Fassone: “We expect the CAS sentence to arrive tomorrow morning, the physical presence of Elliott is significant”

Marco Fassone before Atalanta-Milan at Stadio Atleti Azzurri d'Italia on May 13, 2017. (Photo by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images)
    Marco Fassone before Atalanta-Milan at Stadio Atleti Azzurri d’Italia on May 13, 2017. (Photo by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images)

Marco Fassone has said it was an ‘intense day’ in Lausanne, as Milan are now waiting to hear CAS’ final verdict.

UEFA excluded Milan from the 2018/19 Europa League and the club chose to appeal against this decision before the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS).

Since the announcement to appeal was made, many things changed at Milan as Yonghong Li is no longer the owner of the Rossoneri. Instead, Elliott Management are now in charge of the Diavolo.

The hearing before CAS took place today (Thursday): CEO Marco Fassone was accompanied by CFO Valentina Montanari, lawyers Cappelli and Aiello, a legal expert in sports disputes, Antonio Rigozzi, and also by the representative of Elliott, Franck Tuil, who is one of their Portfolio Managers.

After a very long day, Fassone faced the media to speak about his feelings coming out of the hearing:

“It’s the third or fourth time that I give you my sensations when a very long day like this ends: today was a very intense day, we’ve been here from 09:30 this morning and there was a lot of time to listen to all the parties,” Fassone said to Sky. “The feeling is that everyone listened very carefully, we have gone into detail, exploring the business, financial and legal aspects and now the panel has all the elements to judge, according to the lawfulness, in the best possible way.

Marco Fassone and Massimiliano Mirabelli before Benevento-Milan at at Stadio Ciro Vigorito on December 3, 2017. (@acmilan.com)

“If Elliot’s presence has a weight? I think so, we tried to put together all our possibilities in terms of legal support and the presence of Franck Tuil gave further support to the [documents] already explained to UEFA in the past. But a physical presence at a time like this, with a change of the shareholder, is certainly significant. We expect the sentence to arrive tomorrow morning.”

On Friday morning, in the late morning-early afternoon, Milan will finally know whether they’ll play in Europe next season or not. The decision of CAS on this matter is final and cannot be appealed.

Safari
    Safari

Even though you not naturally a Rossoneri, you’ve earn it through your loyality as if you are once a hero of ours… From the day you took the position of yours been loyal, commitment to the cause of ours. Grazie Fassone

O'GABB'S
    Reply to  Safari

Thanks @Safari for saying what almost all have refused to say.

Naz
    Naz

In my opinion it’s only important that we’re allowed to play in the Europa league because of the embarrassment of being denied entry and how bad it makes us look, but on the other hand given how big Ac Milan were/are CAS could decide not to change the verdict to show the world that UEFA means business when it comes to there FFP rules We can shout from the rooftops about PSG, Manchester City, Monaco ext…. who seemingly do as they please about spending money but the facts of the matter are that whatever they spend they can well afford… Read more »

oluwashevy

Europa league or not I pray we have a better billionaire owners to get us quality players not quantity have been seeing some garbage players wanting to come

to Milan off late we don’t kick of this season with mediocrety when our opposition are strength in they teams all I want to hear change of ownership with a prospective plans in purpose because we are Milan we should come back to our glory days I can’t wait for our prestigious club to bounce back we all can’t wait either best of luck I pray CAS favored us

Rhema
    Rhema

For me for the beauty of the game Milan should be allowed to play in the Europa league it’s not only good for eufa board business and commercial wise it will also show that they appreciate a team like Milan for over time putting smiles and happiness to fans all over the world ..but I think with the help of Elliot fund i think eufa should consider Milan and their future plans… For at least season I know this Milan come good

Francke
    Francke

Thanks Fassone.I believe in this squad even if we just buy Depay and a striker then it’s better.

Rico
    Rico

Comment:I see a positive verdict tomorrow. FORZA MILAN.

Mathijs Van Sloun
    Mathijs Van Sloun

Punishing Milan for excluding them of EL makes no sense. They just put Milan further down then.

In my opinion, they should punish Milan with only selling players until a certain income is achieved.

Further, FASSOBELLI should’ve never let this embarrassment happen after all. They went allin for mediocre players.

Larryoil

Lord,your will be done!!!all we want is d one dat will favour us,coz our rival teams as really strengthen some loopholes in dere team for both the league and d champions league!!!Your will be done

cuongminhtran
    cuongminhtran

Hey Fassone, shut your mouth up and repair all Fassonelli’ faults last Mecarto!
    Everyone now hope CAS will listen to our club and make a fair judgement. After all, you and Mirabelli should get f*ck other here, and we will thank you for that!

Mugabe
    Mugabe

My best all time milan squad, wonderful multicultural mix of african and italian/european players.

$$$Dollarumma$$$
    De sciglio-Zapata-Bonera-Constant
    Muntari-Montolivo-Essien
    Borini-Kalinic-Niang

Bench: Matri, Cerci, Bakaye Traore, Dhorasoo ,Leandro Grimi, Onyewu, Eleftheropoulos

B1
    B1

I dunno bout the rest of the supporters but I am happy with the way Fassone has communicated with and managed the club so far… Mirabelli on the other hand has not really impressed me but what has disappointed me the most is Maldini’s lack of support for the club in this time of crisis… I mean I dont totally blame him and can’t judge as it is easy to make assumption when you are nowhere near reality.. mostly tho I wish the players don’t lose heart.

jus me