André Silva set for Milan move, medical check-ups scheduled for tomorrow, fee said to be close to €40 million

Andre Silva celebrates after scoring during Porto-Leicester at the Dragao Stadium on December 7, 2016. (MIGUEL RIOPA/AFP/Getty Images)

The player was at training center Milanello this evening meeting Mirabelli and Fassone, and tomorrow he will undergo the medical check-ups.

Milan have been searching for a new striker and after making moves (and offers) for Alvaro Morata, Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang and Andrea Belotti, it appears that they have decided to change their strategy and today (Sunday), they closed the deal to bring Porto’s 21-year-old striker André Silva to Milan.

According to Milannews.it, Gianluca Di Marzio, La Gazzetta dello Sport and others, today Marco Fassone and Massimiliano Mirabelli had a secret meeting with Jorge Mendes and Silva himself, who already visited training center Milanello giving his definitive ‘yes’ for the move to red and black.

Milannews.it reports that the deal with Porto has been found on the basis of €36-40m, a number that is well below the €60m buy-out clause of the player, who netted 21 goals in 44 matches last season. It’s likely that Silva’s representative, the super-agent Mendes played a big part in the negotiation. The player will sign a five-year contract but his salary has not yet been leaked to the press.

Yesterday it was reported that Milan are considering signing both Silva and Nikola Kalinić instead of spending all their striker budget on a player like Belotti, and it really seems to be what Fassone and Mirabelli are thinking, and so the Portugal international may not be the last striker to arrive.

Andre Silva will be at La Madonnina clinic tomorrow at 07:30. He is Milan’s 4th purchase of the window after Mateo Musacchio, Franck Kessié and Ricardo Rodriguez. And it’s not even mid-June.

ZeR0W1
ZeR0W1

Wow

Milan fan since 94
Milan fan since 94
Reply to  ZeR0W1

Honestly somebody please wake me up !! Actually don’t this dream is too good!!!!!!

ATALA
ATALA

And the best thing about this dream is that we haven’t signed anyone above 26 years old. These are players that will benefit the team for a long time.

This guy even has the potential to be one of the best in the world someday. This is why his release clause is so high.

Mr.g
Mr.g

Well got to give it to them , they say they act fast , well they do…

Dwayne
Dwayne

Andre Silva and Emil Forsberg both arriving at Milan would be the perfect Summer mercato since they are both young, linked to us and could both cost well under €100m like Belotti.

If Milan don’t want to get Belotti that’s okay. Cairo can keep Belotti for now, while we can monitor him for another season just to see if he is really that good!

Ugh.

He is a good player but….. well, he is a risk. Prefer to have tried to keep on Bacca. Proven and lethal with a playmaker. Without a playmaker Andre Silva probably will be a failure as well.

Bad work again from former shinter ds.

Just you have money so you can do spontaneous buy is not that appealing.

GiftedItalian
GiftedItalian
Reply to  Ink

we are strengthening all parts of our team including the attack. we do need someone who can create chances in midfield though as i cant see Bonaventura being able to pull the strings…

GC85
GC85
Reply to  Ink

You’re incorrect on just about everything. Bad work again?

They are moving fast. You have no understanding what’s going on. Every part of the team has been strengthened and now it is said we may move for James Rodriguez. So what was that about a playmaker?

Reply to  GC85

Creativity in midfield says hi.

Wings say hi too.

Pelle80
Pelle80
Reply to  Ink

Must we complain even when things seems to be going right?

Reply to  Pelle80

Even overlooking the midfield, I wouldn’t call having only Suso and Bonaventura on wings things going right mate.

Ali
Ali
Reply to  Ink

You know what INK? You’re getting boring. Quit complaining for a month or two, and if in the end they have failed to build a good team you still would have a lot of time to preach your point.

Reply to  Ali

Well, someone needs to replace sheva.

mike milan
mike milan

love this management, they have been doing great since day one…we will be a title contender next season….i have these feelings. FORZA MILAN !!!

prodo
prodo

I’ve never really watched the guy. what kind of a striker is he tho?

nick
nick

Unbelievable. Fassone and Maribelli have my respect. This is how you run a top club.

Galliani is so overrated and has no class.

Maybe we can eventually cut ties with that shark Raiola as well.

Reply to  nick

Lol.
“This is how you run a top club” — no this is not. Bad decisions.
In my opinion, they should show better judgement. Apart from the Rodriguez transfer and Forsberg rumours, I don’t agree with them.
Good night!

Gian85
Gian85
Reply to  Ink

Wow. They make all these great moves, and all you can say is gibberish about bad decisions. You have no good judgment. Musacchio is a great transfer and so will Conti. And what’s wrong with Andre Silva? He’s a young promising star player. He’s scored 7 times in like 8 appearances for Portugal. You’re shameless. Yes, have a good night naysayer!

Reply to  Gian85

Honest question, it is not a dig at you — are you also one of the people who ”was so sick of the management and bad results that I had to stop watching Milan. Now I am back because we suddenly have money!”? 7 goals in 8 appearances. Do you know who he scored against? Andorra, Faroe Islands (hattrick), Hungary, Cyprus and Latvia. I will only count that Hungary goal. Andre Silva is a good player but he is a risk, I did not say he is a bad player. But is he a ‘star’ player as you claim him… Read more »

Haso112
Haso112
Reply to  Ink

Who’s this troll labeled….. Ink…???

Reply to  Haso112

Me.

Pelle80
Pelle80
Reply to  Ink

Give it up already bro.

dody rachmadi
dody rachmadi
Reply to  nick

Well, in his last galliani have no budget that mirrabeli & fassone have. Remember, galiani had brought us alot of stars..

Pelle80
Pelle80
Reply to  dody rachmadi

Namely:
Matri
Bertolaci
Dele taiwo
Kelvin constant
Traore
Mr X
Should i go on…?

RKaY
RKaY

I guess this means the Andre silva + kalinic rumors were true. To be honest, I don’t know really anything about Andre silva but I am skeptical about young strikers with 0 serie a experience. Hope it works out.

teeyaj88
teeyaj88
Reply to  RKaY

Don’t you watch Porto against Leicester champions league, for me I think the Guy is good I will like Milan to still keep Becca Co’s there is going to be a many competition next season.

RKaY
RKaY
Reply to  teeyaj88

Nope didn’t catch that match :/. Well he’s ours now and I’ll see what the kid is made of next season with my own eyes.

C
C

Andre Silva will problaby be a good buy but i cant hide my dissapointment right now Belotti was the perfect player for us (sigh) i dont like Fassone and Mirabelli anymore they promised a worldclass striker but clearly they were just BS us

Sam Parker
Sam Parker
Reply to  C

Belotti has no Champions league experience and is vastly overpriced! 38 million euros is a lot less than 100 million! What makes Silva any lesser a player than Belotti?

Milanisto
Milanisto
Reply to  Sam Parker

@C You want Fasobelli to pay €100m for 1 player? You are nutta

C
C
Reply to  Sam Parker

Im going to let the statistics next season do the talking… Now i wait for Forsberg and Kalinic to sign next and Donnarumma to be sold then they have crossed my limit and pissed me off for good

BensonMilan
BensonMilan
Reply to  C

Since when your Belotti has been a world class player? Just one good season with a second-tier team like Torino with no UCL nor even Europa league experience can;t make you a world class player.Fassone and Mirabelli are showing the real deal of managing a Club like Milan by acting fast and beat competition and making players want to choose Milan over others again. They signed players that big clubs wanted like Chelsea, Arsenal, Inter, Juventus, Manchester etc…They don’t wait for the last minute to gather all the trash players that no clubs want and present them like our MISTER… Read more »

Rikimaru Tenchu
Rikimaru Tenchu
Reply to  C

Lmao! We lost Morata because other teams offer better games, UCL, titles etc. It’s not just money! I am quite satisfied we have been able to steal three players that other clubs with better prospects currently wanted. Andre Silva is still a risk, though he has done well for Porto, but the project has just began, it’s not ending in this season. If we get Fosberg and another creative player I think we have done exceptionally well. We have all quickly forgotten just how far down the barrel we are coming from. I Like Bellotti, but at that price? Totally… Read more »

dody rachmadi
dody rachmadi
Reply to  C

Belloti can wait for 1or 2 years, and he can proof his price tag. If he really love milan, he will find way to joint us.

Suso817
Suso817
Reply to  C

C, dude get your head out of the sink.. yh Belotti would great signing, But I think Fassone and Mirabelli our doing a excellent job, better than the last 7 years. And Andre Silva are a awesome buy if it’s true, Be happy for once.. jisses

Pelle80
Pelle80

Nice buy. Lets turn to jorge mendes and kick out fattiola

Milan Boy
Milan Boy

I hope this is not a spontaneous buy, i don’t know much about him but I wish he will be great for us. This new management is doing well but they should be carefull so we don’t repeat inter.s experience of last season.

mike milan
mike milan

believe me guys, andres silva is a good player besides he have room to improve more…to me belotti is too cost and overrated…by the time we are in champions league next season then we can make the move.

GiftedItalian
GiftedItalian

has montella settled on a formation we will use next season? does anyone know?

O'Gabbs
O'Gabbs

I am over the moon right now. Silva is a risk worth taking for the potentials are there, besides with his age he will still have resell value unlike Bacca. In case the deal doesn’t favor Milan which definitely won’t happen. Let’s be optimistic for this is the best we have had in many years. 6 goals in 6 World Cup qualifier matches for Portugal is not a bad record considering his age. I’m very enjoying this mercato

Reply to  O'Gabbs

Andorra, Faroe Islands, Hungary, Cyprus, Latvia

Lekym
Lekym
Reply to  Ink

It doesn’t matter who he scores against…. Ronaldo is still going to be the best player in the world even though he scored against those teams…. He scored 5 in the champions league…and one against roma… If we are taking a risk on a one season wonder… I would rather risk on the onw that cost 40mil rather than the one that cost 100mil….my only fear os Portuguese strikers always flop

Milan Boy
Milan Boy

@Mike Milan,Let me share your optimism and hope for the best from him

Donsky
Donsky

Welcome Andre Silva. Possibly, he is yet world class now, but he regularly score at national team, young and talented. So, I hope you will be successful at Milan….

henriano
henriano

Mirabelli and fasonne are grand masters in transfer negotiations. I can’t wait for next season

Deb
Deb

A sweet buy and i am sure Fassobelli have a playmaker at the back of their head as well.I think we will have just 2 more purchase after Andre Silva.That would be a playmaker and another striker or both playmakers as we have 3 competetions this year and i am sure they will look for young players who would be the core of the team for quite a few years.I think a world class playmaker and a good playmaker would complete our mercato this season.Lets see what happens.

GC85
GC85

I’m stunned some are still naysaying this fantastic buy. Wow. Just wow.

Some think these are bad moves. Some will never be pleased with anything.

nick
nick
Reply to  GC85

I know right. Totally agree!

Reply to  GC85

The thing is, it doesnt matter even if we have Suarez in this team, without good/quality service, eventually he will struggle.
I agree with Ink that I would rather keep Bacca, than spend unnecessary money on a striker that might be younger, but is not currently better than Bacca. What we need is a playmaker now, and if we would go for an attacker it should’ve been for Belotti – who at least is proven in Serie A – or Auba, someone who will actually improve our position.

Gman
Gman
Reply to  Milanista121

We could have won serie a last season with suarez

nick
nick
Reply to  Milanista121

@Milanista121. Yeah, I get that but I think you guys are over thinking this. We are only in June so we have a long way to go before this summer mercato is over. Besides, Bacca doesn’t fit into Montella’s formation and tactics so it is a waste of time keeping him as an option, especially due to his age and high wages. We should have sold him last summer to be honest. Fassone and Maribelli are really doing a great job at getting most of our transfers done early so that Montella can work with at least 80% of our… Read more »

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  GC85

@GC85 I know – we’re finally buying quality players and all people can do is moan. The spirit of “Sheva” lives on…

BeGo
BeGo

Question,

What Montella role on choosing who to buy?

And how decisive? 😉

ted
ted

I’m buying his shirt this season

Haso112
Haso112
Reply to  ted

I just bought mine from Fansedge…. Last time I bought a Milan Jersey was in 2011…

Reply to  Haso112

Yes yes then you got so sick that you stopped supporting Milan fully. Now you are back because we have money and we are splashing it. Capice?

ak
ak

Great signing. He’ll need time, but he has the potential to be a world class player. I know fans would have preferred Belotti, but if Milan think Torino’s price is too unfair, I’d understand. 70m+players is too much. I think this means we’re gonna sign Kalanic too, not an elite player, but still a very good one. He’s great on the ball, which is why I think he’d work better in Montella’s system than Bacca does. But this is great work from the management, they’re not just going for young players, but players who are somewhat proven and have world… Read more »

L96ai
L96ai

This is what we need! A management who doesn’t always share its move to the media. I’m not saying Andre Silva is a bad buy, but we were almost got trapped with Jackson Martinez..

Akon
Akon

Please, give me Forsberg or J . Rodriguez,… #lapadula & A.silver is awesome. Watch out for lapadula

Donremie
Donremie

Irrespective of what we say. It’s obvious dis management is moving real fast, Andre silva is good n with a gud playmaker in d mould of James Rodriguez, then we don’t need belotti just as we don’t need Ronaldo or Messi to win, I think after dis, we only need James n Conti n dis mercato shld be closed except for sales… U can’t build a complete team in one mercato, slow n steady wins d race…We have niang, bacca, lappa n cutrone, except we sell, we don’t need to buy more….Forza milan

stephanmilan

why are some guys saying sh*t abt dis guy..he scored 2 goals against Roma in the UEFA Cl playoff..that cost Roma dis years champions league qualification

“it turns out milan’s budget for st is only 55m so goodbye morata, auba and belotti the next gilardino. if anyone is next sheva its andre silva but theres no way milan should splash 60m on him. 40-45 max or else forget about adding st this mercato (kalinic is poor man’s morata and isnt better than lapapin/bacca).” I wrote this just hours ago and now i find this. Im convinced now, fassobelli are users of this blog
Benvenuto silva

VICEROYMHZ
VICEROYMHZ

Comment: some people wanted Belloti, some Aubameyang, some Morata and Milan went for the 3 of them, but they were too expensive, payment too hi and refused to come respectively, costa demanded too high. they still tried to get someone that I have seen people mentioned, yet we are not satisfied!!! they still follow like 2 other strikers including Biglia, Keita, Emil, and kilanic still we still complain. let us appreciate their effort and support them and those they bring in because I see that we contribute a lot to the player’s zeal and confidence. Let us stop Criticizing!!!! forza… Read more »

nick
nick
Reply to  VICEROYMHZ

Well said sir. Bravo!

Reply to  VICEROYMHZ

Haven’t we been satisfied with a striker every single new window?
Where has that lead us to?

Jibola
Jibola

Fasobelli are bringing the smiles back to our faces again. Thanks for another quality signing and hope Mendez would bring us James Rodriguez too.

Considering Torino are too greedy, am happy with this signing.

ilkapitano
ilkapitano

This is fantastic..
Andre silva is good striker, young, fast, and good poucher, all we need now is a playmaker, i hope we cold land emil forster and conti this mercato, and all set..

MK
MK
Reply to  ilkapitano

you cant even spell Emil forsberg and you want him in milan??!! Have you even seen him? Do you even know who he is????? He is the most confused player in the swedish NT. Gosh i hate people who only speak out of their ass, you only heard from another member that FORSBERG not forster is good.. and you tried to copy him.

Abe
Abe

WHAT IS HAPPENING?? That China money real

Kaka22
Kaka22

Fassobelli don’t u guys sleep? Now get me Biglia,Forsberg,Tolisso and Conti,and then go for a well deserved sleep.

srb
srb

Great buy 1st portugal striker scored lots of goal plus bags of potential.
Hope we skip kalinic there are much better options for 30m, try loan costa or keep bacca.
For midfielder there was rumors about goretzka(exp2018) that would be perfect buy.
As for winger i would be happy with keita or forsberg. Hope donna stays
Forza Milan

sunshinekaka
sunshinekaka

Comment: The only thing I will say about our transfers is that they happen so fast, no too much procrastination. Thank you Mr CEO and DS for showing other players that the new management is not here for child’s play rather to bring us back to the glory days. I just pray all our transfer succeed. Forza Milan Forza silva

Ozone
Ozone

Nice one. Let hope for a great season ahead of us. Forza Milano

imadala
imadala

I think this is a good buy…
Now montella must set a formation so no more hype buy

Apache
Apache

Silva is very good with both legs and he has both European club and country championship experience which is plus to us. I believe with our good midfielders he will be able to shine and score good goals. Juventus Roma and Napoli will surely lose more grill on us and Milan will do better than past season. Forza Milan

Kabon
Kabon

I LOVE JORGE MENDES!!

TheMilanViking
TheMilanViking

I see that there is alot of mixed feelings about this boy, but as Vicheroymhz has written above we did try Morata(man U), Abumayang(PSG) and Belotti (just cairo), but those deals would not happen. So you can either keep trynig and at the end sit there with nothing or we can move on. I think that 38 M € for this guy is worth the try. He might not be Griezman yet, but be as all the aspects to become that. He plays next to CR7 on the national team so he must have some talent guys. Let’s cheer him… Read more »

BensonMilan
BensonMilan

Give credit where it’s due! FASSONE AND MIRABELLI deserve our respect especially for what they are doing now. No more preretired players and trash players that no other clubs want and say we have our MISTER X. Cairo can keep his Belotti with is $ 100 million clause with only one good season with a small and second-tier team like Torino, and with no Champions League nor Europa League ezperience. He is not a world class player yet and maybe will never be. Maybe next year he will try to sell him for $ 30 million, GOOD JOB FASSONE, MIRABELLI… Read more »

BensonMilan
BensonMilan

“Andre Silva certainly has an impressive resume, and is coming off of a breakout season with the Portuguese giants. Silva struck 21 goals in 44 appearances for the Dragoes, with 5 of those goals coming in 10 Champions League appearances. The young striker has also been prolific for his country, netting an impressive 7 goals in just 8 games for the reigning UEFA Euro Champions”. What has Belotti has done yet to be considered by some in here like a world class player and want to pay $ 100 Million for him with only one good season with the small… Read more »

Mola
Mola

Good buy…av watch him play many times good luck andre…i hope u will replace andre shevy..

tetaw
tetaw

Comment: i still need a player like pusilic to be part of the squad for flexibility. According to who scored, silva scored 16 goals 5 assists which is ok but with this italian defence……..

page WAN
page WAN

Comment:we need a Brazilian . Every great in Europe has Brazilian player. we need those Silva and ldo playe4s from brazil

A92
A92

Great purchase. He’s been a beast at Porto. News or Forsberg is great too, Management doing a top job.

Verratti handed in a transfer request…could we tempt him?

How good would a Kessie-Verratti midfield up be?!

Haso112
Haso112
Reply to  A92

Verrati on his way to BARCELONA…..

dejan10
dejan10

I like the idea of getting Silva plus another striker instead of the ridiculous sums Torino want for Belotti, I just hope it’s not Kalanic…

Kells
Kells

I see a lot of misjudgments here, Andre Silva is a bargain for us, classic striker, uses both legs, good goal ratio, can hold and bring teammate’s into play, deadly from any angle, bags of experience, hell he’s the real deal, then he’s just 21yrs, meaning he will only get better. Guys he piars cristiano for Portugal, you have to be something very special to have that chance. Personally, I prefare Andre to belloti, I love belloti and want to awe him in the red n black Jersey, but 100m is just outrageous, now we need to go for another… Read more »

saheedola
saheedola

Comment: in Addy to u Silva ,welcome to Milan. well done fassonbelli; forza Milano!

Mello
Mello

My dear friends from all over the world.

Is there anyone that can tell my a bit more about Silva? If there’s someone who follows him or something.

Hope this will be a good buy.

Forza Milan!

Haso112
Haso112
Reply to  Mello

Youtube will tell you so much more than we ever will… Seeing is believing…..

Apache
Apache
Reply to  Mello

Melo, this guy is a good player who took over from Martinez when he left Porto for Atletico Madrid before going to China final. Silva is a model striker with good age on his side. He is good on both legs and fast with the ball on his leg with good dribbling attributes. Even C Ronaldo said Portugal are very lucky to have a player of Silva. So I believe with our good midfielders he will do well . Foooooooooooorrrrrrzzzzzzzzza Milan

Mello
Mello
Reply to  Apache

Thank you!

Galll
Galll

I read many trash called comments d season has not started some milanista are complaining about silva dis guy is a bomb go to youtube and see for yourself.let’s be happy with the recent developments in Milan buy belotti 100m or silva 40m who cares so long scudeto and champions league are what we are gearing for.wben thiago silva,kaka and many more came to milan did they have experience d answer is NO pls haters stop am proid and happy for all d signing so far did we not try morata ,abumanyen,belotti pls

Reply to  Galll

You ONLY see the bomb parts in youtube showcasing someone’s skill.
I am so tempted to use the word here…