Stefano Mazzoni has given the update on the situation of the injured players, and at the moment there are only two.
After last week’s break, Milan are back working ahead of Sunday’s match against Cagliari (18:00 CET kickoff), and today team doctor Stefano Mazzoni gave the usual update on the injured Rossoneri.
“Abate, Antonelli and Paletta have been training with the rest of the squad for a couple of days now, they are fit,” Mazzoni told MilanTV today. “Jose Mauri is fit too, his ankle has recovered, he is doing individualized training as he was ruled out longer rand needs more time to get back in shape.
“The injured players as of today are Conti and Storari. In regard to Marco, who suffered a lesion to the gastrocnemius muscle in his calf, he will undergo an examination next week and we’ll take stock of the situation with the diagnostic procedures the upcoming week.
“As for Andrea Conti, it’s been four months since the surgery, he’s working mainly on the pitch, of course doing individual and personalized training. We are reading dates of when Andrea will return to action as well. [But] internally, we haven’t set a specific date as of now.
“He’s undergoing an individualized training progamme on the pitch. We will evaluate this work with some tests, every two weeks, and based on the results the following two weeks of training will be scheduled. What we can say is that we’re really pleased with how things have gone so far.
“But there is still work to be done and we’ll do it cautiously.” Conti only played 2 Serie A games before suffering and ACL injury, so – in the spirit of Galliani – it can be said that he’ll be like a new signing.