il Barone: “Us fans deserve to have such enthusiasm after years of sacrifices and disappointments, De Sciglio…”

Milan fans show their support prior to the Milan training session at Milanello on July 5, 2017. (Photo by Emilio Andreoli/Getty Images)

Giancarlo Capelli, one of the leaders of the Curva Sud, hopes for more signings and is pleased with the level of enthusiasm the fans have.

About 5000 fans, led by the Curva Sud, were at the Diavolo training center Milanello yesterday for the first day of training, showing their support to the new management and the old & new players.

Billy Costacurta compared yesterday’s scenes to the start of the Silvio Berlusconi era and Curva leader Capelli – nicknamed il Barone – says the fans deserve this.

“The enthusiasm at Milanello? It was great to see so euphoria yesterday: boys, children, whole families, already present from the morning,” il Barone told Milannews.it today. “It’s been years since we saw such euphoria, we hope there will also be euphoria in the stands. We hope that there will be another purchase, Montella said that the team is not yet complete. We are pleased that there is enthusiasm because us Milanisti fans deserve it after years of sacrifices and disappointments.

“The new leadership? It’s important to be serious and be professional at work. They give the impression that there’s desire for revenge that the Rossoneri people, who in recent years have had to suffer so much anguish want. The important thing is to create a great Milan. Season tickets? The prices should remain unchanged and this is an honor for this leadership.

“Gianluigi Donnarumma [who will renew soon]? We evaluate things, we look forward to seeing how things are going to end. We’ll decide as fans how to act with him. The position of De Sciglio to leave the club? I was hoping that he’d become the future captain of Milan – I still do. I’m sorry that he doesn’t want to stay at Milan. If someone doesn’t believe in [Milan] then it’s better he goes away.”

Milan’s first pre-season friendly is on the 11th of July against Swiss side Lugano. The first competitive match is a Europa League third round qualification encounter on the 27th of July.

Kourosh
Kourosh

Hell yeah we deserve it. Our time has finally come.

Dwayne
Dwayne

You could also analyze that the Curva Sud showing up on the first Pre-Season training was like welcoming the new Milan and the era that is about to begin. Essentially chasing away that gloomy Milan and welcoming a new regenerated Milan. It’s time to rebuild guys, and that’s the fun part! FORZA MILAN!

Cocor
Cocor

Let’s hope at least 50 to 55 thousands season passes will be sold

dodoz
dodoz
Reply to  Cocor

And lots and lots of merchandise. From jerseys, barners, bands etc..

gbazics
gbazics

With the present situations you can boldly say you are a fan of Milan without any ridicule.

Reply to  gbazics

The best time to boldly declare ur milanista is when milan are down, that way u’d know ur not one of those gloryhunters

Obinna
Obinna
Reply to  gbazics

Yes here in Nigeria I have been an object of ridicule over the years from family members and friends

Reply to  Obinna

Family and friends who dislike milan are not family and friends

Tunexomomummy
Reply to  Obinna

Me too, bt I never stopped believing
is there a group for Milan fans Nigeria on whatsapp to get news and communicate with other Rossoneri fan

joel david
joel david
Reply to  Obinna

My is worst in Nigeria delter state and sapele local government to be price people usually mock me but now I can speak nd Bragg before them. Fuza Milan. Obinna plz let me have ur number so that we can be communicating on whtsapp. All Nigeria Milan fan and all over the world thus is my whtsapp number. 0706121413

Protheus
Protheus
Reply to  gbazics

Indonesian’s here, I lost count on the insults. Ppl calling me retirement home fans, lord bonera descendants, matri’s cult leader, or asking whether milan will buy some old washed out player with contracts running out. Rofl.

But not this mercato my brothers! We will rise!

Well tbh I’m a bit worried though lol, so many signings, hope they can adapt real fast.

Modimudh
Modimudh
Reply to  gbazics

Ahhh! Here in Nigeria too. The Arsenal fans are the worst. Always taunting me about being a milan fan. The fans that don’t disturb me a Liverpool and Madrid fans. The rest argh. But thank God. We can say this is a stepping stone. I agree abit with Boban that not excellent players but they are good players with room to grow to be greater than excellent. As for Donnaruma, I hope he’s young and has time ahead of him. Let him calm down he’s here because of Milan, Milan is here because of previous good patient goal keepers. He’s… Read more »

Lekym
Lekym

Please lets go out there and support this new management in whatever way we can… We are milan… Not the players… Not the staffs… We the fans are milan…. Buy your season tickets if you can…. Or original merchandise e.g milan jersey…. Support them please m… Go to san siro and put fear in our opponents #wearemila

Nelly30
Nelly30
Reply to  Lekym

Your Good marketer my friend!
You know how to tell a story!!

Cocor
Cocor

Not in the free market guys, get the real one online with addidas ,
For us who can not go the stadium

Ck
Ck
Reply to  Cocor

Yes i have played my part. Both home n away kit as soon as it was available on AC Milan website. For asian, it is advisable to get the S size. Delivery just took 2 to 3 working days and I live in South East Asia.

Nimar
Nimar

We dream of days like this again we as the fans
So lets be there for this reborn milan
Anywhere u are give ur support
Good days ahead
Forza Milan red and black forever

Vic
Vic

Now its the real of ac milan year zero. Forza Milan!

Nathan Graegin
Nathan Graegin

Man we really do deserve it, after years of being laughed at the diavolo are back to bring the days all teams including real would hate to face! We never stopped believing! Forza Milan!

Agni
Agni

I too will buy original Milan shirt online, not sure which players shirt though. Feels good to be spoilt for choices.

Aussie Bogan
Aussie Bogan

Aubamayang shirt number 7 that would be sold out for sure

Reply to  Aussie Bogan

Pastore #10 is more like it

dodoz
dodoz
Reply to  Milan10

Hahaha.. funny guys.
I like this.
Yes we all have to support the team. Not just by staying behind our tv set.
We have to come out and be active by buying tickets and Jerseys..

Reply to  dodoz

Buying jerseys is nice and all but how about saving money to go on pilgrimage to holy casa milan and san siro?

I really miss those loud ucl night at the san siro. van basten overhead kick, savicevic performances vs french opponents in semi finals, sheva’s goal vs madrid, 3-0 drubbing vs mu, hell even boateng goal vs arsenal; All those magical moments were always accompanied by loud enthusiastic noises made by faithful fanatic milanisti. It still gives me chills remembering all those nights.
Its high time milanisti support milan all the way to the very top of football world again. Its the least we can do.
Oh well, better times ahead

Kaka22
Kaka22

Off topic
For all those bacca lovers name one striker in the top teams in Europe that bacca is better than,barca-suarez,bayern-lewandowski,Chelsea-costa,inter-icardi,juve-huigain,man u-ibra,Madrid-benzema,city-aguero,psg-cavani
Even in Italy he isn’t even top 5 cos huigain,icardi,dzeko,mertens,milik,belotti and even kalinic(cos he has a better hold up play)are all better
Bacca has no hold up play, no ball control, no dribble, no speed,even last season his finishing was below par
Don’t get me wrong I was very excited wen we signed bacca but it turns out he’s not just for us,he’s for clubs that don’t demand much from their strikers

Reply to  Kaka22

Please come back and write ur comment again when icardi, milik, mertens and kalinic win europa league back to back. Besides, do milan really have players who’re best in their respective positions?

Obinna
Obinna

Please what is boban saying. That he is not convinced of the project. Let him park well and stay clear. My Almighty and beloved Milan is back

olumide
olumide

well for all i care Bacca, can still perfume well if give the chance, and for boban he cannot believe untill get to see the performance ( like peter in the bible ). forza milan.

Reply to  olumide

Which perfume mate? Personally i like chanel allure homme and ysl’s la nuit de’l homme but i think both arent suited for footballing activities

The MilanViking
The MilanViking
Reply to  Milan10

LOL #savage

#1Milan Fan South Africa
#1Milan Fan South Africa

Milan needs to catch Madrid we have been missing for far too long.We need the 8th Ucl Crown soon.

th
th

Long awaited!!! Here in Kigali-Rwanda, I can’t believe my eyes! We need to chase Real Madrid for Champions league trophies. That is what Milan is made for and deserves. We do not want anymore to lose to relegating teams at San Siro any more! Juventus needs to give back our seat

harris
harris

Lol. Milan10 you’re from which country?

Reply to  harris

Im from all conquering indonesia mate, no country for old men. Please watch peter jackson’s king kong to find out where it is on the map. We’re not all king kong here mind u

Protheus
Protheus
Reply to  Milan10

Whoa, thought you were italian, you did perfect english mate, that’s a rare feat among us Indonesians.

Reply to  Protheus

I AM italian stallion where it matters mate haha, kidding.

My english is far from perfect mate, even i notice it but im too lazy to proofread my comments.

I rarely see u here my fellow indonesian. Come and share ur thoughts more often here mate.

Oh well, better times ahead for us milanisti

Protheus
Protheus
Reply to  Milan10

Will do.. I actually browse this blog quite often, its just most of the time I disagree with the comment section, and i lack the enthusiasm to properly replying some braindead comment xD. But not yours.. Yours are actually good and witty. I’ll see ya around thn mate!

San Siro
San Siro

Yes we need to go for our 8 ucl trophy

San Siro Milan
San Siro Milan

I just change from Joel David and san siro to san siro Milan. My whtapp number is 07067121413 all Milan fan are my family’s

Chijioke
Chijioke

Gloryland. I am a proud Rossoneri. Now I can dream big.

Haso112
Haso112

At the very first signing by this new guys, I ordered my 2017/2018 Milan Jersey & Jacket and they arrived today direct from the Milan Store.. Last time I bought Milan Jerseys for myself and my family was 2010/2011 IBRACADABRA & HASO112… Anyone wants a free 2017/2018 Jersey on me?

hydar
hydar
Reply to  Haso112

Please I need one.

Arash
Arash
Reply to  Haso112

I want one :))
Here in Iran, it is really hard to buy an original milan jersey. Milan stores worldwide don’t ship products to Iran. You should have a friend or family abroad to bring you the original jersey or jacket, and I have no-one 🙁

the bird
the bird
Reply to  Haso112

Yes , can you give me one medium size jersey? I live in Mumbai india and I cannot buy myself any clothes because I already spent all my pocket money on my sisters birthday. I am 15 btw and don’t have a job.

the bird
the bird

I am sorry f & m I cannot buy anything from your milan store because I don’t have a job and the only thing I could buy from my saved pocketmoney is an ac milan underwear and that too from the boys section not the mens. But don’t worry in 5 years when I get a job I will surely buy one overpriced cap of yours for sure.

Moses
Moses
Reply to  the bird

Comment:The bird is a joker

CK
CK
Reply to  Moses

whats so funny????? this blog is for AC Milan fans. as long as you love and support milan, you are a fan. you can even support just with your heat. I don’t see anything amusing

Moses
Moses

Honestly as a Milan fan I think we have left no stone unturned in this Mercato

Forza Milano
Forza Milano

I am so happy with all the new signings so far.. but I am really worried about our team chemistry and how the new players would gel would the old ones .. AC MILAN is certainly back for sure .. been ridiculed a lot here in Nigeria most especially from EPL fans who think they know about football .. We still need a play maker and a skillful dribbler (winger) that can go past players and cross efficiently

Moses
Moses

Don’t worry mate,Montella knows what he will do to Incooperate the new signings into the squad to get the desired results and the long time missed football of our legendary Rossoneri