RE-READ the updates from the Aquilani story.
Liverpool midfielder Alberto Aquilani has joined AC Milan after passing the first part of the medicals yesterday and today, he has underwent the second part of it and then signed a contract with the Rossoneri.
In this post you’ll find the updates from all the Aquilani action that was going on this Friday.
- Milan have signed Aquilani on loan. If the Italian international makes over than 25 appearances, Milan’s option to sign him turns into an obligation. The Rossoneri would be able to sign him for only €6 million (there are rumours that it could be in three installments of 2 million). As for the player’s contract, according to reports over the last days, Aquilani will make €2 million in his first year and if he stays at Milan, this would be increased to €2.5 million. Aquilani also got €2.2 million severance pay from Liverpool. He will reportedly wear the #14 shirt.
- Alberto has passed all the medical tests and is officially a Milan player now, as confirmed by a statement on acmilan.com: “A.C. Milan are please to announce the arrival of Alberto Aquilani on loan from Liverpool FC. The current deal, which includes an option to buy, will end on 30 June 2014.”
- Aquilani has posed outside of Milanello with a Milan shirt. The picture can be found here (via Gazzetta.it).
- La Gazzetta dello Sport reports that Aquilani will undergo more medical check-ups this morning, this time at Milanello, before signing the contract. However, he will be at the disposal of Max Allegri for only a few days as he is part of Cesare Prandelli’s squad for the games against Faroe Islands and Slovenia (2 and 6 of September).
- Liverpool have already announced yesterday that Aquilani will join AC Milan but nothing is signed yet, hence it is not official. Aquilani underwent a series of medical tests yesterday at the hospital and then visited his new teammates at the Rossoneri training center Milanello.
Sources: La Gazzetta dello Sport, Milannews.it.