Report: Jose Sosa not open to the idea of moving to Antalyaspor, wishes to stay at Milan for another season

Jose Sosa during Milan-Roma at Stadio San Siro at Stadio San Siro on May 7, 2017. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)

Jose Sosa does not intend to move back to Turkey and consider an offer from Antalyaspor, reports suggest.

The Argentine midfielder joined Milan from Besiktas last summer for €7.5m and in 18 Serie A appearances, the 31-year-old Sosa contributed 3 assists.

With Marco Fassone, Massimiliano Mirabelli and Vincenzo Montella aiming to strengthen the midfield (Franck Kessié has officially joined today), it’s likely that Sosa, whose contract expires in 2018, will find even harder competition next year.

In the past few days Turkish side Antalyaspor have shown interest in Sosa, who was voted Player of the Season in the Super Lig in 2015/16. But according to Milannews.it, the player has no intention to consider this move as he’s feeling good in Milano and at Milan, and would like to keep wearing the Rossoneri shirt.

In an interview last week, Sosa’s agent Favio Bilardo told Milannews.it: “I have always said that Jose’s intention is to stay at Milan. There are no offers, absolutely none. They are talking about Sosa in Turkey? They can say many things but there has been no official bid, or even a call.

“He’ll stay at Milan and he’s very happy to play in Rossonero.” Milan are looking to improve their starting XI but seeing as they will play in Europe next season, depth is also needed in all roles.

GiftedItalian
GiftedItalian

Well the guy is considered one of our better passers in the current milan team so i’m not too angry about this

Ali
Ali

The fact is that when overall quality of the team grows, Nocerinos become stars. lol. Let’s hope this guy improves in the same way.

Mr.g
Mr.g
Reply to  Ali

I totally agree. for a few years we have a muntari, nocerino, and BONERA . With some quality, the mediocre players will dissapear in the secondary games that they could shine !

Reply to  Mr.g

To be fair to bonera, he was never meant to be cb. I think he never performed THAT bad when playing in natural position, rb

Lily
Lily

Milannews.it, the player has no intention to consider this move as he’s feeling good in Milano and at Milan, and would like to keep wearing the Rossoneri shirt. Yeah, yeah, I suppose he has the right to feel good at Milan and suck foul and then get paid with others like him. I guess that’s what makes Milan such a great club after all.

VICEROYMHZ
VICEROYMHZ

Comment: I don’t have any problem with Sosa staying, but i hope Locatelli gets a playing time, because we have 3 competitions now so, there should not be problem with playing time for sosa and locatelli. Bertolacci is what I am concerned about, I read a rumour about adding 60/70m + Bertolacci for Belloti, how true please?

Daniel Medeiros
Daniel Medeiros
Reply to  VICEROYMHZ

I read that it would be 60/70mil + one of Berto, Niang or Lapadula. I would send them both Berto and Niang + 60mil for Belotti without blinking. Keep Lapa as backup. With 23 of the 28mil for Kessié to be paid only 2 years from now, that saves us money for this summer. So I’m still dreaming with an attacking duo of Morata and Belotti. 50mil + 5 in bonuses for the first, 60mil + players for the second may be doable! And buh-bye Berto!

So milan offer 60m + one of niang/berto/lapa which is already quite lucrative for torino and ur suggestion is 60m + berto AND niang? So essentially u want to give niang for free when both everton and watford already offered 18m for him? Nice one galliani

andimakmur
andimakmur
Reply to  VICEROYMHZ

Like and agree with the Locatelli’s part, I don’t want him loaned out, give him time to develop in Milan, Yeah haha

Oshodi
Oshodi

Comment:i like players who are eager to wear this jersey, not some 18 year old telling us “we’ll see” after an offer of 4.5 million. What nonsense! Sell him, get a keeper and promote Plizari. This young lad and his agent are beginning to irritate.

Milan4life
Milan4life
Reply to  Oshodi

Exactly my friend…what the joke of this “we will see”? Is he Buffon?

Vinnie
Vinnie
Reply to  Milan4life

He is avoiding giving away any information that could hurt Raiolas power games. Donnarumma will renew, the fact that Kessie and Musacchio has arrived this early is a strong signal to Donna that it is in his best interest to stay here. The problem, of course, is that young players are more easily blinded by the money and the promises of agents who really only care about the sporting side of their clients careers to the extent it doesn’t hurt the profitability of the client-agent relationship. This is the Donna saga so far – I know, cause I have placed… Read more »

Gallo
Gallo
Reply to  Vinnie

Are u sure u really burg their office lol hahahahaha exactly what will play out

Olayiwola
Olayiwola

All i see in this donnaruma saga is just a young lad being manipulated by a greedy agent. I really feel milan should let him go and may be we get Gabriel back. Player should bleed for milan irrespective of their agent. Hence, i just have a feeling he’ll sign either ways.

Kostassyl
Kostassyl

I am OK to stay in the team for back up because this year we have more games to play… Poli, mati,pasalic are expendables… I think kessié, locatelli, bertolaci,Sosa, montolivo,kucka and one player like fagregas, rakitic, James Rodriguez is OK for the next years…

milan007
milan007

get lost so called buffon but you will never be a legend like buffon I hope u don’t stay here anymore u greedy kid

Rossonero 23
Rossonero 23

Well, if Pole, Honda, Bertolacci and Locatelli (on loan) leave, than Sosa should stay…

Chris_k
Chris_k

Comment: in my own opinion, I think Sosa still has time 2 prove himself regarding d fact he’s experienced. Honestly, if Donna wants 2 go he can though I want him 2 stay. We can cash in so much pay and improve d team; szcny is fine. Kessie is OK, got some talent. I hope 2 have Thiago Maia, fabregas, biglia, parades. I prefer morata 2 belotti 4 nw. As 4 Bello, may b in d future.

stephanmilan

Comment:i just want Donna to leave,tired of his contract saga dragging on,greedy agent.just promote plizarri,sign sczeny from arsenal.

Abuhafeez
Abuhafeez

I was tired with that capitalist agent, don’t blame Donna completely he was dragged into it, as we all know, the lad loves Milan and want to stay…….it is only that greedy agent want to use him to make money…

i_rossoneri
i_rossoneri

Guys… why you always hate bertolacci… He was good in the past, it is not his fault for poor performance, beside injury, the price tag was weighened him… And more critics from fans, more painful for him… I remembered some guy called Gianluigi Lentini years ago, one of the best italy’s talent, but when he became world’s transfer record, suddenly he was collapse.. His carreer was done, finish…. I felt the same sad feeling with bertolacci

Cocor
Cocor

Chinese don’t like those guys acmilan needs money to buying quality players

I like Sosa, he picks up silly red cards, but he is undeniably talented. As people already know and have noticed, I love Locatelli and I want him to be a part of our team until he retires, as long as it doesnt affect Loca’s playing time signifcantly I’m all for him staying, we need our quantity to have quality.

sas
sas

plsss let Sosa go we need moussa sousoko and as for Donna let him go

Slyfox
Slyfox

To all of you saying you prefer belotti to morata,i don’t know what your facts are,truth is both of them are good belottis price is almost twice of moratta and italian strikers recently,the ones who broke out as breathtaking in series a don’t usually stand out in other leagues,Forgotten ciro im!mobile? morata has experience ,played in two leagues and delivered,played in champions league and delivered, so I prefer morata,more cheaper and proven

Gallo
Gallo
Reply to  Slyfox

I prefer belotti bcos he can return back and hustle for football and he is that kind of ruthless scorer dat dont take chances u have to understand he rose from torino not juve or madrid

Milan Boy
Milan Boy

Considering that we will be very busy next season I think Sosa should remain as he will add the much needed depth,Berto should go instead

Mello
Mello

Update: Donna said he wanted to stay at Milan

Ink
Ink

I just observed a really interesting thing in that last Donna Raiola Contract article comments.
There are quite a few regular people who comment on this blog have bashed Donna, which is fine.
But seems like hordes of new people (whose names I have never noticed on this blog before) come out and bash Donna too. Hmmmmm. Interesting. ManU fans?

skinnierbird
skinnierbird

This whole Donnarumma drama is getting boring and old already. If Milan is still in the hands of Berlusconi this drama wouldn’t have sprung up because the old berlusconi wouldn’t take that nonsense. That being said, the agent and the player are taking advantage of the new owners and making ridiculous demands.They’re literally sitting on our heads and dangling their feet with a smirk on their faces. I say, we sell him whilst he’s hot and make some good money to reinvest into vital parts of our play. Just one full season with us and the kid acting all mighty,pssft.… Read more »

Ink
Ink
Reply to  skinnierbird

The ‘kid’ alone saved our arse and won points for us in many matches without which we would not be in Europa qualifiers.

dodoz
dodoz
Reply to  Ink

He also conceded quiet a few a goalkeeper of his quality shouldnt concede. He also can’ t trap a football or make a clean pass… Yes he is very very talented but mind you, NO one alive is bigger than AC Milan.
Its also time for us to cut dealings with any players represented by Raiola