting young prospects. While juve inter Napoli are targetting proven or star players.

MilanEstonia
MilanEstonia
10 months ago

Very very smart deal imo. He could be a hit or no. But since it’s a loan – makes it very good business! Still think Correa could arrive tomorrow but even if not, we’re good. Now for Gian to start making the team more functional after the break.

Willsmilan
Willsmilan
Reply to  MilanEstonia

Replacing Silva with Rebecca those not solve our entire problem, we still have a whole lots of issues, mostly we lack creativity nd I wonder what remedy we have in place, as clearly seen nw Suso can’t do anything behind the strikers without drifting to his comfortable right wing to do something good, nd ofcuz most time as seen in the past he his never consistent tru out a season, we really need a Corea, Oscar or James Rodríguez

MilanEstonia
MilanEstonia
Reply to  Willsmilan

Who the F is Rebecca? XD

Willsmilan
Willsmilan
Reply to  MilanEstonia

Sorry typo error, I meant Ante Rebic

Reply to  Willsmilan

Rebic is no upgrade, agreed 100%.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

What are you guys using to evaluate players to say that Rebic is no upgrade? Not arguing but honestly I don’t understand how you can come to that conclusion.

Reply to  nick

Nick, listen mate. I appreciate your enthusiasm, but at this point, with the amount of arguments between us, and reality slapping both of us in the face (Udine and Brescia), you have to at least give me some credit. I’ve watched Rebic quite a bit, in particular in the WC and last year’s bundesleague. If he’s designated as a LW, then he’s no better than Hakan there. A far cry from what we need. Yes, he’s physical and has a lot of stamina and tenacity in his play, but he won’t create enough for us; not even close. He just… Read more »

alexmilan
alexmilan
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Who said we need a LW position ???? They were looking for a SS that can play also trequartista, this was what Giampaolo wanted, a SS to put near Piatek, he can break the defences with his physicity and also technique, can give a lot of assists and has executions. They don’t bring a LW, they bring a SS !

MilanEstonia
MilanEstonia
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Baresi, I agree with you mostly about Rebic. But let’s say after the 6th or 7th league game: would you prefer one of our starters to be substituted by Rebic or by Lord Borini or a weak Casti falling down after every touch. He is not a huge upgrade but definitely an efficient upgrade.

Reply to  MilanEstonia

MilanEstonia that’s a fair point. But I rather we got a starter than a semi-decent sub.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

@Baresis Dream…I hear you bro and I meant no disrespect as I value your opinion. I always watch the Bundesliga as well as I am a big fan of Borussia Dortmund and Croatia. I’ve seen Rebic play for club and country and also the Europa knockout rounds and I would never even put his name in the same sentence as Calhanoglu who in my opinion is nowhere near the quality of Rebic. Rebic has more effect on changing games and it’s a pity Milan couldn’t secure Jovic and Haller along with Rebic. These 3 guys were devastating last season. But… Read more »

Charlie
Charlie
Reply to  Baresis Dream

I don’t understand how y’all are making these value judgements but Rebic is definitely an upgrade compared to Andre Silva. He’s more direct, faster, stronger and has better technique. What metrics are your judgements based on?

Alexmilan
Alexmilan
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Compared to Castillejo it’s a huge upgrade !

The Big Dog
The Big Dog
Reply to  Alexmilan

This guy is a real beast with speed, power, dribbling technique, shooting and the best thing about him is his work ethic. He has no off button like we saw in the World. He is like Suarez who would die for the team. But at this point we might as well add Messi as a Trequartista but I am afraid that our messed up Coach will put their a$$e$$ on the bench too Castillejo and Suso. No respect for quality!

Reply to  MilanEstonia

Nick fair enough mate; eachs own opinion. I hope I’m completely wrong about him, and he turns out to be a star (or even decent for that matter); I’ll come out and admit that I was wrong. Alexmilan, I definitely don’t trust Rebic as a number 10, and as a SS … well, I guess he’s better than Samu. But that’s not saying much. Guys, we needed a star winger with a killer right foot, e.g. Depay, Everton, and so forth. We could have got one of those or other options for one third of what we spent in this… Read more »

Ashraf
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Baresis dream one thing i like about rebic he is fighter who chase the ball and won’t let defenders to over play us

Ryan
Ryan
Reply to  Baresis Dream

And you think Correa is that star? The guy with 5 goals last season?

Alexmilan
Alexmilan
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Taison would be that kind you are talking about

Shaka
Shaka
10 months ago

this is a great news, I’m not happy Silva left us but I’m optimistic that Rebic will do for Milan than Silva. He is very versatile. I wish him the best

A.R.
A.R.

Now were talkin,..

Nesta1
Nesta1
10 months ago

Looks a fantastic player, and if we get correa too milan will be back in business I’m sure.

The Big Dog
The Big Dog
Reply to  Nesta1

If our messed up coach plays them why not.

Ryan
Ryan
Reply to  Nesta1

Dont need Correa

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin
10 months ago

We still need Everton, we need speed on transition. We need to have players that can give 1 2 passes and get up the field quickly. We are to slow with and without the ball.

Ashraf
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Nathan correct

Rossi
Rossi
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Well Rebic offers exactly that.

The Big Dog
The Big Dog
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Right now we don’t need Éverton although getting him will only give us more quality option up front. Rebic, Piatek, Leão, Paquetá, Bonaventura, Kessié, Hernández, Romagnoli, Caldara when he returns and Calabria. This a Scudetto winning team in my opinion. But why the heck should that be too hard for Giampaolo understand? That man has balls for all this crazy actions in the beginning. If he Milan does not qualify to the CL with our Current squad then Giampaolo should go down as the worse coach in Italian history.

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin
Reply to  The Big Dog

@the big dog. I say we need him only bc I feel like we are heading back towards the 433, or even a 4231. We won’t be playing rebic and piatek together seeing ass we don’t even have a sub for piatek that’s a natural sticker, with rebic seeming as the closest one. If I’m correct about this then the speed in transition and 1 v 1 is something we will need. Suso, castellejo, hakan for that matter do not have the ability to beat a person and leave them. You know how important that is when it comes to… Read more »

alexmilan
alexmilan
10 months ago

Offtopic : morontela’s objective is Fiorentina’s relegation !!! Last year he was very very close to succeed, now he is more decided to fulfil his objective :)))))))

On topic : Rebic is a good player and he will do here great things ! I like him, I like his attitude, I like his executions, I like his assists, I like his phisicality, he is very versatile, can play SS, LW, trequartista and he is the right man for Milan !

stuball78
stuball78
Reply to  alexmilan

Very fast also, Likes to take on his man which is seriously lacking in the squad

AxelBlaze
AxelBlaze
Reply to  alexmilan

he got rid of Simeone and replaced him with Boateng. XDDDDDD

alexmilan
alexmilan
Reply to  AxelBlaze

At Milan he got rid of Bacca to play his lover, Kalinic. And this was the start of Andre Silva decline, he is the first who destroyed Andre. f…ing moron ! I am so glad for every failure of him !!!! the most wash-out caricature of coach !!! FFFFF morontela !

Ewaen
Ewaen

Great news and deal.
I’ve watched some Serie A matches this season, and it’s good to say Milan have the potential for top 4. Been mostly impressed by Juve, Napoli and Torino. And I know Torino will not compete consistently.

Spencer
10 months ago

Don’t think Correa is coming anymore. I watched the Atletico vs Eibar game and the commentator confirmed that Correa is staying at Atleti this season. I don’t mind if he doesn’t come, even though I know he would have given us an extra hand in attack. Can we just sign one good midfielder to balance things perfectly. As we still have the 30/35 left to spend.

Rossi
Rossi
10 months ago

Great deal, if any one remembers i proposed this same swap month ago on this site, but i didnt expected Frankfurt to except a straith swap since Rebic is valued at 40mil so this is even better, great job. I think this is the player we need, he has an eye for an assist (and im not talking about just crosses), has a good shot with booth feet, also very strong and fast player.

Ash
Ash
10 months ago

Great signing, hard working and intelligent attacker. He will do very well in Giampaolo style of play. This is a much better and wiser signing for free as Silva will likely cost Frankfurt the same compared to Correa who would cost 40m. Really looking forward to seeing him do well for us.

stuball78
stuball78
Reply to  Ash

I’ve always been a fan

Milanfan653
Milanfan653
10 months ago

I’m not happy about silva leaving
Because he actually impressed me yesterday more than piatek
On that left side but this guy looks really good

Baggio
Baggio
10 months ago

Good buy, unless bona is still not fit. Can we start him? He is 100 times better than pretty hair and borini.

Coach Seedorf
Coach Seedorf
10 months ago

Welcome Rebic!! Didn’t watch our game again as usual but I’m happy we won and didn’t concede. I hope our defence stays good and our midfield/ attack continues to improve. Inter lovers, how well did they perform today? Now you see that Lecce just came from relegation and played away to Inter and got thrashed, doesn’t mean inter are invincible yet neither is Milan Lecce. I hope we continue to improve though I don’t know why Castillejo keeps starting and it may not stop anytime soon as Giampaolo said he is the one that does what he wants of his… Read more »

10 months ago

The terms of the deal are not bad, but Rebic doesn’t have enough quality to give us any upgrade imo. An underwhelming ending to underwhelming merkato. Fassobelli made me miss Galliani, and now Boban/Maldini make miss Fassobelli.

I really hope Giampaolo is this tactical genius everyone promised me, because mgmt definitely didn’t provide him the tools for a CL qualification. I don’t want to be that guy, but it’s really hard to stay hopeful with all these mediocre decisions being made.

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Bro we had the chance to get conte, sarri and instead we get this guy who prefers borini, hakan and suso to better players like paqueta, bona, leao and bennaser

Reply to  Nathan Graegin

I hear you Nathan, and that’s also on the mgmt. I guess they wanted someone relatively weak so as he will not interfere in the transfer market.

Al83
Al83
Reply to  Nathan Graegin

Seriously, you believe that we could get Conte and Sarri? Com’n guys, wake up.
Regarding the players he didn’t use, it’s pretty clear that they didn’t play because they were not ready. They will all be starters very soon.

Al83
Al83
Reply to  Baresis Dream

The whole situation is far from perfect but your pessimism is also a bit too much and frankly unfounded. Which of our competitors (for the 4th obviously) have better coaches and especially players? Lazio? Roma? Or Atalanta? Please name more than 2 players of each team that would be starters in Milan. And contrary, which of these teams do they have Donna, Roma, Paqueta, Piatek, Suso, Kessie, Bennacer… ? And to make it more to the point, which of these teams have anything better than Rebic? Yes, the team is not great, it’s not what we call Milan quality but… Read more »

Kossy milan
Kossy milan
10 months ago

I don’t know what you guys are high on, who the F is this guy and how is he an upgrade, this is exactly why Leonardo left, we pick up trash players every year expecting a miracle that never comes, look at the way we played and won against brescia, it was like brescia was playing hellas Verona, Milan are starting to lose their head and it is really getting worse every season

Reply to  Kossy milan

Yep. Pretty much sums up our situation.

Charlie
Charlie
Reply to  Kossy milan

Dude, Juve won the serie a with vucinic and matri as their top strikers. I think we have had a decent Mercato. Hernandez is definitely a starter, Bennacer too. Krunic is a sub in the midfield department but to be fair, we got him for 8 million. Ante is also a starter. The only signing I don’t understand at the moment is Leao. I reckon time will tell what the plan is for the kid. He definitely has talent though. I think that this narrow system might not work. It relies heavily on precise coordinations in the midfield and a… Read more »

OmarLittle
OmarLittle
Reply to  Kossy milan

I feel you buddy but believe me better to have this guy than Andre Silva it will take 2 seasons before we can spend big money on quality players but right now it is not possible i guess because of FFP

Lando
Lando
10 months ago

if rebic comes and silva goes, then it means leao will be the back up for piatek?
strange move indeed
so it will be
Donna
Calabria – Musa – Roma – Theo
Kessie – Bennacer – Paqueta/Hakan
Suso – Rebic
Piatek / Leao

The idea of 4-2-3-1 is more appealing to me since i prefer hakan/paqueta or even jack goes more forward and closer to the striker

But tbh i’m glad to see milan midfield finally looks good and have depth

Reply to  Lando

Strange move indeed; one of many I might add.

AxelBlaze
AxelBlaze
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Leao came for 4-3-1-2. now that we switched to 4-3-2-1 he’s an automatic sub.

Reply to  Lando

You do realize that you’re formation is 4321 and not 4231?

Lando
Lando
Reply to  nick

I do, what i wrote there is 4-3-2-1, that’s why i said i like 4-2-3-1 more

Oby
Oby
Reply to  Lando

This should be our first eleven if our coach is going to work on his prefer information
4-3-1-2

Conti – Musa/Duarte – Roma – Theo/RR
Kessie – Bennacer – Jack/Hakan
Paqueta/Hakan
Rebic – Piatek

bench should be
suso
leao
krunic
calabra
hakan or paqueta

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Lando

Giam love and only master 4-3-1-2, therefore, after Rebic, if we sign Taison, i guess he attempt to come back to this formation again. In Brescia game, i think he still used the 4-3-1-2 but “asymetric” with Suso start as a FW but usually moved to the right wing, while Hakan, a mezzala, is asked go advance in the left.

dodger
dodger
10 months ago

Well lets see how long it takes the master tactician to include him in his plans! My guess: at least one month and of course he is after Lord Borini and Lord pretty hair in the pecking order! I like him. I hope he starts playing right away. By the way, good riddance of Silva. Lets hope he will score in Germany which is really easy so we can sell him permanently.

Milanellofm
Milanellofm
10 months ago

If Andre Silva leaves I just see it as a direct swap so I think we still need to get another attacking player.. Specifically a trequartista

MilanEstonia
MilanEstonia
10 months ago

Taison is much better than lord Borini and lord fancy-hair Casti combined. He could be even better than suso with his passing and attacks from the middle. Still hoping for Correa or Everton tomorrow though. Fingers crossed. Off topic: eventhough our last two games were poor, I still think we’re gonna have a great season this year finishing top 4. I saw inter’s game earlier, and I don’t think conte has turned them into a title winning team yet. Their attack today was as clueless as ours was most of the time. Roma and Lazio will fight for 5th and… Read more »

dapito
dapito
10 months ago

i’m only scared about one thing… the stupid coach will put REBIC in the bench and still put 4 clowns as starters (suso, hakan, boring, samu)… it already happen with krunic and bennacer..
if we dont protest with him, he still put boring rather than bennacer

10 months ago

I was very impressed with Eintracht Frankfurt last season and I’m happy with Milan signing Rebic. Milan should also plan to sign Sebastien Haller and Luka Jovic so that these 3 guys can play together for Milan. They were incredible to watch last season and if they can link up for AC Milan we will have a really unbelievable trident of attackers. With these guys in the team we can finally get rid of Suso and Calhanoglu next season. Jovic start to La Liga isn’t going well at Real Madrid. Maybe we can get him on loan with an option… Read more »

SinzuSinzu7
10 months ago

Just pray he perform and not be waste

EL92
EL92
10 months ago

Terrible signing, no quality. I’m pretty sure he has more yellow cards in the last 3/4 seasons the goals + assists. We needed quality, this is an absolute failure on the part of Maldini and Boban. Only upside is that that’s it’s a loan deal, and maybe we’ll have extra to spend tomorrow or in January. But it looks we’re gonna throw that away on a 31 year from the Ukrainian league, so no benefit really.

Alexmilan
Alexmilan
Reply to  EL92

That 31 played himself in Champions league more than all our players in Europa league ! You forget that Shakhtar produced players like Willian, Douglas Costa, Fernandinho, Fred, so what’s the problem with ukrainian league ?

Charlie
Charlie
Reply to  EL92

Dude your comment adds nothing at all to the conversation.

Lando
Lando
10 months ago

From what i saw on youtube (i know it’s not reliable) but it looks like rebic has not only speed but he also can use both feet.
I wish giampaolo would field trio rebic – piatek – leao in the future, on the paper piatek would be supported with 2 fast ss

Reply to  Lando

That would be a very good front 3.

Donadoni
Donadoni
10 months ago

Wasn’t exactly thrilled until I heard about the loan options and getting rid of Silva. This move makes total sense.

Raven
Raven
10 months ago

I’m thrilled Rebic has the balls Milan needs. Nice one Maldini!

Harris
Harris
10 months ago

To be honest I don’t think Andre Silva is that bad of a player, we all saw him on Saturday. However, Rebic is a very good player, I’ve always wished he played for milan and I’m sure we’ll all see how good he is soon provided our director of football of a coach don’t wait till November before he thinks Rebic is ready for his so called philosophy!

Oby

krunic
calabra
hakan or paqueta

Ted
Ted
9 months ago

You know what would be a cherry on top of this mercato? Finding last minute club for Castillejo even if just a loan. I just can’t stand the guy and I’m afraid he’ll be frequently used in matches.

Donadoni
Donadoni
Reply to  Ted

If that happened a bottle of something decent would be getting opened. I fear we are stuck with the dud. He very clearly wants to stay. Lucky us 🙁

Reply to  Ted

Ted….I would be the first to buy everyone on this blog a drink. It’s painful watching him on the pitch and I’m at a lost as to why he is getting so much playing time. Smh

Martin Bernhard
Martin Bernhard
9 months ago

Hell yeah !!! about time he left our Club and rebic is deffently a better replacement than silva so really happy about this deal

Saint
Saint
9 months ago

Borini is the most annoying playing all coach’s still use …u have a whole lot of player and u prefer a borini to them all …why not sell borini for even 5m he should just go …I hate having that guy on our squad list

derya
derya
Reply to  Saint

borini plus 5 m then u can get rid of him.

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin
9 months ago

So the Correa deal is officially off. We wasted all this time on a person who had no chance of coming unless we sold more players when we could have used the same money being offered for Everton, depay, neres tonali or an atm that actually has a creative brain. Instead we are still focusing on a 31 yr old player past his prime with very low resale value! And guess what, we won’t be getting him either since a loan option is not happening. This is why we get pissed off with the management. Honestly we should have seen… Read more »