Federal prosecutor set to investigate Mati’s move to Milan due to Cagliari’s claims of Cosentino’s involvement

13
General Magager of AC Milan Adriano Galliani is seen before the Serie A match between Empoli FC and AC Milan at Stadio Carlo Castellani on September 23, 2014 in Empoli, Italy. (Photo by Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)
Galliani is before Empoli-Milan at Stadio Carlo Castellani on September 23, 2014. (Photo by Gabriele Maltinti/Getty Images)

The federal prosecutor office has opened up an investigation after Cagliari claimed that a revoked agent, Pablo Cosentino, helped Milan signed Matias Fernandez.

The start to Mati Fernandez’s Milan career isn’t going so smoothly. The player was injured on international duty and will miss a month and he is in the centre of a beef between Cagliari and the Rossoneri.

Mati, 30, had appeared to be on his way to joining Cagliari from Fiorentina but Milan & Adriano Galliani came in the last moment and ‘hijacked’ the player who previously worked with coach Vincenzo Montella at the Viola.

Cagliari’s director of sport Stefano Capozucca claimed that in order to sign Matias, Milan used the services of Pablo Cosentino, a former Catania vice president who is banned from football for match fixing, but the Rossoneri were quick to deny it and even threatened to take legal action.

The case seemed to have passed away but according to today’s La Gazzetta dello Sport, it’s far from the case: FIGC’s Federal Prosecutor office has opened up an investigation to understand what really went down and if the revoked Cosentino was really involved. At the start of next week, probably Tuesday, the prosecutor will be in touch with Capozucca to understand his side of the story.

Mati Fernandez and his agent Ale Santisteban at Milanello (via @AIMfutbol on Twitter)
Mati Fernandez and his agent Ale Santisteban at Milanello (via @AIMfutbol on Twitter)

On September 2nd, Milan lawyer and board member Leandro Cantamessa told La Gazzetta dello Sport that Cagliari’s version of things is not the truth. “I understand the anger over the affair but things are not as Capozucca says they are,” Cantamessa said to the pink sports daily.

“The decisive phone called, as admitted, was of Montella. Mati would thus have to choose whether to go and play in an environment that he doesn’t know or in a team that aims to return to Europe with a coach who knows him and has his respect, and with favorable economic conditions.

“In this context, the work of a mediator like Cosentino – who was not involved in any case, would be useless. Consequently, the words of Capozucca are untrue.” Two sides – the Prosecutor will decide.

Subscribe
Notify of
guest
13 Comments
Inline Feedbacks
View all comments
Dwayne Kanas
Dwayne Kanas
3 years ago

Cagliari are butthurts, can’t they see that Matias is now injured? why bother now?

Milan4ever
Milan4ever
3 years ago
Reply to  Dwayne Kanas

Bcause that ruins their plan. Imagine u just promoted and search for a player who have experience on serie a, with a low limited budget. U got the player u want, hve a deal and just a second someone snap the player u really want. So what would u do?

Mojdanis
Mojdanis
3 years ago

Great now we just need a transfer ban and we are set for Serie B.

EzrGy
EzrGy
3 years ago
Reply to  Mojdanis

What Pessimists!! If u want only good coming your way, nothing actually comes!! U fight for it. For good or bad. Look at Juve locking down all young prospects so other clubs can’t sign them!!

Mojdanis
Mojdanis
3 years ago
Reply to  EzrGy

Hahaha…Wtf are you talking about… IQ is a wonderfull thing when is above at least 90… For just typing words 70 is enough. Take care mate

Milan10
Milan10
3 years ago
Reply to  Mojdanis

Talking about iq, i think with galli’s iq he’s very dangerous to be with in tight closed spaces or on the same highways

Michbeck
Michbeck
3 years ago
Reply to  Milan10

I do not like all these Galliani-haters. Because of them we will eventually loose Galliani, a man who has Milan-DNA and who has experienced our glorious time from inside and therefore we will loose a lot of our own identity, with maybe someone arriving who is responsible for the transfers our rivals, which we so often titled fails in the past.
I would wish Fassone could find and add a reincarnation of Briada to our rangs.

EzrGy
EzrGy
3 years ago
Reply to  Mojdanis

And with your high IQ, did you read into the future and saw a transfer ban? Galliani cannot just bow down and give up players just b’se they are attracting interest from other clubs. He has to fight for the club’s best interests. If he hurts others while doing so, too bad. Tough luck. My illustration with Juve is: it has locked down Sassuolo’s Berrard, Bentacur just so if they grow into fine talent they (Juve) have first option to sign them. Our hopes of signing Pjaca were crushed b’se of Juve’s market ‘ruthlessness’. It would then be silly for… Read more »

Mojdanis
Mojdanis
3 years ago
Reply to  EzrGy

Im sorry if I insulted you it was very imature of me

BleedRedAndBlack
BleedRedAndBlack
3 years ago

That would be a the great final act for Galliani.. to destroy Milan completely.. we getting a transfer ban in January when we have cash.. we somehow qualify for Europa with this team and then after the ban we can’t sign players again due to FFP.. hope it does not come to that

Jibola
Jibola
3 years ago

Ive mentioned here on many occasions that Galliani’s nasty and dirty ways of doing deals is affecting Milan. He was called Kojac by Montpellier’s president, Terrorist by Benfica president and many other clubs prefer to sell their players to other clubs than deal with Galliani.

I hope this dont land us in problem.

Mathijs Savicevic
Mathijs Savicevic
3 years ago
Reply to  Jibola

Exactly, get out Galliani, get out.

MOBO
MOBO
3 years ago

only against cagliarri we can prove too smart in transfer. inter, Juve, napoli, roma etc outsmarts us always.