Team news: Milan were without Ignazio Abate, Luca Antonelli, Andrea Bertolacci and Giacomo Bonaventura. Empoli had to do without the suspended Rade Krunić as well as without Uroš Ćosić. Kickoff time for Matchday 33 of Serie A was 15:00 CET at Staido San Siro.

Goals: Mchedlidze (40′), Thiam (66′), Lapadula (72′).

AC Milan (4-3-3) – Vincenzo Montella
Gianluigi Donnarumma; Davide Calabria, Cristian Zapata, Gabriel Paletta, Mattia De Sciglio (70′ Lucas Ocampos); Mario Pasalic, Jose Sosa, Matias Fernandez (62′ Carlos Bacca); Suso (88′ Keisuke Honda), Gianluca Lapadula, Gerard Deulofeu.
Unused: Storari, Gomez, Romagnoli, Vangioni, Kucka, Montolivo, Poli, Locatelli, Cutrone.

Empoli F.C. (4-3-1-2) – Giovanni Martusciello
Łukasz Skorupski; Vincent Laurini (65′ Marco Zambelli), Giuseppe Bellusci, Federico Barba, Manuel Pasqual; Josè Mauri (57′ Andrés Tello), Assane Dioussé, Daniele Croce; Omar El Kaddouri; Mame Baba Thiam, Levan Mchedlidze (53′ Massimo Maccarone).
Unused: Pugliesi, Pelagotti, Costa, Veseli, Dimarco, Zajc, Pucciarelli, Marilungo.

Referee: Claudio Gavillucci

dejan10
dejan10

Still puzzling over Montella’s line-up… Romagnoli was injured or suspended, I forget which, but can anyone shed any light on Kucka and Locatelli? Even Honda looked good when he came on compared to the rest of them. And that’s saying something.

Reply to  dejan10

Yeah, honestly no idea why either of Loca and Kucka weren’t playing… El Kaddouri alone ran the show in midfield against us… This game also showed just how important Romagnoli is to our defence, I dont think a lot of people – on this blog – realize his importance… Despite this, our midfielders should be good enough to beat Empoli’s midfield. Honda looked surprisingly sharp… Would rather have seen Locatelli or Kucka enter the field than Ocampos. When the midfield is lost, it doesnt matter how many attackers are on the field. I heard/read that Cruyff, whenever his team was… Read more »

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  Milanista121

I don’t get it. It’s not like either of them have been playing too much and need a rest.

emery
emery

Last season we were kicked out from europa league by mediocre sassualo and now by atalanta !!
What a shame ..

nick
nick

It’s obvious Montella hasn’t figured out his best midfield players or formation for Milan. To see Montella still experimenting at this stage in the season is troubling. This is not a good sign of things to come. Milan should strongly reconsider keeping him next summer. Sarri might be available next summer if rumors are true that he will cut ties with Napoli. Still can’t believe Berlusconi chose Mihajlovic over Sarri. Pure madness Sarri, Jardim, Unai Emory, Sampoli, Pochintino, Simeone or Lippi are coaches Milan should target if they want to return to glory. Montella is clueless and can’t even make… Read more »

rosso-138
rosso-138
Reply to  nick

You wrote some valid points but I don’t agree that Montella should be sacked for any of those coaches. Ok, maybe Simeone.

If we are going to sack Montella we need world class coach like Angelotti. If we bring another good but not the best coach it won’t matter much.

What we need the most is players – we currently don’t have 11 players worth wearing Milan’s jersey.

nick
nick
Reply to  rosso-138

Point taken. The issue I have with Montella is that no one knows what his starting 11 team is. Every game our midfield has different players. Same for our front 3 and defence. Bacca is better suited for a formation with a support striker as he has proven time and time again that he cannot lead the line. Lapadula is way better at doing that but Montella insists on using Bacca instead. No consistency in the area we are suffering from the most. That’s problematic because our forwards are struggling to find form and the team play is so inconsistent… Read more »

puang_machink
puang_machink

did anyone realized that Meytar didnt post any conference release from coach after the game like ussuall…
He knows that his blog will full of angry statements….

Arman
Arman

Italian football is slow, tactical and stinks of Juventus. I feel it is too early to expect big changes in Milano. Murinho left Serie A because of all the drama, and look where he is now. Not any better! We have to wait for more competition in top 5. Roma and Napoli are not deserving of top 3 finishes

Herry
Herry
Reply to  Arman

Everyone deserves where they are, except for juve.

donremie
donremie

I am still in shock! Can’t believe we threw away 3points just like dat! No thanks to montella! I don’t understd d rationale behind him resting players, we are not playing in any other competition so he shld field our best 11 at all times! I agree dat we shld return pasalic, deulofeu, ocampos back to dia clubs, dey are just selfish players! As for suso, I think he needs to be on d bench for Honda to play, Honda is more a team player needed for d 433! D style is not d problem but d execution! I also… Read more »

Milanellofm
Milanellofm

I’m going to talk about de sciglio for a moment here since the rumour is he wants to leave and won’t renew. And I for one am glad he is. When I think back to when he was 20 and playing in the confederation cup he looked amazing and I was proud of him. After his injuries he just dropped and now he is just a mediocre player and when he steps onto the pitch it doesn’t look like he has any motivation or passion to be wearing this shirt. At least Abate gives 100% and is always vocal. It’s… Read more »

I-Milan
I-Milan

It’s pretty annoying that Milan lost yesterday and much of the blame seem to be at the manager. Somehow, his gamble – as per team selection – wasn’t exactly spot on. But I want to cut him some slack. 1. I think the players who played, i.e. Suso et al were probably trying too hard to impress the new management. That possibly led to too many errors in the final third – selfish game play and all. 2. What I think this team needs most is a leader on the pitch. Conceding one goal wasn’t too bad, but with a… Read more »

gbazics
gbazics

Until Montella knows that Kucka is a very important piece of this team the better for him. He plays Mati to justify he is the one that purchased him,luckily Sosa is out of the next match and then maybe we can seee a hungry and rejuvenated Monty.

I-Milan
I-Milan
Reply to  gbazics

Monty?! Are you for real? Please Locatelli. Monty hasn’t even played competitive football for months. At best he can come in later, possibly to close the game down by using his experience. Mind you, I’m not a fan of Monto and I do hope he does possess experience to close down a game.

Ld
Ld
Reply to  gbazics

You are right about Kucka. He is very important to the team. He wins duels and support attack. It beats my imaginations when he is left on the bench when he is fit and not serving suspension.

Coach Seedorf
Coach Seedorf

Your comments are funny sometimes. 1. Ancellotti is not the man for this Milan. He cannot achieve Montella’s results with this team. He prefers to work with stars and still disappoints with them. 2. Losing is a part of the game, even though I’m not happy with this defeat myself. If we were PSG fans, we would have called for Emery’s head immediately after losing embarrassingly to Barca. Our problem is that our coaches are not allowed to make mistakes 3. Even with the right players at his disposal, I doubt that Montella can give us what we really want.… Read more »

Mustapha
Mustapha

How can we finish below Atalanta???, why is Milan this disappointing, am not even sure if we can bet Crotone away, its shameful

VICEROYMHz
VICEROYMHz

Comment: Honda over Ocampos
kuco & loca over pasalic n mati
442 over 433
who is with me
lapa & bacca upfront
suso & del should pass more
about that defense, they always suprise me, but i feel Romagnoli is important and a lb should play left while rb should play right

Barney 010
Barney 010

Pathetic no words els for this . Well i hope they make big changed next season we desperately need new midfieders

BAWSE 16
BAWSE 16

I am irritated about this donnas deal right now….no one holds a club to ransom….he is being misled by that bitch called raiola…for an 18 year old…4M annually plus captain band is enough….how many players earn that much in serie a….if he won’t take it he should be sold biko I don’t care mehn…..that his retard agent is a bitch…..do u ever see ronaldo’s agent on the news, NO u won’t but every time raiola always bitching, that guy is a nuisance….and if Donna loves milan like he says he should sign and if he doesn’t he should leave….that kid… Read more »

Gman
Gman
Reply to  BAWSE 16

Don’t blame the agent. Donna knew all about him before he chose him. The demands are coming from donna’s thru his agent. Not the opposite around, don’t be foolish

Barney 010
Barney 010

I think milan should fire montella he hasn’t done anything good this season . He’s somtimes cluelles ‘doesn’t know what formation to play . He strugles to understand that a 443 formation isn’t right for milan right know we dont have the right midfielders for that . Lets be all honest we dont have 1 quality midfielder let allone 3 . So a manager would notice that but his stuborn to change formation he should have played a 442 formation with bacca and lapadulla upfront that would have a smart man had done . I know he didnt had funds… Read more »

nick
nick
Reply to  Barney 010

I agree with you on everything except Ranieri. if Milan management is smart they would get Leonardo Jardim, Diego Simone, Pochintino or Sarri.

Ranieri is a one hit wonder and he has spent majority of his career in the looser seat.

So I wouldn’t trust him at all unless we are desperate for a coaching change like Palermo.

Vic
Vic

And now de sciglio wants to leave.. Ungrateful kid wearing captain armband. F*ck off, just go to jubentus and relegate already bcause of another calciopoli. Or bcome another monty there.
Another topic, mino raiola is a cancer

nick
nick
Reply to  Vic

DeSciglio is not that good in my opinion. Overrated!

He only plays good for italy surprisingly. Maybe because it’s not a season long commitment.

His defending is suspect and I can’t recall any time his offensive contribution ever lead to a goal.

He adds nothing to Milan going forward.

Antonelli is better on the left but Montella doesn’ tlike him for some bizarre reason.

If only we could find someone like Alaba or Marcelo.

Vic
Vic
Reply to  nick

Yeah spot on. What makes me so pissed actually bcause he chose our rival

dejan10
dejan10
Reply to  nick

Apparently De Sciglio gets “nervous” playing for Milan as he gets booed sometimes, but for Italy he’s free to express himself. Doesn’t make much sense to me but that’s MDS for you.

Vic
Vic
Reply to  dejan10

Doesnt make sense to me either

emery
emery
Reply to  nick

Similliar to marcelo or alaba ??
If montella and fassone really paying attention in the match monaco vs dortmund when both of them watching that game, i would love if b. mendy joining milan next season..this guy is a beast !!
Just throw mds to jubetube idc ..

C
C

These new owners seem to be a BIG JOKE and Fassone and Mirabelli too they are already failing Kolasinac seems to head to Arsenal Donnarumma’s contract negotiations are going very slow and the transfer budget just gets lower and lower and the players they are targeting are not the right ones… They just seem to be unable to keep their promises and incompetent if Donnarumma leaves then im done with this club forever

Gman
Gman
Reply to  C

Lol, scouting since january, have ended up with zilch. Embarresing really. Im not a galliani fan but the old man goes for a player, escpally leaves the country to watch him. He atleast manages to make a deal. Deulofeu, ocampos, since january. If he wanted to get kolaniac for free, which galliani is an expert at lol(free agent) he would have made a deal.

ted
ted

If De Sciglio will leave then we should go for Conti. We are linked with him but once again Juventus are suddenly ahead of us for the signature

VICEROYMHz
VICEROYMHz

Comment:every match now puts my hands in my mouth, even if we play a team in the last position in serie b, there is no assurance we will win.

Djuka
Djuka

If de sciglio go to Juventus wich is probably, than we can go for Conti, kid isnt stupid, he refuse to go to napoli becouse he wont have playing time becouse of Hisay, same is at Juventus, at us he can easilz be first choice, also there are rumours that Roma want to sold Pelegrini for 30 milion and also that we are linked with Nemanjja Radoja, dmc from Selta wich byout clausule is 10 milions

Gman
Gman
Reply to  Djuka

Easily first choice in juve?? Dani alves and lichsteiner are better

Djuka
Djuka
Reply to  Gman

thats why he wont go there, at milan he can easily be first choice : )

Vic
Vic

I imagine if only Conte is our coach, maybe we are fighting for title now.
Another topic, i think counter attack will much more suited to us rather than ball possesion. The reason is our player cant create space especially our midfield, lack of creativity etc. It seems we depends on luck too much to score a goal. Imagine 4-4-2 counter attack with lapadula and bacca upfront, deulofeu and suso as side mf..but maybe it doesnt gonna work as i imagine, dunno.

So, I kept questioning why we were reportedly going for full backs, but with the De Sciglio “saga”, it makes more sense now. Honestly, I didnt picture him leaving, but if the rumours are true, then good riddance and he should be booed since he isnt performing either and is not worthy of the armband and should be stripped of it. I have been his supporter since day one, but if this is true, then nope, all respect is gone. He was apparently attacked by a fan after the game, that is not right, but the boos, sure. Anyways, with… Read more »

Mojdanis
Mojdanis
Reply to  Milanista121

Agree completely. No need for Aubumeyang next season. We need defense and midfield. Fabregas is a guy who controls whole team with his passing. He is like Sosa times five. And Pellegirini is a guy that can add so much to our current midfield. We would need also aquisitions on the wings, especially if we don’t get Deulofeu.

Reply to  Milanista121

Uppdate: i though Ghoulam was 31, i was mislead. He is 26 and he would be a great addition, with Luca as his back up! Now according to corriere Dello sport, we are close to De Vrij. Would also be a very nice signing!

Milanellofm
Milanellofm

De sciglio has no intentions of staying and that’s fine. He never showed growth, actually he was better at a young age and with injuries he go worse.. I already said it and will say again. He never looked motivated or happy to be in milan so let him leave. We’re not losing anyone spectacular.. Take the armband away from him immediately.

Suracho
Suracho

What is going on ???? Is this blog dead???? Where is meyyar zeevi???? Is this blog only for match reviews???? Due to the inactive mods I have not typed the world renowned “Suracho Analysis”. On the other hand the Chinese are tarnishing our Milan brand. How the f they allow riwolala pig to offer berlusconi and gallianis greatest student gigio donnarumma to shinter. During gallianis reign this things would never happen but look what the Chinese have done to my Milan. How in fsake a smallidget money hogger man UTD ckcscker agent like riwolala offer our Gigi to shinter. Is… Read more »

yourBoss
yourBoss

Raiola is offering Dunnarumma to Inter lol why no one’s yet to physically attack this guy

Milanisti Indonesia
Milanisti Indonesia
Reply to  yourBoss

Please someone with black magic, whoever you are,please kill that scumbag raiolshit..

RKaY
RKaY
Reply to  yourBoss

I read that too and don’t know how true t is but regardless, Raiola will be the end of donnarumma at Milan. Agents like him killed loyalty in modern football, it makes me uneasy having players on our team who have this scum as an agent.

Frank
Frank

Raiola z jst lucky football z all about professionalism,if not so he would hav been lynchd n brutalised 4 offering our best player of d season 2 our arch rivals…wat d fuck was that? Dat shows us how low he sees us and left 4 me donnarumma z not a god,there r alot of players we had dat were very good at very young age bt 2day they r no where or average. we mustnt kill ourself bcos of him, if he feels d club dat gave him life aint good enouf anymore even wit 4mil a year n captain… Read more »

ted
ted

It’s reported Milan agreed personal terms with Frank Kessie of Atalanta, Fassone is in contact with agents of Biglia and De Vrij of Lazio and also Ghoulam of Napoli, there’s also rumour Milan are considering a swap between Ghoulam and De Sciglio. Still crossing fingers for Belotti

Djuka
Djuka
Reply to  ted

Desciglio don’t want to go to Napoli

Rimp