ALEXANDRE PATO has officially joined Sport Club Corinthians Paulista for a reported €15 million fee.
It’s over: Alexandre Pato is no longer a player of Milan after nearly six years with the shirt of the Rossoneri with which he won the Scudetto in 2011 and the Italian Supercoppa Italiana in the following summer.
Adriano Galliani met with Sport Club Corinthians Paulista’s leaders today in Brazil to define the deal and Corinthians announced on the signing of the Brazilian striker for which they’ve reportedly paid €15 million.
“AC Milan announces that Alexandre Pato has been sold on an outright basis to Sport Club Corinthians,” an official statement on Milan’s website reads. Corinthians confirmed through their website that “Over the next few days Pato will undergo medical tests and sign the four-year contract.” Pato will be their #7 shirt.
Corinthians now own 60% of the player while Pato himself now owns the remaining 40% of his rights. Pato’s target is to reach the World Cup 2014 which will be help in Brazil and for that he needs constant playing time. Pato came to Milan as a big promise but after two excellent seasons with the red & black’s, he struggled with injuries and never really fulfilled his potential. Now he’s a chance to revive his career.
“I want to thank all the people at Milan that I’ve worked with in all these unforgettable years in Milano,” The Duck wrote to the fans in a farewell letter. “I’m going to Brazil, to Corinthians to get the possibility of playing with continuity. However, it won’t be easy to forget Milan. I am and I will always been emotionally attached to the Milan shirt, its colors and all the Milanisti. My thoughts and my biggest thanks go to all the Milanisti.”
Pato scored 63 goals in 150 appearances for Milan in all competitions. Meanwhile, there are rumors that Robinho could stay after Santos allegedly abandoned the Binho talks after signing Walter Montillo.
Good Luck, Pato!