Honda: “I’m going to leave Milan after this season, I’ll continue to work hard to achieve my objectives, Forza Milan!”

Keisuke Honda salutes the fans at the end of Milan-Bologna at Stadio Giuseppe Meazza on May 21, 2017. (Photo by Marco Luzzani/Getty Images)

Keisuke Honda has confirmed he will leave the Rossoneri club very soon and admitted ‘these have been three-and-a-half challenging years.’

Honda’s journey at Milan was not at all what he expected it to be, as he admitted before, but it ends with a smile as his goal – in his final match for the Rossoneri at Stadio San Siro (3-0 win over Bologna) – helped Milan get to the Europa League qualification stage and return to Europe for the first time since the year 2014.

Keisuke didn’t get a lot of credit from coach Vincenzo Montella and with the Japanese’s contract expiring next season, he has decided to leave the club.

“My dear fans, thank you,” Honda wrote on his Twitter account. “These have been three-and-a-half challenging years, but because of that I’ve grown as a person.

“I’m going to leave Milan after this season, but I hope to see you again. Maybe then I won’t be a player anymore, who knows how we’ll see each other again?

“I’ll continue to work hard every day to achieve my objectives. Forza Milan!” Honda joined in January 2014 after finishing his contract at CSKA; he made 90 appearances and scored 11 goals.

Pelle80
Pelle80

Thank you keisuki, and goodluck!

Dwayne
Dwayne

Good bye Samurai, even though you received harsh criticisms from fans and weren’t given enough playing time during the season, you still managed to deliver for the club at the right moment when we least expected it!

Well, now that the no. 10 jersey will be free, i wonder who will be wearing it!

Mansa
Mansa

I remember the beginning of last season when the Samurai was on fire. Such a great professional, not a whiner like some folks who miss just two games or a potential betrayer about to swap red for white. I remember his letter as a little kid where he said he hoped to win the Champions League with Milan. Wish you all the best. Forza Honda Forza Milan

VICEROYMHZ
VICEROYMHZ

Comment: I prefer to pasalic and Ocampos joined together, but every time I mention his name on the platform, I get thumbs down.

Eshan Palkar
Eshan Palkar

Damn, can’t we do something to keep him? I swear he’s not been used properly in the squad and I know he has a lot more to give us. 🙁

King James
King James
Reply to  Eshan Palkar

His position was thr issue, we rarely played with a No 10

Vic
Vic

Thx for all keisuke honda. Even when u always playing out of ur best position, but u always try to do the best. Shame it doesnt work for u and Milan but im happy that u end ur journey here with a smile. Wish u many luck. Forza Milan

Hachim
Hachim

a great player and a true professional till the very end. Wish you the best for the future.
Forza Honda, Forza Milan

Slicer
Slicer

Massive respect for this guy. He was never really given a proper chance, when we played with CAM with Allegri and Seedorf we had Kaka, and when he left we switched the formation, and Honda was forever forced to play as a winger, a position he never played in and never suited him, still he played with everything he had and never complained when he wasn’t played, a rarity among players today. I have always believed in hardwork and i think it would have worked out for him if given the proper chance. Never understood why Montella preferred Ocampos over… Read more »

King James
King James

He is a no. 10, we rarely play with a position that include a no. 10. No ones fault but the fault of Galliani who signs players randomly without asking the coach for formation or the kind of players he need

i_rossoneri
i_rossoneri

Trully profesional… And a real Milanisti too, arigatou gozeimasitha Keisuke-san

Misund
Misund

Thanks alot for all you’re hard work Honda! you might be one of the biggest fans out there and i highly respect you for you’re patience and professionalism. He even have a rossoneri tatto on his body. And I love him for it. It reminds me of T.Silva who still uses he legg protectors with milan emblem on. This is the types we need to get in.

Apache
Apache

I followed u from Russia when u were playing with Ahmed Musa. U came to Milan when Milan was finished yet u gave all ur best I remember ur goal against inter and host of others. I can’t place the reason why Montella refused to play u always instead of ocampos but I thank God u proved ur class yesterday. Something was unique about ur goal last night against bologna, before you took the kick I told my friends who came to watch with me that Honda will score the free kick and yet u affirmed ur class. Thank you… Read more »

Numerouno
Numerouno

So is he got a price tag or just leave freely?

Misund
Misund
Reply to  Numerouno

He leaves on bosman. Contract runs out.

Ink
Ink

Honda. Thank you. Off topic, Bigila in midfield? No. I’d rather see Loca and Zanellato if we cannot have a quality playmaker. As for needing ball winners and strength and girt, we have Kucka and Mauri; and Kessie – though I think we made a mistake by going for him, he is too much like Kondogbia – if he joins . I’d rather not see Bigila take up a spot of our prospects and them to rot on the bench. I have my doubts about these signings. They smell too much like Inter. Midfield – we need a quality playmaker.… Read more »

Reply to  Ink

Mate, de judas the lousy Capt. forces Milan to sell him to jufixtus. Not even figo’s that frontal. And respect has to be earned and reciprocal. Regarding loca and zanellato, they’re far from ready to lead Milan, especially zanellato. And that’s to be expected considering their ages. Their bodies haven’t even reached maturity yet for tarantino’s sake. Even ambitious fixentus didn’t force starlet like del piero to play at such tender age. At 18 He was still playing for juvenile jufixtus despite showing his class time and time again when played sparingly in serie a. Same goes for messi circa… Read more »

Opesionkaka'
Opesionkaka'

Lot of respect Boss! Sad to hear u’re going!but all d best anywhere u’re.u’re still gonn b 1 of ma favorite!!THANK U HONDA SAN!!!!!!!FORZA KESUKE!!!!FORZA MILAN!!!!!!

One of the biggest proffesionals i’ve seen. If only more players had the humility and work ethic as him.
Classy person, and classy player if used properly. Thanks for everything KEISUKE!

Raven
Raven

It disgust me how Galliani signed him only to increase sale of shirts in asia… he was a classy player, he wasn’t selfish more than once I yelled at the TV because he often he was clear at goal and he like a 10 always tried to assist, he is so professional he did something that even seedorf couldn’t and that was tell the truth about milan remember his interview in japan? and he kept playing a lot less but he did, he is amazing at FK, he can’t defend properly but I saw him recover a lot of balls… Read more »

Thank you for ur service and loyalty to Milan Honda, a true milanista. Too bad it didn’t work out for u. Hope u find happiness and glory at ur next club, wherever it may be.
The truth is, Miha did play him as 3/4ista several times but he’s just not good enough; too slow and rigid, unlike some of his performances for his beloved Nippon.
Now that Honda will be gone in the summer, who’s gonna wear the coveted fantasista # I wonder, bonadinho or arjen robbona?

exodus milanista
exodus milanista

Comment:bonaldinho no 10