Antonio Donnarumma: “You’re insulting our whole family without knowing anything, above all Gigio is a Milan fan”

Gianluigi Donnarumma during Milan-Fiorentina at Stadio San Siro on February 19, 2017. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)

The brother of Gianluigi defended the decision of the Milan goalkeeper on his Instagram account, saying ‘anyone who insults him is not a Milan fan’.

Donnarumma is on his way out of Milan, either this summer or next year when his contract expires as yesterday it became official that ‘Gigio’, who previously said he dreams of wearing the captain’s armband and stay at Milan for many years, will not accept the contract extension offered him by the new management (over €5 million net per season for five years).

After the announcement, Milan fans went on social media to express their sadness, disappointment and mostly rage, calling Donnarumma a snake and a traitor. There are rumours that Donnarumma cried last night when he saw the reaction of the fans and today his 26-year-old brother Antonio, who grew up in Milan’s youth sector as well, went on Instagram to show support for his brother.

“I turn to all of them. People who are doing nothing but insult Gigio and all our family,” Antonio wrote at @antodonnarumma90. “Gigio has been a Milan fan since he was little… for him to play with the Milan shirt was a dream, he has always honored and given his soul for these colors. He cried after every defeat. Until yesterday you were all with Gigio, now without knowing anything you are insulting our whole family, writing things that our family wouldn’t wish on our worst enemy.

Antonio and Gianluigi Donnarumma before Milan-Genoa at Stadio San Siro on the February 16, 2016. (@acmilan.com)

“Our family has been overjoyed and have wept along with all you fans. Milan has an incredible history, and nobody can ever question that. For those who have written messages of support for Gigio, I want to tell you that you truly understand the kind of person Gigio is… whatever gesture [like kissing the Milan badge, ed] he did or phrase he wrote or said, he did it out of love for Milan. Above all, Gigio is a Milan fan like you, and anyone who insults him isn’t a Milan fan.

“You can fill this photo with insults now, but leave our family out of it, they always taught us the real values of life. For those who continue to say that I have to thank Gigio because he gives me money… I tell you that no one has ever given anything to me, every year I earn what I deserve. Thanks.”

Antonio also used the hashtags #brothers #love #donnarumma #alwaystogether. It will be interesting to hear Gianluigi’s side of the story. Most of the reports seem to agree that his decision to reject the offer of Milan was not economical but due to wanting a different sporting project.

Milannews.it reported earlier today that Real Madrid will soon contact Milan and kick off negotiations for the 18-year-old; their initial offer is expected to be in the region of €25-30 million.

Mi rivolgo a tutte le Persone che non stanno facendo altro che insultare gigio e tutta la nostra famiglia.. Gigio sin da piccolo è tifoso del Milan.. per lui giocare con la maglia del Milan e’ un sogno..ha sempre onorato e dato L anima per questi colori.. ha pianto per ogni sconfitta.. fino a ieri eravate tutti con gigio.. ora senza sapere nulla state insultando tutta la famiglia, scrivendo frasi che la nostra famiglia non augura nemmeno al peggior nemico.. la nostra famiglia ha gioito e pianto con tutti voi tifosi..il Milan ha una storia incredibile.. e nessuno può metterlo in dubbio..Per le persone che hanno scritto messaggi a favore di gigio ci tengo a dire che voi avete capito davvero che persona e’ gigio.. qualunque gesto che ha fatto e qualunque frase ha detto o scritto.. L ha fatto davvero per amore del Milan.. gigio e’ soprattutto un tifoso del Milan.. come voi..e chi lo insulta non è tifoso del Milan..ora potete anche riempire di insulti questa foto.. ma la famiglia lasciatela stare.. loro ci hanno sempre insegnato i veri valori della vita… per quelli che invece continuano a dire che io devo ringraziare a gigio perché mi da i soldi.. vi dico che a me mai nessuno mi ha regalato qualcosa.. ogni anno lotto per guadagnare quello che mi merito.. grazie.. #brothers #love #donnarumma #alwaystogether

A post shared by Antonio Donnarumma (@antodonnarumma90) on

Milan no 1
Milan no 1

If he truly love the red and black, he would never trade it for anything else. Come rain come shine we’ll always be Milan with or without dollaruma. I hope he doesn’t regret this decision in the future. We want players who will die for this shirt and not some hypocrite. Forza Milan

Manga la figa
Manga la figa
Reply to  Milan no 1

its funny, his whole family is saying money didn’t matter and how his a fan of Milan. But put in clause if we didn’t reach the CL. A true fan of the shirt doesn’t care about the CL. A true fan of the shirt doesn’t care about who runs the club and how they’re running it. A true fan doesn’t hide behind a fat, money grubbing, scumbag who only care about the cheddar and not his client. Wait till your first howler kid, you won’t have sympathetic Milan fans behind you, you’ll have fans that want to shred your ass.… Read more »

1milanfansouthafrica
1milanfansouthafrica

Conti Is really pushing for a move to.us.If Gigi wants to stay he will

Tony
Tony

So it was a sporting decision? Because Raiola knows so much about football, right? He took his client from the 6-time italian champs and Champions League runner up to a club that finished in 6th place. Raiola knows alot about football!

Reply to  Tony

Because juve are more prestigious than mu?

mike milan
mike milan

this boy makes me get angry more…..was it now or long time ago that he has decides this ? i’m curious to know…..how ever milan should just swap him for keylor navas….it will b d best option so far because he just won 2champions league with them….atleast dona do make mistakes too

Kabon
Kabon

Bla bla bla

6t9
6t9

Joke of the Millenium.
Till yesterday every milan fans across the globe were supporting Gigio, last couple of months we fought for him and team mgt has responded accordingly. But we were dejected, dishonored by this greedy family. We all cried yesterday. If Gigio cries for his whole life will not be enough to compensate the pain he gave to million milan fans.
Go to hell you and your family.

GIZMO8Z
GIZMO8Z

Why the smoke and mirrors? If we don’t know the whole story, tell us!

Right now Gigio doesn’t appear to be a true Milanista. He looks like a dumb kid who was blinded by his agent who sold his loyalty for €€€.

Brkudo
Brkudo

Now the other donnarumma made another nonsense statements…just go n disappear as u wish. Period

Ink

Actually, the fanbase really need to stop insulting.
Throwing abuse doesn’t help anyone.
We are going absolutely overboard with this.

Milanmario1
Milanmario1
Reply to  Ink

Go support ac dollarruma then. You seem to be more of his fan than Milan. What are you doing on here??

Reply to  Milanmario1

Lol.
Do not talk about what you do not know.
Veterans on this site can judge me if I am more of a Donnarumma fan or a Milan fan.
Not you.

Misund
Misund
Reply to  Ink

Insulting does not help anyone, ink is totaly right on this one!

Milanmario1
Milanmario1
Reply to  Ink

I know what everyone knows, an ungrateful kid!! Commenting nonsense on here for a while doesn’t make you veteran my friend. I’ve been reading stuff for a long time too and I comment now and then when I feel I have something to say but you strike me as the guy who likes to piss against the wind with your statements. Always against the reality …

Reply to  Milanmario1

Oh nice, I have been reading stuffs my whole life too.

Yeah what can I do about being against the reality, I am an schizophrenic maybe.

Deku
Deku
Reply to  Milanmario1

are you 2 yo?

Milanmario1
Milanmario1
Reply to  Deku

I wouldn’t know who this dollarumma was if I was 2 yo, he’s only been in the professional football for 5 min and €4-5m a year at a team like Milan is not good for him … think about it!!

Brkudo
Brkudo
Reply to  Ink

We absolutely will overcome this obstacle ink, but somebody need to learn a lesson dont u get it? I guess u dont

Reply to  Brkudo

So we have to abuse his family to teach him a lesson?

Brkudo
Brkudo
Reply to  Ink

Nope, that too easy, big karma awaits for them

Milanmario1
Milanmario1
Reply to  Brkudo

I haven’t abused anyone, nor you or him or his family. Not in my character but to hear him and his family complaining about true Milan supporters and their attitude after an 18 year old was given the opportunity to be Milan’s, one of the greatest clubs in the world number 1 goalkeeper, he was offered more or equal money than the current best 2 goalkeepers in the world (Buffon and Neuer), all this at the age of 18 without much experience and much time to prove anything and this guy has let down the club and its supporters, I… Read more »

Gallo
Gallo
Reply to  Ink

I don’t get you where was his brother when we were chearing for him even if he made mistakes milan gave him d chance to shine which is not common in football today .he is a traitor he did d same to inter now in milan .for raiola I don’t just know what to tell him ,if niang can fire him why can’t donnarumma do d same if he really love milan.kissing d badge don’t make u a true milanista .he should go and let us be.milan was not founded in d 90s but in d 18s so he deserves… Read more »

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream
Reply to  Ink

I’m sorry, but Donna earned every bit of insult he gets, and tenfold. No need to insult each other though.

sas
sas

dumbruma go away please…milanistas there was Milan before him and there will always be Milan after him so let’s forge ahead or do we say if he dies today ac Milan won’t move on,so let’s assume so,fassobelli let’s forget abt a small boy and move on with the good plans

seedorf
seedorf

Comment: he should leave .. he dead to me

imadala
imadala

We got just 30 m from donna..hell yeah

Mac
Mac

Story for the gods……

Vic
Vic

What a crap.. so much called for love. A true fan will honor the shirt, and ready to sacrifice everything for the team. Too much drama and surely we will not miss you. We are a true fans of Milan not a fans of donnarumma!! Shame on you

nick
nick

What’s love got to do with it? This is about honor and respect. Donnaruma has none.

Donnaruma and Raiola are disrespecting Milan at the highest level.

Ma.Usa
Ma.Usa
Reply to  nick

Well said
Another example would be Puyol. He always said he liked Milan but out of respect and honor he stayed in Barcelona.

Chiellini’s idol is Maldini and mentioned before he liked Milan. But out of honor and respect he wouldn’t leave Juventus.

I can keep going forever. People shouldn’t confuse love and respect

nick
nick
Reply to  Ma.Usa

Totally agree!

Jose blanks
Jose blanks

He’s a traitor… I didn’t expect Dona
still FORZA MILAN

Milan4life
Milan4life

If he loved milan ….. at 18years he would never leave…. never…. so please antonio stop bull shitting the real people who are in real love with this legendary club…. just hush yer f…king mouth, better say nothing……its only now i realized your brother was with inter an did inter the exact same thing….. so gigio has no love or loyalty to anything ….. an u his family should be ashamed of yourselves for letting that pigshit raiola disgrace your name and reputation like this…. so please jus shut the f.. k up take your idiot brother and go and… Read more »

Milan no 1
Milan no 1

What Milan gave to dollaruma was a rare opportunity you’ll ever see in a club lately not to talk of 7 times champions league holder. It’s an insult to the entirely club, nevertheless I just hope the management can cash in on this boy rather than leaving him on the bench. Their are lot of good goal keepers out there who will jump at the opportunity of wearing red and black. With this new project set in place I can only see us getting better and better. Let us all embrace what the management have done so far. I see… Read more »

Donadoni
Donadoni

This muppet lecturing anyone on how to be a Milan fan, oh the irony. Should probably remain suitably silent now, making yourself and your family look like idiots. I’m sure the fat slug has had a hand in this ~ so much about the sporting project, even though we are investing hundreds of millions in the squad ~ I’m fully convinced if there were a couple of extra cents on offer, he’d advocate the sporting project of Brighton & Hove. Just a coincidence that he’d be receiving a nice agents fee should (now seems when) he moves. A toad of… Read more »

Jankulovski

Family of hypocrites. Leave already. Go, don’t want to see your face anymore.

jus me
jus me

he should go and die for all I don’t care… that little shit stab us in the back after all we’ve done for him… if it wasn’t for milan he wouldn’t even be where he is right now but he betray us.. little prick and snake.. he should just die..

Reply to  jus me

No one should die over football matter. Ever.

Ink

It is one thing to express your anger over someone’s action.
And it is completely a whole different level to insult his whole family.
It shows the lack of class of the people who are crowding the social media.

Yes he bit the hand that fed him. So we have to bite him back?
smh

al83
al83
Reply to  Ink

Correct. But coming back accusing the Milan fans? Isn’t it a bit too much. Not a smart move.
In any case I agree we should express ourselves with some class. We keep saying (correctly) that it’s not the end of the world but we (kind of) act like that.

Reply to  al83

He did not accuse the Milan fans before we Milan fans started throwing abuses around like it was nothing.

al83
al83
Reply to  Ink

True. Many fans went too far.
From his side though I still believe the communication was (and still is) not handled correctly and gave space for this mess. Still not am excuse for such abuses.
I only hope he doesn’t stay in Italy. Because that would be too much.

A92
A92

Antonio Donnarumma has made himself look stupid with these idiotic comments. What you say doesn’t even make sense! There is no reason, everything has holes in it. If he is a TRUE Milan fan, which he clearly isn’t, he would take the offer…playing for Milan, being the poster boy of a new project. He would have for endless opportunities and would be given room to go and forgiveness for any errors. 100% to take over as Italy number 1. As a ‘sporting’ reason, declining the contract makes less sense than signing it. He’s leaving himself vulnerable at 18 going to… Read more »

lil pharaoh
lil pharaoh

Another foolish boy

ak
ak

People need to relax. I understand he’s screwing us over, not just because he’s leaving but because he’s essentially forcing us to lose him at a lower price. But guess what, he’s 18. He’s gonna make mistakes, get tempted by money or fame, or get swayed by his agent. Maybe he regrets it in the future, maybe he doesn’t. He can make his own decisions. It’s easy to say “he has to stay loyal”, “forget the money” if you’re saying it behind a screen. Sending abuse won’t help. I wish the best for Donnarumma and his family, Milan will be… Read more »

Hachim

I have not herd of anything being said about his family, just the player and his agent.
To be honest, how can you not expect a big negative back lash after saying no to the club which was planning on building the team around you. You claim to love milan yet are willing to play for another??? that does not make sense at all.

Anyways, I am done with him and hope he fetches us a lot of money. If he gets us over 30 million, then awesome.

good luck to him, but Milan is Milan….

Forza Milan

kweku tims
kweku tims

Comment:Milan over everything with or without Dollaruma Milan its gonna get better

Bolarinwa
Bolarinwa

If he is truly a Milan fan, he should be the one to lay good example and convince others no matter the situation but he only toy with Great Milan because he secured his starting place in Milan team cheaply. Antonio pray that your brother doesen’t regret his decision in the future because he has a long career journey ahead.

Santana papi
Santana papi

Dollaruma is shit, a traitor for all I care and his family can rot inHell. Idgaf
This kid deserves to be punished for biting the fingers that few him and everyone who stands to defend him needs to be dealt with too. How dare an 18year old boy treat mighty Milan like shit. I would kick his ass fo sure if I knew his house address.

Reply to  Santana papi

And you would bite his finger back.
Good to know.

Ipadeola kolawole
Ipadeola kolawole

Which kind stupid love he has for this club. We remain milan even inspite of ups and downs. People even laugh me when I call myself a Milan fan. The thing is in blood not by mouth or what you stand to gain as a fan ,agent or player. I play bets but I never played against my beloved Milan even when I can sense the result will surely not favour us. So what are we talking? God sees my heart, I can play for Milan for free if…. Donnarummas should stop calling that boy a fan of Milan. Those… Read more »

Joe
Joe

So he loves Milan so much and gave heart and soul to this team – how come he wants to leave then? Why doesn’t Donnarumma come out and address all the fans who are left hurt instead of sending the pig and now his brother? Just the other day he said he only wants Milan and buying a house in Milan and now he doesn’t want to renew – he is either a huge lier or a mental case. He sold his soul to the pig agent. Milan is his dream Milan is his love Milan offered him huge amount… Read more »

Paulo
Paulo

I dont blame antonio he is jealous of his brother progress and he want to bring him down whre Milan is nurturing him to be the greatest of all the goal keeper
im laughing in Chinese i know the mistakes cover by milan will be exposed Plizarri dont worry you will go higher
milan is a world club not like others
forza milan

dinimilanista
dinimilanista

Gigi Buffon stuck with Juve through relegation….. Gigi Donna jumps at the first opportunity of $$

SOBIG
SOBIG

Comment:sobig I knew it,i knew this was going to happen.no milan fan would ever do sach a thing to his mother club,he is simply a traitor,let get rid off him and move on,milan wil never fall milan wil progress.FORZA MILAN!!!

Donremie
Donremie

I decided not to comment on d dollaruma family n dia dollarmaniac agent so dat I can give dollaruma d opportunity to defend himself unfortunately he didn’t seize d chance. From records, dollaruma has always chosen money above passion n his so-called family has supported him. It’s such a big shame. Milan offered him 5m annually but we know dollaruma is not worth 5million….His family is filled with cobras n mambas, I say dis becos whatever d reason he may give does not hold water… His family knew abt it…If he actually loves Milan, he wld HV stayed….So his broda… Read more »

meer1
meer1

This dollaruma family sickens me, there are fans who along with their kids come to san siro every week to spend their hard earned money just to see their stars……their will be thousand of parents who just to want to put smile on their 9 years old kids bring them to stadium from their hard earned cash in these difficult economic times……THIS family should be ashamed of him self before releasing this statement dollaruma loves milan……Just go away dont need their family explanation if he was man enough he should have said something all by himself…….yeah he is a professional… Read more »

Pelle80
Pelle80

Cut the crap f000l!

Jibola
Jibola

Has he ever been told that despite having bigger offers to stay in Serie A with other clubs, Buffon went with Juve to Serie B? Or is Milan situation worse than that? And they talking about technical project when even Inter fans are happy with our rebuilding project. Hey Antonio! And i hope you are reading this…. Your family lost credibility since the day you sold your prides to Mino. You got insulted by not just Milan fans but football fans around the world who saw the shameful and disgraceful act your family made of the situation. I personally wish… Read more »

Sir tee
Sir tee

This is so stupid. Was he not the same donnaruma who said he was looking for a big mansion around sansiro for him and his family and those who he really love. He’s a snake indeed… Period

Cocor
Cocor

Brother &Donnarumma, family you’re all are traitor and snake go the hell

gaetu
gaetu

If he really loved milan he should have never had a need to think about the offer milan did for him in the first place. He wanted a different project? What could possible be more important of a project that builds a team AROUND YOU and give you at only 18 y old over 4 mil euro annualy salary just to stay with us, the fans that were so proud about our new worldclass goalkeeper. Milan had the gutts to put you at 16 y old between the sticks at a tough moment and gave u over 70 serie a… Read more »

Jim
Jim

F*** dona

Hachim

You know what, because we are killing it in the transfer market I do not care as much. We will get conte, we will have a solid back line. we will get Paren, or navas or a some other great keeper and we will still buy more players to get back to our glory days.
Our time is coming…
Forza MILAN!!!!

ABULEFON FEMI

dona is a snake while mono is a devil, don’t he have other player that he can take to Madrid, baloteli is there he cannot revive his career, now he want to turn the glory of the boy into shame, all i know and that i am convince of, is that the case will like the case of David and Goliath, the giant believe to be inferior, you what happen. this saga give me more conviction about this glorious club that Milan will be great in no time and dona will see and cry all night alone. you don’t know… Read more »

L96ai
L96ai

Why you guys so angry? Don’t get angry, get even. You guys just make a nobody become somebody. If dollarumma wants to go, let him go. Let’s get over with and never mention his family name ever again.

We better make locatelli our new to go future Milan captain. I hope Biglia comes to Milan and Loca can learn a lot from him.

Reply to  L96ai

Dont get even, get high

on life

L96ai
L96ai
Reply to  Milan10

You better prescribe me some morfin there, doc. As you said.. get high.. you got me at “get high”

Zilla
Zilla

He can go to hell. Fact. Big fool.

Banks
Banks

Comment:what’s donna’s brother talking about.mino told fassone is a decision from his client,so which other side are we suppose to know again huh?we are milan and gonna be milan 4ever…#successahead

Baresis Dream
Baresis Dream

Snake, and brother snake.

SuperMaorio
SuperMaorio

U know nothing about me, how could u say I am insulting u. It’s a insulation to me.

WhereIsTheSpirit
WhereIsTheSpirit

Antonio’s argument is very very weak. Talking non sense, disgracing his family. Suddenly I realize their character.