Report: Sevilla decide not to use their André Silva buy-out option, even if Milan decide to give a discount

André Silva during Athletic Bilbao-Sevilla at San Mamés on January 13, 2019. (ANDER GILLENEA/AFP/Getty Images)

André Silva will most likely return to Milan as it appears Sevilla have decided they don’t want to keep him.

Silva arrived to Milan in the summer of 2017 as part of the mercato of Marco Fassone and Massimiliano Mirabelli, but after a very disappointing debut season in Italy, the striker was sent to Sevilla on loan with option to be bought.

The Portuguese’s adventure at Sevilla started brilliantly with a hat-trick on his La Liga debut but after a great beginning (7 goals in the first 7 Matchdays), Silva’s season took a turn for the worse.

The 23-year-old hasn’t found the net since January 26 and has been dealing with physical problems (tendonitis in the knee) and so Silva has fallen from grace. Therefore, the Seville-based Estadio Deportivo reports that Rojiblancos director Monchi has decided to send Silva back to Milan.

It’s said that Monchi, who returned to Sevilla at the start of the month, has no interest in keeping Silva. The La Liga side have an option to buy the ex-Porto striker for €38m-€39m, but it’s stated that Monchi won’t even try to negotiate a discount and get Silva permanently for a better price.

It’s hard to imagine that Silva will stay at Milan next season as the Rossoneri already have Krzysztof Piątek and Patrick Cutrone. André could perhaps be used as a bargaining chip to get a new player.

nick
nick

Not surprised here. Most of Mirabelli and Fassone signings are all flops. Gattuso, Calhanoglu, Biglia, Borini, Kalinic, Andre Silva, Musacchio, Bonucci, RicRod-too slow and sloppy for me. All flops in my opinion.

Only Kessie and Conti seems like a good signing. Even though Conti is going through a run of poor form right now which I believe is down to his injuries and being out for so long.

Milan need a total overhaul under Leonardo and Maldini.

Sam
Sam
Reply to  nick

You consider Kessie a good signing???? I’m sorry but I disagree!

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream

So, where are all the Andre Silva fans who told us what a big mistake we made by letting him leave this season? Suddenly quite?

Don’t get me wrong, I think the kid has a lot of talent. But he’s not ready to lead the line of a top team. Maybe a trade for Deloufou can be worked out?

Soheil
Soheil
Reply to  Baresis Dream

I’m here! I still think he would be a great success in the near future. Still a mistake. Milan need young talented players instead of old farts (Biglia, Higuain &…). But first of all we need a coach like Gasperini who probably would make a star out of him

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
Reply to  Soheil

Soheil, is he 40 million good (Recall Piatek cost 25 million)?

Of course with an infinite budget, no FFP rules, then he could be of use. But the highest costing player of your merkato cannot lead the team until maybe (big maybe) he grows 3-4 years older?

Milanmario1
Milanmario1
Reply to  Baresis Dream

I’m here too. He needs a good coach and a management team who can give him support and trust. We all need that in order to perform at the best of our ability. This poor young man was never given that. He was always the third option so by default we ruined his morale which for a young player going to a foreign country and league for the first time is crucial. I’m still confident in his abilities.

Jermaine
Jermaine

Milan shouldn’t have let me go to Sevilla a loan with a option to buy

Ink
Ink

Most Portuguese players seem to be insanely overrated.
Good thing I could predict all of it!
Hire me Milan!
Or at least consult me!

Jokes aside, hoping to see a more vertical play tonight. Forza Milan.

Shackur

I stand by Gattuso till rest of the season before I judge his stay in Milan or Sack. At least for some years now we battle for Europa not CL….But if Gattuso (first season) with a team of about 7 new players have pushed to this level on the log table plus semi finals of coppa Italia then….all we need rather is to support and wish we qualify for the CL instead of sack sack new coach new coach agitations

Bajan Milanatic
Bajan Milanatic

I honestly think that we can still use a player of his potential, but my only concern would be his injury problems and if it’s a reoccurring issue. With the abilities he possesses, it’s possible that he can be effective as a wide player in a front three.