Curva Sud: “Donnarumma in the hands of an unscrupulous agent, we ask Gigio to prove his love for Milan with facts”

Milan fans cheer before Milan-Empoli at Stadio San Siro on April 23, 2017. (MIGUEL MEDINA/AFP/Getty Images)

The Curva Sud blame Mino Raiola for the whole Gianluigi Donnarumma contract saga and ask the player to ‘prove his character and his love for Milan, not with kisses but with concrete facts’.

The contract of Donnarumma expires in June 2018 and the new Milan ownership has offered him a new five-year deal believed to be worth €4.5m a season.

But Gigio, represented by Mino Raiola, hasn’t yet given his answer regarding the contract and reports earlier today suggested that he’ll be taking a week more to decide whether to accept the offer of Milan or not.

The hold-up, it’s said, is also due to Raiola’s demands to insert certain clause to Donnarumma’s contract (a buy-out clause for instance) – something Milan are not willing to do. Now the Curva Sud, il Diavolo’s ultras group, released a statement regarding their stand in the whole situation.

“We write these lines in spite of ourselves, because we think the situation being created with ‘case Donnarumma’ is crazy,” the Curva Sud wrote on their official website. “We’re talking about a phenomenon, but one who is very young and in the hands of an unscrupulous agent, and he finds himself in a situation which is making Milan fans and the club more than a little nervous.

Gianluigi Donnarumma at the end of Milan-Bologna at Stadio San Siro on May 21, 2017. (@acmilan.com)

“It’s incredible how a person can do all this by keeping a club like Milan on hold, and partly making an 18-year-old lad go from kissing the badge every Sunday to being an object of discussion. The will of the player must have a weight, the will of the club too, it’s not possible for certain characters to have no scruples and to allow certain behaviors, since the main purpose of this mercenary is to find an agreement and insert clauses in his own favor. That’s what happened with Pogba and Juventus [he was sold to Manchester United last summer], so he can trouser a lot of money on a future sale.

“We talk so much about Italian football in crisis, with lower financial power than other countries, but if the rules allow certain people to take money out of the football world for their own personal gain it’s impossible to hope for growth. These are millions of Euros which are taken out of circulation in football and will never come back. There are clubs abroad which have closed their doors to certain agents, unfortunately Milan decided to open their doors to certain people and today sadly we’re seeing the results of that kind of management. We hope that the new owners can finally free us of these characters and start again in a virtuous manner, without submitting to blackmail.

Marco Fassone and Massimiliano Mirabelli at the end of Milan-Bologna at Stadio San Siro on May 21, 2017. (@acmilan.com)

“We also strongly hope for an intervention by the Federation [FIGC], to limit the power which rests in the hands of agents, because all the elements of football which fall under its jurisdiction have the ultimate purpose of growing our movement and not filling the pockets of those who manage the relationships between players and clubs.

“To Gigio we ask him once again to prove his character and his love for Milan, but with concrete facts. Unfortunately, love isn’t only nourished with kisses, but also with great gestures.”

Translation credit: Football Italia

My simple question is, even if donna accept this lucrative undeserved offer, what will stop him/mino from pulling this nonsense again 4-4,5 years from now? Y’know, that ‘shame on me if u fool me twice’ thing

Anny
Anny
Reply to  Milan10

Just because Donna is 18 years old doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve 4.5. He deserves even more. Is he not by far the BEST player in the team? In 4-5 years if the world hasn’t gone under, Donna won’t have to leave Milan because Milan will have been a top player in Europe and the World. Btw, Raiola is just being tough. Donna is more than he can chew. It’s more like the good cup and bad cup relationship. They respect each others opinions. The boy loves Milan and wants to stay, Raiola is to see that Donna gets what… Read more »

Reply to  Anny

“Just because Donna is 18 years old doesn’t mean he doesn’t deserve 4.5. He deserves even more. Is he not by far the BEST player in the team?” He deserves even more? U mean as high as neuer? “In 4-5 years if the world hasn’t gone under, Donna won’t have to leave Milan because Milan will have been a top player in Europe and the World.” Ah so the sole reason for his staying is competitive milan? Baresi must be proud of him “Btw, Raiola is just being tough. Donna is more than he can chew. It’s more like the… Read more »

imadala
imadala
Reply to  Milan10

Even marotta (huve) hate the buy out clause

Ron
Ron
Reply to  Milan10

I just liked this, I’ll put it exactly as Proctor Gallagher Institute put it, thus, “Always remember, money is a servant; you’re the master. Be careful not to reverse that equation, because many people of high intelligence have already done so, to their great detriment. Unfortunately, many of these poor souls loved money and used people, which violated one of the most basic laws governing true financial success. You should always love people and use money, rather than the reverse”. Today I met someone who actually behaved in the reverse. I was stunned!

Reply to  Ron

Nice quote mate. It reminds me of that quote from coen brothers’ fargo

Anny
Anny
Reply to  Milan10

Thanks for voicing your opinion Milan 10. You have the right to it. First of all I feel that Donna should be treated with respect even though he is a kid. You said it your self by analysing my comment so let me break it down for you. 1) Donna has greater talent and is better than even Neuer. Donna is second to none but Buffon. So yeah, Donna deserves equal pay as Neuer. 2) Why should Bacca and Monty be earning more? Have you Heard the saying “Give to whom credits is due”? It goes irrespective of age or… Read more »

Reply to  Anny

Sorry to say but stopped reading at point 1.

alan
alan
Reply to  Anny

Anny you are just trying to say that” we shall give a child a car to drive just beacuse he started walking”instead we shall atleast wait untill atleast 18 years for that,dona is just 18 years old and we shouldn’t really give everything the agent asks,we need a player who would take the capatain armband and lead Milan in the future and support Milan in it’s dark and succesfull years if he can’t do that he deserve to be compared with Buffon at all

SOWBIZ
SOWBIZ
Reply to  Anny

4million makes Donna among the top 5 most paid goa;keeperes in the world. gigi buffon earns 4million a season. thats the most we can do, and yes. thats kindda too much for an 18yr old milanista to demand.

Reply to  Milan10

Nothing is going to stop him for negotating his worth again in 5 years time, and nothing should.

If you want to wait for top-level players who prefer the shirt over money, then I’m afraid you’ll wait forever. You can’t expect anyone these days to stay if he can earn much more in a more-or-less equal (or better) environment.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

Maldini, baresi, costacurta, totti, gerrard, giggs or even kaka and ts33 beg to differ

Reply to  Milan10

I’m a huge fan of our past legends, they deserve every bit of credit they get, and even more. Buy to be fair to Donna, neither of them lived in the present age where it’s all about the dollar. They were all players in one of the biggest financial powers in world football, not too mention the best team in history. And it was pre-Bosman rule and pre wide spread international broadcasting. It’s not a fair comparison. Truth is your question is valid on any world-class player. Who’s to say Morata (assuming he comes) won’t ask to double his salary… Read more »

Reply to  Baresis Dream

Well, i seem to remember kaka refusing to be paid when injured in his 2nd spell at milan. And this is one of the most expensive players of modern era we’re talking about.
Clearly he loves milan, what about donna?

Mansa
Mansa

Way to go Curva Sud. No individual should hold any club to ransom.

Reply to  Mansa

Yet all top clubs have at least one player who can …

rossoneriboi
rossoneriboi

Haven’t we had enough of this smart criminal of a person taking advantage of an innocent 18yr old and his parents who for me should have a strong say in the life of their child? I do understand that the game now a days is 99% of the time business but come on, what is this world coming to. Look at the amount of money that is being placed on the table for great Kid albeit still lacking experience and his Criminal of an agent thinks he is so smart that he wants to insert clauses? Unbelievable

Jibola
Jibola

Finally! Thanks Curva Sud for this, 1Milan 1 Voice.

Pigiola would know the difference between messing up with Juve and messing up with Milan. Even without his boy Milan will be great again and no way he will hold us to ransom. This is the result of dirty business relationship Galliani had with dodgie agents.

ATALA
ATALA

Excellent, I love the pressure the Ultras put on Donnarumma. Now it is up to him and no one else.

If Donnarumma doesn’t sign, I hope the board sends a message that Milan will not sign a player represented by Railoa.

Forza Milan!

Chris
Chris

F*** dunna! F*** the short fat man!. I think we should start thinking of how to get a replacement. In any organization, no one is irreplaceable. F***ing dunna again dod kissing our precious badge and still.make we the fans and management to go through this sh*t! Forza Milan!

Ink
Ink
Reply to  Chris

And who are you to shout F*** dUnna? F*** the Europa qualification place too?
Keep your emotions in check.

Chris
Chris
Reply to  Ink

F*** dunna for keeping us in suspense! Bona signed so who the f*** is dunna?. Rossi resigned with a reduced pay so tell me who the f*** is dunna to where Milan is huh?. Whatever happened to loyalty!. F*** dunna!

stephanmilan

Comment:nice say from curva sud

lentini
lentini

Exactry!!! No one can convince moi that galliani did not profit from these harebrained transfers that made absolutely no football sense! In my opinion this is what I would do: Submit the offer to gigio Wait for his week of thinking about it to pass I get a yes- I would welcome it. But promote plizarri to be his understudy..plizzari would be my fist choice keeper for copa Italia games. That becomes my bank up plan, should in case raiola decides to pull another stunt in the near future I get a no? Bad idea for him. I ask for… Read more »

Ink
Ink
Reply to  lentini

Yes yes it is all a big conspiracy.

dodoz
dodoz
Reply to  lentini

How can anybody vote this down

Kourosh
Kourosh

Exactly what was needed to be said. Great job Curva Sud. I’m curious to see what happens now.

justice

Apart from Milan who is the best team

Who are d best team in italy

MEGATRONE
MEGATRONE

f**k riola

They said everything we fans cant say, well done. And well done to the club for resisting a buy out-clause. Or they can insert a buy-out clause for 300 million or something like Barcelona does with their players which basically say that the player is untouchable, but you never know these days with the massive inflation that is going on with the price tags in todays football…
Anyways, kudos Curva Sud, we will see what happens.

wirelessbrain
wirelessbrain

How I wish Milan would ban this greedy pig. He absolutely does not “just want to make sure his client gets the best wage” because he is now pushing to include release clauses in his contract. He is a greddy bastard. Donna needs to grow a pair and sign this extremely lucrative offer while it’s still pending. I hate that I don’t have the same affection for this kid as I did before

ACMilan#13
ACMilan#13

Curva Did nailed it. This is now about the scumbag agent enriching himself with a clause he fully intends to cash in

Natti Camilleri
Natti Camilleri

hate to come to think of it but plan B would have to be Plizzari, Donna -change your agent would be an even greater step in your career

L96ai
L96ai

Dat bitch Raiola also gave us Ely, whom costs us two opening matches in the early season of 2015/2016.

You know what Raiola need? He needs to be high-fived.. in the face.. with a chair..

Ink
Ink

Okay I need to focus on mind with this damn splitting headache I am having since last night to write this. Some excerpts — “He is a polite, serious lad, but he has no fear. He has always been a huge Milan fan. He dreams of being Milan goalkeeper for the next 15 years. This dream is very likely to come true.” Milan youth coach Christian Brocchi ”Inter Milan would soon look to sign him, but despite an impressive trial with them, the 13-year-old instead opted to follow a different path. “I chose to come to AC Milan and not… Read more »

Reply to  Ink

To me it’s very simple: I love my workplace too, but I expect to be paid accordingly. How much is accordingly? Well, it’s clearly related to whatever everybody else is willing to pay me.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

Or, if theyre not willing to pay u, they can easily fire u and find another job applicants

Reply to  Ink

My point exactly. If I’m not worth what I’m asking let me go. That’s the only question we should be asking. Is Donna worth what we’re offering?

Reply to  Baresis Dream

Well, madrid just bought unknown talent from brazil for 40-50m and are willing to buy mbappe for 100m so its kinda hard to measure intrinsic value of players nowadays.
My point is, most big clubs overpay. Should milan be as dimwitted (pardon my french) as them when gk position is never in short supply?

Kourosh
Kourosh
Reply to  Ink

Q. Can Donna fire Raiola? A. Yes he can. What Raiola is trying to do here has got nothing to do with his obligations as an agent. He sees an opportunity here to make shitloads of money for himself just like he did with Pogba’s transfer, so in this case he’s not an agent, he’s a shark. He is Bonaventura’s agent too and his renewal process went smooth even though he was our best player (also most valuable) at the time. Surely I don’t need to explain why? He’s a piece of shit, that’s what he is. And he doesn’t… Read more »

Ink
Ink
Reply to  Kourosh

Exactly. Donna is a treasure and Raiola wants to make the most from it.

But what happens if Donna breaks his contract with Raiola? Well, football agents can do a lot of things that will ruin your career.

‘The most difficult thing in bringing a teenage player through? In modern football, the agents and the parents,’ said Mourinho. ‘They make the players think they have arrived when they haven’t. They think about money before the career starts, and everything gets very confused.’

Many people here are really underestimating the power of agents.

Reply to  Ink

There’s no such thing as clubs overpay for players – no club likes losing money. The prices are determined in general by supply and demand, as in most other examples of a free market. A player is worth X million euros if somebody is willing to pay X million for him. Just like real estate. No big difference.

Reply to  Baresis Dream

No clubs like losing money? Well duh. But did u know that most of overpaying clubs like chelsea or milan are actually losing money?surely overpaying for transfers and wages are main factors of that fact.
Do you mean to tell me 30-50m for robinho, 32m for benteke, 20m for bertolacci, 50m for stones arent overpaying? if people could pay any price for anything without considering its intrinsic value then value investors like warren buffett’re bunch of jackasses

#1Milan Fan South Africa
#1Milan Fan South Africa

we just want this to end thats all.Sign the contract Gigio and kiss the badge afterwards

Forza Milan.

Baresis Dream

I honestly don’t see the fuss about these exit-clauses. Without these clauses, if Donna decides to leave in 2-3 years, can we really stop him? Would we ever want to try?

ilkapitano
ilkapitano

This fuc*ing donnaruma saga make me sick, just sell him, we could get at least 50 million euro, many good keeper we could get, or we can promote youth..

Baresis Dream

For all those suggesting Donna accept a pay cut in the name of his love of the club: How about all of you split the difference between his demands and Milan’s offer from your own personal salary. Why not? Don’t you love Milan?

Ink
Ink
Reply to  Baresis Dream

Lol nice one mate xD

Reply to  Baresis Dream

Well surely we would like to but donna must donate all his annual salary to charities if he concedes more than 35 goals next season. Are we having a deal mino, i mean baresis dream?

Reply to  Milan10

No it’s not a deal Milan10. Man city is willing to take my client, er .. Donna, without such a clause. I’m actually not aware of a similar clause asked for any player. Do you propose we offer similar to Morata/Beloti to try to sway them in? How about Jack pay us half his annual salary for ditching us throughout half the season?

Reply to  Baresis Dream

No its not normal clause i know but if tifosi are gonna pay for player’s salary then technically they own (part of) him so its only fair to insert such clause. Its not slavery, right mino?

Reply to  Baresis Dream

I’m not sure we both agree on what slavery means… Last time I checked, if you pay for someone’s services that doesn’t make you a slave … But please continue with you rino slags, it gives some point to what your saying, since most everything else at this point doesn’t make sense

Reply to  Baresis Dream

Last I checked the one who pay the other to do as he says isn’t a slave so I’m not sure why u wrote “last time I checked, if you pay for someone’s services that doesn’t make u a slave”. That doesn’t make any sense at all.
What I meant was if we can tell Donna what to do just because we pay him or if we can Control what’s written in his contract like mino does then that means donna’s essentially a slave. It was a sarcasm

Milanellofm
Milanellofm

I love that curva sud are protesting mino and fully backing milan, that banner they put in Casa milan is a nice way to tell the scum mino that we don’t play your games. In the end if donnarumma leaves and follows mino I think curva sud might do worse than what they did to de sciglio lol. Even the new management don’t want to play games. June 16 everything will be known!

lentini
lentini

Milan 10…splendid comment. I mean I watched a film way back then where an out of job agent played by tom cruise sought to be the agent of a american football player played by Cuba gooding Jnr. So who hires who applies both ways.( Jerry maguire) For how long is a player indebted to an agent who discovered him as a ” diamond in the rough?”. Yes an agent can be much more than just a finance manager or sponsorship finder! But can also be your grave digger! We can also insert clauses for performance in the contract like milan… Read more »

Reply to  lentini

Haha jerry maguire is perfect movie to describe donna situation. I bet “Show me the money!” Is mino’s favorite quote. Hell, he might even have that quote tattooed on his body. But to be honest, i have no hard feelings towards donna/mino because i think what they do isnt illegal. Unethical yes but not illegal, just like barca/madrid’s exclusive tv rights. Fassone said it eloquently: the ball is in his court. so if he decides to leave then milan should sell him. Its fair win-win solution. If jerry maguire is mino’s favorite movie then montella and fassone/mirabelli should watch/read moneyball;… Read more »

Milanellofm
Milanellofm

I have a bad feeling about donnarumma. I don’t think he’ll be playing for us next season. All rumours Ofcourse and the latest saying milan prepared to sell him to madrid instead of Manchester United. If he wanted to stay he would have signed it already or at the very least reassured us fans, he’s gone. Unfortunately loyalty means nothing these days..

ligerbaba
ligerbaba

Raiola is a money grabbing b***t**d…. The boy is just 18 for God sakes….. Let him focus on achieving First. €4.5m is too much for the kid. He’s overrated for now. He’s not yet in the class of De gea and Courtois.

dapito
dapito

if he want stay, he signed yesterday or last month… until now nothing happen…

so just sell him or put him at reserved and never playing for next season… and we’ll see the price still high or going down…